Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

What Is Whois - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Whois (784 Views)

Why Whois Look Up For A Domain Is Good Or Bad / Help To Integrate Whois Domain Details To Website / Help To Integrate Whois Domain Details To Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Whois by meef(m): 5:12am On Jul 30, 2011
WHOIS stands for “Who is?” and is a utility used to look up information on domain names.  This includes contact information as well as some technical information such as the domain’s name servers (DNS) used for service, and certain Status information such as if the domain is Locked.

The utility program is good if you want to know who owns a website or you want to contact the person who owns a website.

To experiment this utility tools long on to www.trickng.
Re: What Is Whois by kolawole09: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
I want to ask how can i have this domain search engine embedded on my website so that people can come and search for domain name on my own website

(1) (Reply)

13 Ways For Bloggers To Make Money With Advertising / Telecoms Operators In Nigeria May Increase Tariffs / Get Your Tweets Printed On Toilet Paper And. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.