Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Low Christianity Has Fallen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Low Christianity Has Fallen (1035 Views)

(PHOTOS) The Level Of Damage Christianity Has Done To Nigeria / Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! / Christianity Has Lost The Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Low Christianity Has Fallen by pansophist(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Christianity vs islam

Christianity right now has become a joke. I watch how all manners of degeneration slowly encroach and become the norms. From gay pastors to transgender members, to criminals who donate huge funds while the church blesses them instead. This hardly happens in Islam. Muslims compared to Christians will defend what they believe in, the rules of their doctrines shall not be conveniently used to justify all kinds of nonsense that Christianity tolerates.

Even nairaland has a warning on the Islamic thread, to warn you that you should watch your statement and not offend the Muslims, but no such thing for the Christian thread. In some threads, you have to declare you are a Muslim before you can post. if you stand for nothing, then you accept everything. Women in Islamic countries are more virtuous than in Christian countries. All manners of radical misandrists masquerading as feminists all populate Christian countries, never in Muslim ones. If you are a mentally deranged transgender slowpoke who is attracted to baboons and identifies as a she-male, Christianity will accept you and you might even be a pastor soon.

In churches, you see ladies almost dressed naked, with their cameltoes in full view, since they came to slay for christ. I have seen more breasts and pants through revealing dresses in churches than on the streets. Modern Christianity have be heavily commercialized, I can only imagine how God would feel when he sees how Christianity has degenerated so badly. And oh, it doesn't end there. Now a test for you. Put on a shirt that is written "Allah is gay'' and walk freely in the north or a Muslim country, may I wish you rest in peace in advance. Not justifying violence, but if there is no red line, then there is no line at all. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for everything.

Whatever.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
Finally someone has said what has been on my mind for a long long time.
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by CaveAdullam: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
1. Religion might be the opium of the masses with a scary history, but the fact that if the contents(myths, metaphors, allegories) of every religious text are deciphered deeply we will find out that religion is still a potent and strong bulwark guiding and protecting humans. The idea/belief in God is the reason why humans have not run into extinction.

2. Christianity is declining because:

a. Its gospel is that of peace and tolerance. (New Testament in focus). A bucket fits all.

b. Christians don't know the thin line between criticism, judgment, and condemnation. If you point out any wrong, they see it as you condemning that person.

c. Recent generations of Christian young boys and girls have discovered that the majority of the contents in the Bible are not true. They move straight to hedonism and delinquency because they have been lied to and want to explore what they have been deprived of for a long time. Here is the catch:

I. In doing so, they threw away the baby(truthful message/wisdom) along with the bathwater(myths, stories, allegories) contained in scriptural texts.

II. The message of religion was to curtail their emotions and flesh, and exercise in the things of the spirit (truth, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding). But since the baby is now dead, and the things of the flesh (extensive pleasures, social vices, evil, etc.) have taken over their hearts, the demons(pains, suffering, hardship) they ought to be unaware of or have power over became their friends and oppressors simultaneously.

3. The problem the liberal culture has is that it opened the door of freedom wide without quality leaders to checkmate the excesses of the masses; and to help curtail their animalistic instincts.

a. The government that should have done it is rapacious with various skimming devices.

b. Clergymen who should have done it do not even understand the details of religious texts and are blinded by greed. "Their god is their belly".

c. Fathers/family who should have done it have been weakened by useless government policies that have polluted the socio-economic and political sphere.

d. No reward for good behavior and morality. Evil is constantly rewarded or paid little attention in terms of punishment. Hence, more evil, less good.

4. Notwithstanding, this liberal culture led to more improvement in science and technology which spirals into civilization growth.

Christians were allowed to explore the world. Compared to the Islamic nations, you will know that Christian nations surpassed them in everything.

5. Are Islamic nations truly moral?

Outright promiscuity is obvious in Christian nations. But what of the incidences of underage sex? Homosexuality? High drug abuse? Violence? Adherents of the Islamic religion are one of the worst sets of religious followers.

The former is obvious with its sins while the other veneer its sins.

6. Religion has been discovered for what it is. Religious stories are myths. However, its messages in hidden forms are ever refreshing if understood.

7. A growing population is leaving religion, going back is not an option.

What we need now are quality leaders who understand the intricacies of life and can checkmate and lead the people. Until there is a rise of these leaders in their hordes, we will continue to struggle with the decline.

Thanks.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Maynman: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
Jesus Chrestus is coming soon!

