Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 (1467 Views)

PDP Keeps Mum As Razak Atunwa Plots To Present WAEC As Highest Qualification / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by AcuraZDX: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
Google on Thursday highlighted the top trending personalities, music, movies, high profile deaths as well as sports that trended in the first half of 2022.

Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, Communications and Public Relations Manager, Google West Africa, said in a statement that the first half of 2020 had been eventful with high profile deaths, politics, personalities among others.

Mr Kola-Ogunlade said that such trends and searches were as a result of happenings and events of interest that caught people’s attention.

He said the top three trending people in Nigeria in the first half of the year were Peter Obi, Putin and Bianca Ojukwu.

The manager said that Peter Obi is a Nigerian businessman and politician who served as the governor of Anambra from 2006 to 2014.

Mr Kola-Ogunlade said that Mr Obi is currently the Labour Party candidate for President of Nigeria in the 2023 presidential election.

According to him, Vladimir Putin, Russia’s President also grabbed the attention of Nigerians in the first six months of 2022 as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine became topical across the globe.

“Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of late Biafran warlord, Chukuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu also led search interest by Nigerians when she slapped Ebelechukwu, the wife of immediate past governor of Anambra, Chief Willie Obiano.

“A second famous slap comes in at number five on the list of top trending people, after Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars in March.

“AFCON 2022 topped the list of most searched moments between January and June, Senegal beat Egypt in the final match of the African Cup of Nation (AFCON) football competition to emerge winner,’’ he said.

According to him, the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has seen the majority of Nigerian students in public tertiary institutions.

The communication manager said that staying out of classes for five months was also a top moment that captured the interest of Nigerians online.

He said that top of the list of notable deaths was the death of popular Nigerian Gospel singer, Osinachi Nwachukwu.

According to him, she was allegedly killed by her husband in a case of domestic violence.

Mr Kola-Ogunlade said that the death of another gospel singer, Chinedu Nwadike, was the second most searched death for Nigerians.

He said the song, Buga, by Kizz Daniel, featuring Tekno was the number one trending song in the period under review.

The communication officer said that blood sisters, a Nigerian series on Netflix starring Nancy Isime and Ini Dima-Okojie topped the list of top trending movies and TV Series by Nigerians from January to June 2022.

Mr Kola-Ogunlade said that Olu Jacobs, the veteran Nollywood actor who recently celebrated his 80th birthday led the list of top trending actors in Nigeria while Raheem Sterling’s journey from Manchester City to Chelsea FC led him to be the number one trending sports personality in Nigeria.

Search trends information is gleaned from data collated by Google based on what Nigerians have been searching for and asking Google.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/google-names-peter-obi-buga-putin-top-trends-in-first-half-of-2022/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

4 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by AcuraZDX: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J Seun
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by iamwilliamsfx(m): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Yes ofcourse he deserve it
I LOVE YOU PETER OBI
SORRY I AINT GAY

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by jlinkd78(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
Noted
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by SadiqBabaSani: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
Nothing special about it,

I am waiting for the campaigns to start to hear Peter Obi plan for Nigeria and how he intend to pursue them.

As much as I dont support Tinubu for Not supporting a more suitable Osibanjo,

I am also against Atiku for contesting when he was aware that it is the turn of the South.

We cant blindly support Obi only because of his much touted Spartan lifestyle

3 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by chukadiho1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
His man of the moment. The Merlin of Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Sergio101(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
who no wan hear about the "ROCK" ?

4 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
He should move on!
Nothing is blocking him.......

1 Like

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Sergio101(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:

I am waiting for the campaigns to start to hear Peter Obi plan for Nigeria and how he intend to pursue them

He has been giving reasonable info in a way forward.

Save your waiting for Tinubu

7 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Think9ja(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
No be that one de win election
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by NobleSeed(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
like play like play obama become us president
In a twinkling of an eye boom obi don enter aso Rock..
Vote peter obi ✅
Vote labour party ✅

9 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by agadez007(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
80% of the searching were by Bat things A.k.a Agbadorians
90% of the searchings would be like
How to link Obi with crimes
How to market tinubu without receiving beatings
Etc
grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Viscuz: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
ObiDent 4 Life

11 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
This obi carry grace abeg

8 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by SadiqBabaSani: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sergio101:

He has been giving reasonable info in a way forward.

