Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. (271 Views)

La Liga Boss Tebas Slams ‘ignorance’ Of European Premier League Organizers / 'racist Insults Are Ignorance And Can Only Make Me Stronger': Paul Pogba Says / Average Manhood Size Of The Countries In World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. by homosapien(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Many Nigerians do not understand National development. Do not have a way of identifying progress except it affects them directly or they are the immediate beneficiaries in the short term and governance in a highly populous developing country will not deliver personal cookies the way we want it. Even developed countries.

The main job of a federal government is to make laws, policies that give the citizenry the opportunities to add to National development by private enterprise.

What the citizenry in Nigeria want at National and sub-national level is a straw that helps them sip directly from the treasury. They are not interested in the indices that create opportunities. You can build all the infrastructure you want, make all the laws or reforms needed but a mind waiting on patronage will not see opportunity.

I have been listening to politicians, I have been reading Nigerians. As the whole world groans under the weight of economic difficulty, Nigerians cannot see that things are not as bad here. They cannot see that opportunities and spaces have opened up. What we have is ignorant anger where educated and strategic involvement or participation should be. The economy has not been rebased, it is growing in albeit difficult times but rather than plug in, the decision is to cry and thrash around in agony.

Electoral laws and processes are improving, rather than being strategically positioned, anger and emotional responses are the preference. We only see in retrospect and when we are direct beneficiaries. Rather than reality we love old wives fables, conspiracy theories and conclusions that fly directly in the face of logic. Flawed electoral choices, wrong life decisions digging oneself deeper into despair in a land of opportunity.

Okolo Oteri Eme

*Babatoks: I salute the writer*
Re: The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. by babasolution: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
You dey here they speak grammar,Fulani is drinking your wealth in nigerdelta
Re: The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. by homosapien(m): 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
babasolution:
You dey here they speak grammar, Fulani is drinking your wealth in nigerdelta

I will open another thread for Fulani. Thanks, for the observation.
Re: The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. by goaloofootball: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2022
You post this thread in a wrong forum
We talk sporst here not political and economic
Re: The Ignorance Of An Average Nigerian. by crood: 7:03am On Dec 01, 2022
cool

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sinks Chelsea With A 4-0 Score Line To Secure Florida Cup / Bankussdcode / Both Kamaru Usman And AJ Loses Title Defense Within Few Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.