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by desiredhome: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
When the God of their belly is involved, anything goes.......
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by The5DME(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Christianity is all about money now.
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by desiredhome: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
The5DME:
Christianity is all about money now.
god of Mammon (the God of their belly)

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Kestolove(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
am not a christain but i know CAN is the problem
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Moh247: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
MURIC PFN and CAN should stay off partisan Politics or register and form a Political Party
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
pansophist:
Christianity vs islam

Christianity right now has become a joke. I watch how all manners of degeneration slowly encroach and become the norms. From gay pastors to transgender members, to criminals who donate huge funds while the church blesses them instead...

Correction! It is not Christianity that has fallen but the people who claim to loving Christianity who have turned themselves to the scums of the earth.

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by pansophist(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Correction! It is not Christianity that has fallen but the people who claim to loving Christianity who have turned themselves to the scums of the earth.

And why do the gatekeepers of Christianity doctrines, such as the pastors, and bishops, accept such?
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
Well Jesus has called out his own disciples since 1914 {Revelations 18:4} they're now gathering themselves under one umbrella {Isaiah 2:2-4} what you are calling Christians today is known in the spirit realms as Babylon the Great (a spiritual harlot) Revelations 17:5

After Jesus has gathered millions of obedient people from all the earth in 1931 his father declared the name hidden away from false religionists all of whom will be destroyed soon, that hidden group name is "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15

Unlike Islam this organization have LOVE among themselves {John 13:34-35} they don't force their policies on neighbours {Luke 9:51-56} they don't participate in world's politics {John 17:14} so nothing can make them raise or support raising weapons against their fellowman {Matthew 26:52} they are the most peaceful group globally {John 14:27} but their policies are engraved in the hearts of all their members {Jeremiah 31:33} so they have the same line of thought globally! John 17:22

So Jesus' true disciples are separating themselves from Babylon the Great today {2Corinthians 6:17} just as he foretold! Matthew 13:30

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by budaatum: 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
pansophist:
Christianity vs islam

Christianity right now has become a joke. I watch how all manners of degeneration slowly encroach and become the norms. From gay pastors to transgender members, to criminals who donate huge funds while the church blesses them instead. This hardly happens in Islam. Muslims compared to Christians will defend what they believe in, the rules of their doctrines shall not be conveniently used to justify all kinds of nonsense that Christianity tolerates.

Seems you are claiming Christians are going to hell while Muslims are going to heaven. You are aware that some Muslims conveniently justify beheadings and underage marriage with their Islam, right, and that Islam has gay Imams and transgenders and criminals too, or don't Muslims steal no more? Besides, many ignore the warning on the Islamic thread and don't watch their statements and offend the Muslims to the extreme pleasure of their hearts, you'd find, so I don't see how a warning on a non-existent Christian section would make some less of a joke.

Personally, I'm pleased there's no oath on Christian threads, and sad at the fact that there's no Christian section even. The Muslim section shows the unity of a people working together, while the lack of a Christian section shows the disunity amongst Christians and the lack of a desire or need to unite and pull resources and work together. That after all, would be like becoming as one people speaking the same language and coming together to make bricks and fire them thoroughly, and if you begin to do that, then nothing you plan to do will be impossible for you to do. Unfortunately, the Christianity of some makes them too confused to make bricks to reach the heavens while some are building rockets to the moon and Mars with their own Christianity.

Perhaps we might learn, I hope, from the differences and contradictions.

Oh. And by the way. The last image refers to what you done here. Just so you know, from the abundance of the heart and all.

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Steep: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
Jesus is the only way.

2 Likes

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
pansophist:

And why do the gatekeepers of Christianity doctrines, such as the pastors, and bishops, accept such?

Because, they too are not Christians either.

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:29am On Jul 22, 2022
Lol!

Na now Una eyes dey clear?

Una just dey wake up to the undeniable reality?

One thing about the Truth is that no matter how much it's being denied, swept under the carpet, hated, persecuted, rejected and scoffed at, mocked and ridiculed, it can never be extinguished. It would always reveal itself in time.

For me though the emphasis is not on the outward appearance but on the heart, as although the outward appearance could reflect what's inside, it doesn't guarantee that and can also be manipulated so it cannot be fully trusted.

Hence the hearts of Christians is where the crux lies for me. It's has derailed significantly from what and where it ought to be and used to be.

Acknowledging this Truth is one right step away from addressing it.

God bless.
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2022
There's nothing like "Christian countries". The only country that considers itself "Christian" (it's not) is the Vatican. All those countries you consider "Christian" are secular countries. It is this same type of ignorance that makes those braindead northern Muslims think all non-muslims are Christians.

