Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Telecoms Operators In Nigeria May Increase Tariffs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Telecoms Operators In Nigeria May Increase Tariffs (770 Views)

How Do U Get Cusomised Sms Code With Gsm Operators For My App? / Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? / Can Anyone Tell Me Internet Providers In Lagos And Their Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telecoms Operators In Nigeria May Increase Tariffs by mashnino(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
obile subscribers in some Nigerian states should expect to pay more for telecom services over the removal of fuel subsidy, according to The Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON).

As a result of the hike in fuel prices, it is expected that there would be an increase in tariffs as the operators’ support services are dependent on fuel, even though the core of their power is generated by the use of diesel.

“Therefore, with the increase in the cost of PMS, it is foreseen that it will also affect the cost of doing business, meaning that it will affect the cost of network operations as well, said ALTON Chairman, Gbenga Adebayo.

Adebayo also said that some mobile operators cannot maintain their networks in some states in the South-East because of issues of multiple taxes imposed by the government and its agencies.

source http://www.nairation.com/discussion/20/telecom-operators-in-nigeria-may-increase-tariffs-over-fuel-subsidy

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Niche To Work On / I Need GSM Short Code / Get A Free 30-day Trial On SEO Campaigns for your blog/website...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.