Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi (2025 Views)

2023: Why Afenifere Won’t Support Tinubu, Atiku – Adebanjo / I’m Not Opposed To Peter Obi’s Presidential Ambition: Umahi / The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by FreeStuffsNG: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2022
icuminpiss:
So the Igbo masses will vote for either Atiku or Tinubu? Lol funny man
Sincerely, I do not think Asiwaju is dragging Igbo votes with HE Atiku.

Right from the APC primaries to now, he has focused his resources pragmatically on zones that have the population and swing states.

The Igbo population, from available clean data, is a minority population and SE does not have the population and high number of registered voters yet Igbo loves Atiku and will vote him .

Asiwaju is not naive so perish the thought that he would focus on PDP Pro max being used to selll Atiku by proxy. His eyes are on the ball and on PDP.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by AsomughaChuks05: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2022
My own state governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo is also not supporting him. Peter Obi is a very stingy and vindictive man, these people know him better than the deluded obedient goats being led to slaughter. They are the structure that makes votes rise like Ijebu garri but loner Obi is always trying to run faster than his shadow. We move.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Balkan(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2022
naija4life247:
Obviously nah. Igbos will never vote their son. Igbos will always vote for Hausa/Fulanis.

Obasanjo was presented by the Hausa/Fulanis in 1999. Ojukwu contested against Obasanjo in 2003, and Ojukwu lost in all the 9 states of the old Eastern Region. Even in Ojukwu's home state of Anambra, Obasanjo trashed Ojukwu mercilessly.

Ojukwu contested for Senate in his own senatorial district, the Hausa/Fulani backed Igbo candidate trashed Ojukwu.

So, Peter Obituary is just an earth worm thinking itself as the Python Snake.
that shows how detibalised Igbos are. They don't vote ethincity
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by sukar886: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Mugu... Forum kee you there, useless man
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Okwyjesus(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2022
Newsline09:
By
 Joshua Ogbu  

The Peter Obi Presidential ambition continues to suffer setbacks as critical Igbo leaders protest over his illusive and deceitful campaign for the Igbo Presidency. 

Amongst the many prominent Igbo leaders to reject the Peter Obi voyage and ego trip being mistaken for presidential ambition is the Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of the South East Governors Forum, His Excellency, Engr. Dave Nweze Umahi.  

The Governor, who spoke during a function in the State Capital of Abakaliki, warned of the consequences of Ndi Igbo falling for the cheap deceit of some characters in Igboland who have continued to mislead our people for their own selfish interests.

Governor Umahi stated categorically that Mr. Peter Obi is not going anywhere with his Labour Party and that the votes of Ebonyi indigenes whom he represents won’t be for him either. 

The Governor described Peter as one who loathes the Igbos so much that he now wants to ride on deceit, propaganda, blackmail, and sentiment of the Igbo Presidency to deceive our people and build the Labour Party in Anambra State. 

It can be recalled that Peter Obi has never in his life supported any Igbo son, but for his selfish interests alone.  
Peter has never staked or sacrificed anything for the Igbos; instead, he has been at the receiving end. He has betrayed more Igbos than anyone in history.  

We recall how Obi betrayed Dim Ojukwu when the Igbo leader ran for President in 2003 despite benefiting from Ojukwu's legacy, APGA. Jim Nwobodo equally ran for President under the UNPP in the same election in 2003. Yet Obi denied them support despite being Igbo candidates. 

Again, in 2007, Obi was already a governor, when Ojukwu and Orji Uzor Kalu were running for president, Obi instead declared support for Musa Yar’Adua. 

Peter Obi supported Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003 and Yar’Adua in 2007 against Igbo presidential candidates. In 2015, it was Peter Obi and Victor Umeh who mortgaged the Igbos by publicly declaring support for PDP and Goodluck Jonathan against the interests of the South East and Ndi Igbo in general for their selfish interests.

Today, the same Peter Obi is telling people about the Igbo Presidency in the Labour Party when he said in 2003 and 2007 that APGA and PPA, where Ojukwu and Kalu ran for President respectively, do not have the constitutionally required spread to win the Presidency. Obi has never backed an Igbo presidential candidate, but he wants us to support his illusive Igbo Presidency in 2023 because he is involved.

Peter is a joke and he is not going anywhere. Even he is aware that he is not in the contest for the President in 2023 as far as Nigeria's politics is concerned.  