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by kingxsamz(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2022
Then join Islam now, since it seems to have everything you want. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Runningwater(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2022
Well it depends on what you expected it to be

First of all, I ain't religious but to expect Christianity to solve your problem when you don't believe in it, it's madness. Why expect them to live up to your expectations? Whether they like money, live "immoral" life, being hypocrites or whether not living as their religious book says, leave it for their leaders in such faith to handle it. Non-christians should only get involved when such leaders can't solve the mess. Besides, imagine if Christianity doesn't exist for a bit? Do you know the numbers of criminals put off their stupid acts? So why they might not be doing what they preach but at least they still solve some of our societal problems that couldn't be solved by the police and others.

Secondly, Religion plays an important role in society whether you like it or not. It's a place for comfort but not for people like me though. So we shouldn't criticize anyone religion whether it's in line with ours or not. But there're instances we might get involved such as when it interfer with ours or lives of others and maybe harm to them among others and it should be done "lawfully".

I think I'll stop here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by CovenHighPriest: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2022
Andrew Tate had a good rant on this topic in one of his interviews on the Fresh and Fit podcast.
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Lawag3: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
pansophist:
Christianity vs islam

Even nairaland has a warning on the Islamic thread, to warn you that you should watch your statement and not offend the Muslims, but no such thing for the Christian thread. In some threads, you have to declare you are a Muslim before you can post. if you stand for nothing, then you accept everything. Women in Islamic countries are more virtuous than in Christian countries. All manners of radical misandrists masquerading as feminists all populate Christian countries, never in Muslim ones. If you are a mentally deranged transgender slowpoke who is attracted to baboons and identifies as a she-male, Christianity will accept you and you might even be a pastor soon.

In churches, you see ladies almost dressed naked, with their cameltoes in full view, since they came to slay for christ. I have seen more breasts and pants through revealing dresses in churches than on the streets. Modern Christianity have be heavily commercialized, I can only imagine how God would feel when he sees how Christianity has degenerated so badly. And oh, it doesn't end there. Now a test for you. Put on a shirt that is written "Allah is gay'' and walk freely in the north or a Muslim country, may I wish you rest in peace in advance. Not justifying violence, but if there is no red line, then there is no line at all. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for everything.

Whatever.

When the people brought a woman caught in the act of adultery to Jesus he said who hasn't sinned should throw the first stone so most Christians leave God to do the punishing of sinners

To your point of some pastors being supportive of gays and transgender people the bible prophecied it that people will come and preach false doctrines that we should be warned of false prophets, pastors and aviod them.

But still Jesus is the way the truth and the light

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Lawag3: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
pansophist:

Even you know that not all Christian pastors accept what you think they accept
Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by Gerrard59(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
pansophist:
Christianity vs islam

Whatever.

From your post, you tactically justified violence or deadly intolerance as the reason "Islam is better off than Christianity". Fine, modern-day Christianity is too liberal compared to other major religions, but it is that liberalism that has made Christians or people who were Christians or born and bred in a Christian-dominated society thrive and become prosperous. Across the world, Christian-dominated societies are largely prosperous, less violent, more tolerant, and form the basis for scientific and business progress. Even societies that did not have Christian roots but imbibed the values of Christianity are very prosperous - India, South Korea, China, Japan etc. Also, Muslim-dominated societies are largely poor, very intolerant, lack scientific expertise and business development. The Islamic societies that are prosperous or seemingly prosperous imbibed values or laws from Christian societies - UAE, Qatar, Morocco, Malaysia, Indonesia etc. The examples in the Middle East did so on the availability of commercially viable natural resources. Worse still, when a society adopts the Arabian culture of the Middle East, it tends to be way poorer and more intolerant of believers of other religions to live in. Northern Nigeria and North of the Sahel are perfect examples. Yoruba land and Malaysia are the opposite examples. Put Igbos in Afghanistan and replace them with Afghans in Igbo land; tomorrow, people from elsewhere will rather reside in the new Afghanistan instead of the south-east. That is the effect of Islam and adopting the Arabian culture.

Part of the reason Malaysia is well developed than Indonesia is because of the presence of the Chinese populace, who control the business and academic sectors of the country. There are fewer Chinese in Indonesia than in Malaysia and more in Thailand, and the difference amongst the trio is stark clear. Someone from Bayelsa can live freely in Thailand than in Indonesia. Now, compare the level of societal development in Singapore - which is Chinese-dominated and has a substantial Christian populace - the difference is also clear. In Malaysia, it is based on your ethnic group and religion before merit, but that is not the case in other Asian societies that don't have a substantial Muslim population. Mediocrity makes a society poorer; culturally permissive violent practices such as killing someone because he/she "mocked" your prophet or converted to another religion or a woman married outside the religion make It unfit for inhabitation and very poor. Additionally, in Thailand, the Muslim parts are the poorest and most under-developed. The same applies in the Philippines. Move to South Asia, the most prosperous societies are not Muslim-dominated. The same applies to the Middle East; the most developed, tolerant, with freedom of thought and prosperous society is Israel, not a Muslim-dominated society. Is it surprising that women live freer lives in South America than in Northern Nigeria? Or a woman can thrive in Zambia than in Mauritania? How many Hindus from India live in Mali compared to Namibia?

