Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria (11468 Views)

2023: We Must Unite PDP First Before Uniting Nigeria - Atiku / Buhari: Only NYSC, Police, Soldiers Uniting Nigeria / Binshep Gimba, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram, Only Surviving Child Of His Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by treesun: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
The Emir of katsina, Alhaji Dr Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir has observed that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was the only surviving Federal Government Project among so many that were established between 1970 to 1990.

Emir Kabir made the observation on Wednesday, 20th July, 2022 when the State Coordinator NYSC katsina state Hajiya Muhammad Aisha paid a courtesy call on the Emir in his palace.

The Katsina monarch called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to continue to support the NYSC Scheme, noting that it is the only project that brings in national unity and integration.

He disclosed that while serving under the scheme in Sokoto as a Youth Corps member in the 80s, he served with dedication and selflessness, unlike what is happening today.

The Emir further observed that lots of difference exist between nowadays youths and those in his days. He explained that “youths in the good old days, listen and obey advise but today, if you tell the youth to sit down, he or she wants to know why you are asking him to sit down.”

“NYSC is the only project established by the Federal Government in the 70s’ that is still in existence among many others like War Against Indiscipline (WAI), Green Revolution, to mention but a few.”

Emir Kabir also promised to support the scheme in his capacity as the traditional head of the katsina Emirate council

While assuring the coordinator of adequate security of lives and properties of corps members and staff serving in his domain, the Emir said:
“My doors are always open to render assistance as far as the NYSC is concern whenever the need arises.”

The monarch encouraged the coordinator not to express any fear while praying, noting that the gods of the land will protect and preserve the NYSC members in his domain

Earlier, the Coordinator, Hajiya Aisha Muhammad informed the Royal father that She was in his palace to present herself to the Emir for his prayers and royal blessing having been posted to the state recently.

Hajiya Aisha thanked the Emir for the provision of a conducive atmosphere for the corps members to operate within his domain.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/nysc-only-surviving-fg-project-uniting-nigeria-katsina-emir/

6 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by DOTian: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Every NYSC season, they will recruit Southern corpers to go and help out in the arid north. Meanwhile core Northern corpers, especially the females, will never cross Lokoja... Is that not evil? How many Shuwa Arab female corpers have you seen serving at Awka or Akure before? But they will load southern gals, including those that are newly engaged, off to Birnin Kebbi and Gwoza to face the daily temptations of all those sex starved inbreds. Every sector is rigged in favor of those who think that they have captured Nigeria..

217 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by blackboy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
Anything that pays the politicians. With the muslim muslim ticket and El Rufia and the way PMB has run this country these past years ....the constitution needs to be reviewed and NYSC too

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
Lie even that one is a lie should be scrapped. It is where they learn about corruption.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
Corruption keeps increasing!.

1 Like

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by WibusJaga: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2022

Even the NYSC has lost its past glory. No thanks to Buhari's 8yrs of bigotry & incompetence. &now that evil bat wants to further divide the country.

Only hope of uniting Nigeria now is for everyone to be Obidient & Yusful.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by thesicilian: 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
This one is living in a fools paradise. The nationalistic spirit of NYSC is long dead.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by superlanny(m): 5:40am On Jul 22, 2022
NYSC while it seems like a scheme that would bring about National Unity amongst a multi ethnic country like ours. I am in support of it being scrapped and maybe reinstated at some other time when our country is normal and livable.

Living in Nigeria is a risk already, you now ask me to go and serve, what nonsense, serve what exactly. The corruption and rot is clear for everyone to see, until we can fix this Godforsaken country, NYSC is totally bullshiit.

14 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by God1000(m): 5:41am On Jul 22, 2022
How is NYSC uniting Nigeria at the moment? It was Gowon's brainchild, the scheme was established with the aim of fostering national integration after the civil war

But I think NYSC has outlived its usefulness

24 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Ulunne777(f): 5:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Southern blood dey sweet una

4 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Moh247: 5:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Tell Buhari that...

Common EFCC recruitment, Buhari pack almost all the slot to Katsina, same as NNPC recruitment where he gave his own daughter a position

13 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by FREEMADNESS: 5:41am On Jul 22, 2022
There's nothing uniting this country. The Northern and Southern amalgamation is the biggest heist of the century.

13 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Jamiubond009(m): 5:42am On Jul 22, 2022
grin
Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by saintrow1: 5:42am On Jul 22, 2022
It should have been scrapped long time ago

7 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by fnep2smooth(m): 5:42am On Jul 22, 2022
yea.... giving out cheap teaching

3 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by metch1(m): 5:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Story for the gods. Nothing like unite oga, I have seen many northern students that has refused to go and serve at any eastern states. Meanwhile the reverse is the case for eastern students

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by cern: 5:43am On Jul 22, 2022
That program will soon be abolished. It's no longer purposeful. It's now another avenue for small small stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:44am On Jul 22, 2022
Trash...

Guns,threat of war and other rubbish statistics are the ones unifying Nigeria not IGBOS.

