Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems (15562 Views)

World Malaria Day 2023: Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation’s Road To Malaria Eradicatio / George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project / Reason Why AA Genotype Are Prone To Malaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Franking: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2022
How about trying to eradicate anopheles mosquitoes rather than malaria?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by mastermaestro(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2022
obie3rixe:
But in a nutshell, he made sense here..
We need to start recycling..
Learn to discern a man's good from bad and deal with him accordingly..

He made sense for real. But does he believe in his own innovative ideas? Will he be willing to commit funds to at least kick it off from his senatorial district?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by toprealman: 11:39am On Jul 21, 2022
Abilistic:
kiss

Bill Gates once released mosquitos into the audience while talking about malaria during a TED talk saying; "there's no reason only poor people should have to experience this."

They made sure none of the mosquitoes had malaria before doing so.
Lol....not the kind of mosquitoes in Africa. There are very big mosquitoes in Europe. Even in Russia.....but they don't have plasmodium in them. That's what Bill Gates released.....if not he would have ended up in jail.
Again he made a point about research on hair loss etc. Countries set aside good percentage of their annual budget for research and development. Tackling their internal issues.
Africa has this entitlement mentality. They believe it is the responsibility of the west to solve their problems too.
We applaud politicians that use research funds to live big. We are not ready yet.
As for Ned, what did he do as a law maker? Their senses come back after they leave office
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by chaseblack(m): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2022
He mad sr s
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by chaseblack(m): 11:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Franking:
How about trying to eradicate anopheles mosquitoes rather than malaria?

Nature has a way of balancing itself, as long as dirt is everywhere, organisms that thrives on dirt will keep wrecking havoc. Why not tackle the source, if we eradicate dirt not only will mosquitoes be gone, lots of diseases will be gone as well.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 21, 2022
mastermaestro:

He made sense for real. But does he believe in his own innovative ideas? Will he be willing to commit funds to at least kick it off from his senatorial district?
According to the report, he said his foundation has engaged professors and provided funds for research already.. that's to say he is currently funding it's actualization..
But you know naija people nau.. we're never serious.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Timekeeper452: 11:44am On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
In Wike's voice "how can you marry up to 6 wives and be normal?" grin grin

Wike is madt I swear
i’m not one to support Ned, but he made real sense here
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by zudozz: 11:46am On Jul 21, 2022
The highest malaria medicine for you is teenage puceees.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by tfelicityk(m): 11:53am On Jul 21, 2022
This is good incentive program if and only if the private and government agencies will key into it to actualise the concept.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by ceexcel(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok.

Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by NwaIgboBoy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
this Paedophile
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by chatinent: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
First, return people's land you took by force.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by descarado: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
What is this man's occupation?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by KingGBsky(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Instead of you all to judge the man with his proposal, you are bashing him with his marital life. If the president was even 1/10th as brilliant as he is this nation won’t be this way!

Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by mastermaestro(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
obie3rixe:

According to the report, he said his foundation has engaged professors and provided funds for research already.. that's to say he is currently funding it's actualization..
But you know naija people nau.. we're never serious.

I read all that. Quite impressive. However, what I didn’t see was an already functioning facility. We have enough ideas flying around. We don’t need more paper projects. He should establish the first one in his senatorial district.

1 Like

Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Henrygetpaid: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
Pikin fuccckerrrrt....
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by effido666: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
In Wike's voice "how can you marry up to 6 wives and be normal?" grin grin

Wike is madt I swear
wetin this man senatorial district dey achieve from am self ?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by jrusky(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
Oga pls Park one side.

Nwoko my a s s!!!
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Franking: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
chaseblack:

Nature has a way of balancing itself, as long as dirt is everywhere, organisms that thrives on dirt will keep wrecking havoc. Why not tackle the source, if we eradicate dirt not only will mosquitoes be gone, lots of diseases will be gone as well.

My point exactly. Rather than tackling the symptoms only.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by adeoluwato: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
I quite agree with him, it’s common sense. We need to be deliberate about some things that affect us as a continent. Malaria is an African endemic. We shouldn’t expect too much commitment from foreign nations. We all saw how the westerners responded to COVID. The African Union needs to tackle this menace if they truly care about the common man. But that is the big question for me.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Frales6(f): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
this man and his malaria wahala should go and rest na. malaria that he has been eradicating since no dey finish?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by pfadom: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
With this man, our young girls are not safe. Malaria or teenage marriage?

When is the young mother (Regina) starting school?

Worthless beings shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by bukas15(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
rottennaija:
The solution to nigerian power problem is mass metering. When everyone has meters including villages, they will be power.
I presume you mean NET METERING ??
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by bukas15(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
post=114942348:
The mosquito kills more people than any other creature in the world.

Fact Check : The mosquito is responsible for over 1 million deaths each year!!

Mosquitoes kill, Kill Mosquitoes.

#WeDidOurPart.
I didn't see your quote on the UNKNOWN BISHOPS your darling party packaged for you guys yestaday
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
bukas15:
I presume you mean NET METERING ??

I don't understand what you mean by net metering. Please explain
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by meobizy(f): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
The solution to both problems is mass exodus. By the time Nigerian youths migrate to developed nations only a few will remain hence NEPA will properly serve them and lower numbers will die from malaria.

At the end of the day, too much sense won’t kill me.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by tonididdy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Naaaa ...not in Nigeria
It's like the case of generator investors and the Nepa myth.

Insecticide and pharmaceutical investors will never allow malaria vaccine see the light of day
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by chyzoo4u(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
If out senators should come up with an Idea like this in every of their sitting, Nigeria would've been a better abode.

Great idea from Ned, I never thought of it.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Vitally123: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
AlexReports:
Ned Nwoko reveals solution to malaria menace, power problems

Former federal lawmaker and philanthropist, Mr Ned Nwoko, has advocated investment in vaccine research; in order to tackle malaria in Africa. 

Fielding questions from journalists Wednesday in Abuja, Nwoko said the Ned Nwoko Foundation has been engaging professors and scientists within and outside Nigeria on funding such researches.

He said: “There are vaccines for almost every other ailment. For instance, there is a vaccine for chicken pox, so why not malaria? What causes malaria? Is it not mosquitoes? Mosquitoes  breed in very dirty environments. If we have clean environment, there will be less mosquitoes.

“Malaria can be eradicated by managing wastes properly. Waste management is critical to the eradication of malaria in Africa and Nigeria in particular. All wastes from homes, streets, offices, have to be collected properly and taken to recycling centres. There must be recycling centres in every area and every part of Nigeria.

“I am proposing to have recycling plants in every senatorial districts in the country. There are 109 senatorial districts in Nigeria. Those plants will have three functions. The first one is the recycling of the basic items like papers, plastic, bottles and everything else recycle-able.

“You can imagine the number of jobs that can be created from that alone, from the collection to the recycling plant. The second would be composite items. There are food items that could be transformed into fertilizers, manures for farmers.

“The third component of this plant is to generate power. We are crying in Nigeria that we have no light. Nigeria is currently producing about 4,000 megawatts. If we go along with what I am proposing, it means that those plants can produce 200 megawatts. When you multiply that by 109 senatorial districts, you get about 21,000 megawatts. That will be the solution to Nigeria’s power problems.”

https://www.abujapress.com/2022/07/ned-nwoko-reveals-solution-to-malaria.html?m=1

Under multiple wives "malaria hysteria"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minister Of Health Warns Doctors / Whats The Cost Of Chest X-ray In Nigeria / Have You Met Someone That Spits Saliva Every 5 To 10 Mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.