As I said earlier, Christianity is way too liberal, but rather than imbibe the gatekeeping characteristics or redline-ism of Islam, look at other religions - Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Shintoism or better still, revert to African Traditional Religion. On the other hand, you should understand that the reason these issues abound in Christianty is because you are judging it from a westernised society lens. Those issues don't happen in Asian countries with substantial Christian populations - South Korea and Singapore. So, alternatively, you can advocate African Christians (citizens of western colonised countries) adopt or put forward their ethnic cultural practices before the westernised version of Christianity. Even at that, there abound forms of Christianity that have strong influences on some African cultures or cultural practices. However, if you want your society to be poor, adopt Islam. If you want it to be poorer, intolerant and backward, adopt the Arabian culture of Islam.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by fredwill1357(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. Religion might be the opium of the masses with a scary history, but the fact that if the contents(myths, metaphors, allegories) of every religious text are deciphered deeply we will find out that religion is still a potent and strong bulwark guiding and
What we need now are quality leaders who understand the intricacies of life and can checkmate and lead the people. Until there is a rise of these leaders in their hordes, we will continue to struggle with the decline.

Thanks.

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by virginboy1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. Religion might be the opium of the masses with a scary history, but the fact that if the contents(myths, metaphors, allegories) of every religious text are deciphered deeply we will find out that religion is still a potent and strong bulwark guiding and protecting humans. The idea/belief in God is the reason why humans have not run into extinction.

2. Christianity is declining because:

a. Its gospel is that of peace and tolerance. (New Testament in focus). A bucket fits all.

b. Christians don't know the thin line between criticism, judgment, and condemnation. If you point out any wrong, they see it as you condemning that person.

c. Recent generations of Christian young boys and girls have discovered that the majority of the contents in the Bible are not true. They move straight to hedonism and delinquency because they have been lied to and want to explore what they have been deprived of for a long time. Here is the catch:

I. In doing so, they threw away the baby(truthful message/wisdom) along with the bathwater(myths, stories, allegories) contained in scriptural texts.

II. The message of religion was to curtail their emotions and flesh, and exercise in the things of the spirit (truth, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding). But since the baby is now dead, and the things of the flesh (extensive pleasures, social vices, evil, etc.) have taken over their hearts, the demons(pains, suffering, hardship) they ought to be unaware of or have power over became their friends and oppressors simultaneously.

3. The problem the liberal culture has is that it opened the door of freedom wide without quality leaders to checkmate the excesses of the masses; and to help curtail their animalistic instincts.

a. The government that should have done it is rapacious with various skimming devices.

b. Clergymen who should have done it do not even understand the details of religious texts and are blinded by greed. "Their god is their belly".

c. Fathers/family who should have done it have been weakened by useless government policies that have polluted the socio-economic and political sphere.

d. No reward for good behavior and morality. Evil is constantly rewarded or paid little attention in terms of punishment. Hence, more evil, less good.

4. Notwithstanding, this liberal culture led to more improvement in science and technology which spirals into civilization growth.

Christians were allowed to explore the world. Compared to the Islamic nations, you will know that Christian nations surpassed them in everything.

5. Are Islamic nations truly moral?

Outright promiscuity is obvious in Christian nations. But what of the incidences of underage sex? Homosexuality? High drug abuse? Violence? Adherents of the Islamic religion are one of the worst sets of religious followers.

The former is obvious with its sins while the other veneer its sins.

6. Religion has been discovered for what it is. Religious stories are myths. However, its messages in hidden forms are ever refreshing if understood.

7. A growing population is leaving religion, going back is not an option.

Thanks.

Seniorman did your school in Nigeria? Are you a psychologist or a philosophical.

Mehnnn, most of your comments are always filled with Words of Wisdom.

Respects.

1 Like

Re: How Low Christianity Has Fallen by obonujoker(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Christianity can never fall or decline.

Bible has already forewarned us that at the last days many will turn away from the gospel of truth and diverge into lies, conspiracy theories, belly gospel and the rest.... and such many will backside.

However, he/she that continues to the end shall be saved!

(1) (Reply)

Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding / Do You Feel God Has Called You To Be A Pastor, Do You Need Help? / God Barons: Nigeria's Pastors 'as Rich As Oil Barons'-bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.