Release MNK....Let us Check something first

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by luxs(m): 5:44am On Jul 22, 2022
DOTian:
Every NYSC season, they will recruit Southern corpers to go and help out in the arid north. Meanwhile core Northern corpers, especially the females, will never cross Lokoja... Is that not evil? How many Shuwa Arab female corpers have you seen serving at Awka or Akure before? But they will load southern gals, including those that are newly engaged, off to Birnin Kebbi and Gwoza to face the daily temptations of all those sex starved inbreds. Every sector is rigged in favor of those who think that they have captured Nigeria..

HARD TRUTH ¡

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by crossfm: 5:44am On Jul 22, 2022
Hehehe.

Thank God the emir know this.

Our darling daddy brought more division to Nigeria than development,lol.

The fact that some evil politicians are hell-bent on continuing these mantra is what baffles me most.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by fasho01(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Where's the lie here.. Even nysc is beginning to lose it's relevance and isn't bringing unity any more

3 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by underpinna: 5:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Corruption uniting the politicians too.
Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2022
People like Myhusband are blinded by myopic and ethnic sentiment.

How can a civil and modern society in 2022 vote in a dying president, who doesn't know the party he is contesting under.

Of recent, Tunde ednut posted where the grandfather was corrected on the platform he is contesting under.

Funny enough, the northern elites are the ones pushing him to keep making political blunders, so that Nigeria Christian society will see him as an enemy.... How on earth can you arrange fake pastors and rev. Fathers.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgSPmMlpKXO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Ladygbola(f): 5:48am On Jul 22, 2022
DOTian:

I thought am the only one who noticed that funny trend. You hardly see them cross the zones of Nigeria. They will send their own female to neighbouring states. I noticed most females ( both Christians and Muslim) from Bauchi served in Gombe or Kaduna serving in Niger. You hardly see them in South West,East or South. They keep doing this in and out of the season. They will just do something funny. North East serves in North West and vice versa in most cases. And North Central goes to North East or West. At the end they load southern females who will come to North and start prostitution just to make money off the useless Abokis who can give them peanuts. If you ask them why don't they send their own females to South East or south West or South South you would be attacked. These are the wrong thing we see and keep quiet like nothing happened, but you have to say it for them to know we are aware of this decay. They hide under national integration to commit this evil. Well, I am sure people are now wise because relocation exist so after camping you leave immediately. I remember I was posted to Kaduna immediately I finished camping..I relocated to Delta State. I escaped from sex starved skinny looking Abokis who were ready to spend heaven on me at mami market just to have sex with me after camping. I remember one was on my neck to marry him as second wife asin ehhhhh a whole me to be second wife!!!!!!!. Anyway they are free minded guys and they love their women more than the way Southerners love their own women, they spend on ladies and they are so open minded. They can give whatever they have just to make you happy as a lady. I remember one of them flew to Asaba from Kano just to see me. They are the nicest men to be with,I remember Sirago, Ali,Mammud, Umar,Ahmad and Nasir these guys are so wonderful to me. They made Kaduna camp Interesting for me and till today if I call them for anything they will do it but you see our Igbo brother's and Yoruba demons they will block your number or even present their tiny dicck for exchange whatever they offer you and southern brothers will want to use their pennis to kill you before you know what is happening.
If you want equity and equality send your unmarried female northern corp to South West or South East or South South, if truly you want the NYSC to be making sense. That people don't talk on these doesn't mean we are not aware it exist. We are just aware but chose to ignore and remain calm. NYSC was my worse nightmare because people want to recruit corps to cut cost and save money thereby not employing the real staff who can do the job. Imagine public school in Nigeria have 70% of their staff corp members even those who are not primarily education teachers are forced to teach a course just because you want to pay them peanut. In the south the school principal will over work you with so much teaching load and if you refuse they report to LGI / state coordinator or zonal inspector. If you get to the North you will be forced to teach in Hausa language otherwise the students won't pick your English. What a show of shame and stupidity. Who learns a language through another language? How is that possible? We joke alot in Nigeria. May God save!!!!

23 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by lonelydora: 5:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Oga Emir, your kinsmen do not want Nigeria united o
Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 22, 2022
It is also the only way government can provide professional staff like teachers, medics, and so on to the rural areas.

That's why it can't be scrapped.
Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by Omonieme: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2022
No lies there. But of recent, the Nigerian curse has also started happening to the scheme. Right now, with just 70,000 Naira, you can 'run' your posting to your desired state or even your state of origin which defeats the concept of going out there, experiencing a new culture which will most definitely remove some hitherto stereotypical views an individual might have had of a tribe

3 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 5:54am On Jul 22, 2022
DOTian:

2 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by PointZerom: 5:59am On Jul 22, 2022
DOTian:

Permit me to use this somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulmumimi Usman Kabir: NYSC Only Surviving FG Project Uniting Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 6:02am On Jul 22, 2022
SCRAP NYSC..
IT IS YIELDING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF ONE-YEAR

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Orders Linking Of Rail Line To Port Harcourt, Onne Ports / Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia / SSS Raid Bomb Factory In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.