Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Child Trafficking In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Child Trafficking In Nigeria (8733 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Woman For Currency Trafficking In Lagos (pictured) / Pastor, Wife And Others Accused Of Child Trafficking In Abia State / 7 Women Arrested In Ondo For Prostitution And Child Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Afanna1: 6:13am On Jul 30, 2011
How child trafficking network operates in South East

On July 30, 2011 · In Just Human
By Uduma Kalu

Child Trafficking in the Eastern part of Nigeria is a lucrative trade. In Nigeria, human trafficking ranks the third most common crime after financial fraud and drug trafficking. At least 10 children are sold every day across the country, according to the UN. Globally, the traffickers earn $33 billion yearly.

In Nigeria, the traffickers are seldom caught, and even when they are, they easily buy their way out. It is rampant in Nigeria but prevalent in the Eastern part of the country, especially child trafficking.

In Surulere Lagos, a childless Yoruba lady, married for five years, facing family discomforts, was told by her lady friend of a baby factory in Aba, Abia state.

The lady went to Aba, met the owners of the baby market and was asked to pay N2m for a male child. She was also given some medicines which made her look pregnant. Her husband thought she was pregnant. Towards the time of delivery, she told her husband she was travelling abroad to have the baby. But she went to Aba where a baby boy was handed over to her after paying the full amount. She returned to Lagos and lives with her husband with the child. The man thinks the boy is his.

Lagos baby factories

Why did she go to far away Aba? In Janet Fajemigbesin Street, in Amuwo Odofin, behind old Durbar Hotel-near Festac, Lagos, teen ladies charge N150,000 and N200,000 per baby. Twins sell for N450,000. They boys who impregnate the girls are paid N10,000 to N20,000. In Lekki, one Mrs. Theresa Marques, 84, owner of an orphanage sold babies for N100,000, N200,000.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/how-child-trafficking-network-operates-in-south-east/

Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by seanet02: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2011
Na today? Ibos are known for all kinds of social vices. Na today? Ibos are known for all kinds of social vices.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by newman10(m): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2011
seanet02:

Na today? Ibos are known for all kinds of social vices. Na today? Ibos are known for all kinds of social vices.

Must you make all these derogatory comments all time, na wa o
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by seanet02: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2011
newman10:

Must you make all these derogatory comments all time, na wa o
no be my fault, na ibos like social vices too much
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by CyberG: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2011
Seannet: Shame on you for your silly comments! Get your head out of looking at everything from tribalism and racism, what do you gain? You are educated (I believe), get a life and stop!

@Post: It is a problem of societal values and backwardness of the Nigerian society foisted by its past leaders and perpetuated by its present crop of leaders! Look, it is painful to anyone not to be able to give birth but how can this problem be solved? Are there ways that it is being solved elsewhere? Yes! Does Nigeria need any new scientific or technological research to make it possible? Not at all! In better societies, to start with, their values are such that you can even chose not to have kids and no one cares! But if you choose to have, what are the options if you don't want to adopt? You can have a surrogate mother and it is perfectly legal and regulated and you will have kids with Fluid donated by the man! If the problem is the man and the woman is fertile, artificial insemination is the way to go and it is perfectly legal! I have met a lady who has a child and that child never had a "father" because she got the Fluid from a Fluid bank and she told me that much! When Nigeria's so called leaders begin to think on how to serve their people, things like this will die a natural death. Otherwise, everyone will seek to help themselves which further perpetuates the lawlessness we have in Nigeria.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2011
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Afanna1: 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
Trafficking ranks the third most common crime after financial fraud and drug trafficking. shocked
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by seanet02: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2011
Okija shrine
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2011
seanet02:

Okija shrine

seanet02, sorry i thought this people spoke of a seize fire and would be less tribal but i can see otherwise

i apologise once again
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2011
how evil and callous. ibo folks and their anything for money syndrome.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2011
Eko Ile:

how evil and callous. ibo folks and their anything for money syndrome.

