Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Abiapoly Accreditations Withdrawal : I'll Declare State Of Emergency On Educatio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiapoly Accreditations Withdrawal : I'll Declare State Of Emergency On Educatio (186 Views)

2023 Presidency: I'll Declare My Ambition In April - Ngige / I'll Declare Biafra If Kanu Is Denied Fair Trial - Ohanaeze President / Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abiapoly Accreditations Withdrawal : I'll Declare State Of Emergency On Educatio by gregoryjoe002(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2022
The founder and proprietor of Gregory University Uturu Prof Gregory Ibe has expressed disappointment over the recent withdrawal of the accreditation status of Abia State Polytechnic Aba by the National Board for Technical Education(NBTE).

The Abia state governorship candidate on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA for the 2023 general elections, said he would declare state of emergency on education if elected .

According to Ibe, his evaluation of the current status of educational institutions in the state was the major reason he would declare state of emergency on the sector to restore the sector to it's past glory.

Prof Ibe made the statement while reacting to the recent development of withdrawal of accreditation to Abia State Polytechnic

" I sympathized with the students and staff of the institution whose academic programme have been truncated by the NBTE pronouncement" he said According to Prof Ibe, this is one withdrawal of accreditation too many to Abia state educational development.

According to him, this period is definitely not a good time to be an academic in Abia state .

"I am particularly pained by this sad development because of the preponderance of interventions I initiated through TETfund collaborations and distribution of palliatives to staff members as a way of forestalling this tragic outcome. Tell me what will be the fate of the unfortunate students whose academic progression has been forcefully truncated and the dilemma of staff whose woes arising from many months of unpaid salaries have been further compounded?” he asked .

Continuing, he said , " My evaluation of the current status of educational institutions in the state was the major reason i will declare state of emergency on the education sector if elected governor in 2023".

While sympathising with the students , he announced his willingness to absorb OND certified students of Abia Polytechnics into Gregory university Uturu to enable them convert to degree students

In his words “Leveraging the unimpressive outcome of survey conducted by industry experts on educational institutions in Abia state, which deployed Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) indices and international best practices in education to assess the true health status of our primary, secondary and tertiary schools, I once again reaffirm my resolve to declare state of emergency that will lead to comprehensive reform of the sector once I am elected governor in 2023. But to create an immediate response to the Abia Polytechnic debacle, I have requested the management of our institution to work out modalities for possible absorption of desiring OND certified students of Abia Poly into Gregory University Uturu for conversion to degree scholars”.
Recalled that Prof Ibe had in the past initiated distribution of large consignment of food items to staff of Abia State Polytechnic Aba and Abia State University Uturu while facilitating critical interventions by federal government agencies for both institutions.

1 Share

Re: Abiapoly Accreditations Withdrawal : I'll Declare State Of Emergency On Educatio by RoyalDiadems: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2022
To every Nigerian out there who is tired of this current Nigeria and who has a burning desire for national rebirth, join The Take Back Nigeria Movement on Telegram.

Let's build the largest Telegram Political Movement in Africa where we can speak with one voice and unite to retake our country.

Our Target is to have 20 mlllion Obidients in an unsurmountable United force against all oppositions and oppressive powers.

Download the Telegram App. Search for Take Back Nigeria Movement and Join.

Nigeria Shall Be Great Again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2022 UTME: Only 378,639 Scored Above 200 – JAMB / The Memoirs Of Vice-president Osinbajo / I Believe This Is The Solution To Nigeria's Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.