Save your waiting for Tinubu
Hey man, why so much rage.

Dont tell me PObi cant be asked Questions
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by AcuraZDX: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Hey man, why so much rage.

Dont tell me PObi cant be asked Questions

What other thing do you want to hear about Obi, when he has already told you he wants to move Nigeria from consumption to production. Do you want him to tell you that he will water us and fire us?

3 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by padi94(m): 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
The seniorest man in Nigeria and the coolest kid out of Africa

1 Like

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by EgwunsoDOTcom: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
Meanwhile some drug lords are acting nollywood in the name of unveiling bishops grin

7 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Muhammad234: 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
And so?
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Kalashnikov49: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
and AFONJA ARE CELEBRATING A SECETARY FROM OHIO...

THESE AFONJA EHH...NO SENSE.

3 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by AcuraZDX: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Muhammad234:
And so?

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by FatherOfJesus: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:

I am waiting for the campaigns to start to hear Peter Obi plan for Nigeria and how he intend to pursue them.

As much as I dont support Tinubu for Not supporting a more suitable Osibanjo,

I am also against Atiku for contesting when he was aware that it is the turn of the South.

We cant blindly support Obi only because of his much touted Spartan lifestyle
you are blind and deaf if you haven't been listening to him talk about his plans.

Even the deaf has heard it

2 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by ursullalinda(f): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Obi the man of the moment!.....nobody saw this force coming.....I'm enjoying every bit of it and getting my PVC ready to be part of this victory......100 percent OBIDIENT and YUSFUL

7 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
Man of the moment.......i will wait and see who most of out yeye newspaper will give there man of the year award to this 2022!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by amanda2013(f): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
you are blind and deaf if you haven't been listening to him talk about his plans.

Even the deaf has heard it
This is not the way to convince people to vote for peter Obi. Mind you, I am fully obidient but there are some people that are still undecided. The best way is to tell them what Obi has to offer compared to other candidates or better still give him a link to one of Obi's interviews.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Mide1data: 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Are you 4 real, wow. But I have 1 question 4 both PO&BAT and I'll save it 4 later.
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by SmartPolician: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Peter Obi is the only Nigerian politician who speaks and people cry.

You will definitely want to know more about him after watching any of his speeches or interviews.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by techWriter3: 4:19am On Jul 22, 2022
politicians Dent 4 lifestyle
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by KingKO22: 4:38am On Jul 22, 2022
grin that's evidence that Pandora Obituary and his pathetic urchins are going to win their election on Twitter, Facebook nd Google in their zoo republic

Cityboy to win in Nigeria election
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by Penguin2: 4:52am On Jul 22, 2022
Man for the season.

Meanwhile, nobody is interested in Tinubu.

The only time we search Tinubu is to get more facts about his drug dealing past.
Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by ezegold4we: 5:13am On Jul 22, 2022
If you want to know more about Peter Obi, His plans and vision for nigeria, pls go to YouTube and type Peter Obi,u will see all the interviews he has granted to different platforms and channel's,

Obi is The only credible, competent, passionate, energetic,and visionary leader for 2023,

Make use of ur Brain and dump your emotions as far as 2023 presidential election is concerned, Tinubu and Atiku has nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Google Names Peter Obi As Highest Trend In First Half Of 2022 by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:26am On Jul 22, 2022
I have said it before. Let me say it again.

Our greatest success on the election day is to vote Obi whatever is the outcome of the result.

We will all celebrate our efforts contributed in changing a very corrupt gang.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only A Particular Tribe In The South Is Against Wike / Peter Obi Abandoned Campaign As Kano and Kaduna Rally Did Not Hold / IPOB Captures Two Eubeagu Vigilantes Kills Them On Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.