maybe the are breeding them for food. who knows cry cry cry poor babies . unlucky to be in igboland cry
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Ngodigha: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2011
alj_harem:

maybe the are breeding them for food. who knows cry cry cry poor babies . unlucky to be in igboland cry
Alh Uche, what sort of man are you. You were suppose to be making peace between the two southern groups yet you are taking sides.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2011
Ngodigha:

Alh Uche, what sort of man are you. You were suppose to be making peace between the two southern groups yet you are taking sides.

if i hear u talk. amadioha fire u dia angry

since 4 days i have allowed you and your other igbo mates to insult bring out articles etc about yorubas and i even insulted the yorubas thet replied by insulting igbos. Me thinking you people would use ur common sense and say it is enough as the yorubas are not better themselves

instant you people contiuned on and on and on

well, just want to show waht would happen after rahmadan is done as i can not really do wat my my heart pleases

Now i have be civil and trying to stop tribalism but the way it is going. SMH

goodluck
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
Ngodigha:

The man is a Yoruba. What do you expect? If you haven't realized that by now, na wa 4 u o!
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2011
EzeUche:

The man is a Yoruba. What do you expect? If you haven't realized that by now, na wa 4 u o!

have i not said i am yoruba before so why tell him
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Chyz2: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2011
This Afanna guy is funny. I'm glad we are kicking his people, the Ijaws, out of Rivers state slowly. grin
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
HE IS DEFINITELY A yORUBA MUSLIM NOTHING ELSE.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
Afanna IS ALJ HAREM.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2011
This is a very serious.  angry
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

HE IS DEFINITELY A yORUBA MUSLIM NOTHING ELSE.
Bliss4Lyfe:

Afanna IS ALJ HAREM.

can you please keep your mouth shut

when the yoruba start there own do I not complain and open thread to discredit them

so not that it is done to the igbos, it makes me yoruba

you must be daft beyond believe. really
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2011
^^shaaaarrraaaaap! tribalist aboki lover, yoruba IDIO.T . afanna igbo wanabe. imbeci.le
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by ektbear: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2011
Afanna is not even Ijaw, he is from Akwa Ibom, iirc.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2011
ekt_bear:

you dey mind them. LOL
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2011
ekt_bear:

Interesting. . .

Afanna. . . Nsido mfinna mfo? Afo odo Ibibio?
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Chyz2: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2011
ekt_bear:

Ijaws are "from Akwa Ibom" as well.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^shaaaarrraaaaap! tribalist aboki lover, yoruba IDIO.T . afanna igbo wanabe. imbeci.le

Look being yoruba or aboki or igbo is not material here

it is the act of insulting groups of people that is material. I believe even as young as you are, you can understand that
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by ektbear: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Ijaws are "from Akwa Ibom" as well.

I don't doubt that. this is the problem with using state names as a surrogate for ethnicity, I guess. But I suppose that most readers should be able to pick up on what I mean from context.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
But how do you move from kidnapping and killing your own people for money and also kidnapping your own school kids for money to trafficking little babies for money?

Sometimes really I wonder about ibo people. Why are they so blessed with too many anti social vices and issues, it's like they are still kicking it in the stone age.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Horus(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2011
Buying or selling of babies is illegal in Nigeria and can carry a 14-year jail term.

14-year is not enough, it should be at least 30 years jail term.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by bashr4: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2011
anybody that believes affanna is ijaw of even from the east is a fool.
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by aljharem3: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2011
so who is afana? grin grin grin
Re: Child Trafficking In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2011
Nawa o! The report actualy indicted both igbo and yoruba, though igbo more! The factories were in Lagos as well as east and im sure if Ibadan and Abeokuta is well combed more baby factry will be found!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immigration Recovers 700 Voter Cards From Foreigners / Why Are Lawyer's Buried Face Down Instead Of Up? / Gunmen Kidnap, Monday Izu, DELSU SSANU Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.