Which Igbo son has Peter Obi supported for Igbo Presidency for him to demand the support of the Igbos? 
I declared my intention to run for president before anyone else; Peter Obi was one of the Igbos who plotted my exit from the PDP because he wanted to be Atiku Abubakar's running mate in 2023 against an Igbo candidate in the party. Umahi said!

Before Peter Obi decided to join the contest, I, Dave Umahi, had declared my intention to run for president before I left the PDP. Why didn't he back me up? Many other Igbo sons, including Ayim Pius Ayim, expressed interest before Obi. Why didn’t he support any of us? He jumped out of the PDP party when he noticed that Atiku Abubakar would not pick him as his running mate for 2023. He now wants ndi Igbo to join him in his dance of shame against the PDP party; Obi wants to drag the entire Igbo people into his political vendetta.

I feel pain that our people don't know the character of Peter Obi. This was the same man who swore he would never leave APGA, that if he ever abandons the party, let his family perish and he would never seek any elective office again, but immediately he used the party to achieve his quest of being a Governor, Obi dumbed APGA for PDP without a second thought. 

He claimed to be the PDP's Anambra State leader but failed to unite the party and lead from the front; when he saw that the party could no longer serve his greed, Obi jumped out and is now in the Labour Party with his campaign of deceit, propaganda, and blackmail.
If Obi can't manage the few stakeholders in APGA and PDP in Anambra, how can he manage and be President of a country as large and diverse as Nigeria?

I have said it before, and now I’m reiterating, as the Chairman of South-East Governors, no state will support Peter Obi on his ego trip and vendetta mission. 
He is a dubious character, treacherous, deceitful, and a greedy fellow who always thinks about himself and not the interests of Ndi Igbo."If we want the Igbo Presidency, we know who will get our support, not Peter Obi and his Labour Party."We will not let Peter use us to deceive vulnerable Nigerians and plot his return to the Anambra State Government.

He is aware that our people are not politically correct. Therefore, he is using their vulnerability against them to sway support in order to build the Labour Party in Anambra State and use it to relaunch himself back to the government house. 

He is desperate to return to Anambra State as a Godfather and wishes to mortgage entire Igbos for his own selfishness, thereby deceiving our people into believing he is running for President when he knows he is not. Peter Obi is against Ndi Igbo, and we won't allow him to go far with his blackmail, deceit, propaganda, and hate campaign. 

If Peter Obi knew he was going to run for President of Nigeria eight years after leaving office, why didn't he stay in the party and help build it? He knew it was not going to be possible, so he left to join PDP. Today he is in Labour, misleading our people. Ndi Igbo must start realigning politically and form an alliance with either of the two major political parties (PDP or APC). They are the only parties contesting the Presidency in 2023, and they should allow Peter to labour in vain. Umahi concluded.

Abeg OBI/DATTI project is beyond lgbos.

Umahi is still pained he lost out....
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by toneroforever(m): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2022
"I have said it before, and now I’m reiterating, as the Chairman of South-East Governors, no state will support Peter Obi on his ego trip and vendetta mission"....

Umahi is obviously bitter cos of the love d masses r showing PO.
Abeg take a chill pill

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by toneroforever(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Umahi is indirectly selling Obi's candidacy as a detribalised Nigerian when he said PO supported non-Igbos in previous presidential elections.
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by maybet081: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Is better they don't because if they do we won't vote for him.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Karemarealty288(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2022
Newsline09:
By
 Joshua Ogbu  

The Peter Obi Presidential ambition continues to suffer setbacks as critical Igbo leaders protest over his illusive and deceitful campaign for the Igbo Presidency. 

Amongst the many prominent Igbo leaders to reject the Peter Obi voyage and ego trip being mistaken for presidential ambition is the Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of the South East Governors Forum, His Excellency, Engr. Dave Nweze Umahi.  

The Governor, who spoke during a function in the State Capital of Abakaliki, warned of the consequences of Ndi Igbo falling for the cheap deceit of some characters in Igboland who have continued to mislead our people for their own selfish interests.

Governor Umahi stated categorically that Mr. Peter Obi is not going anywhere with his Labour Party and that the votes of Ebonyi indigenes whom he represents won’t be for him either. 

The Governor described Peter as one who loathes the Igbos so much that he now wants to ride on deceit, propaganda, blackmail, and sentiment of the Igbo Presidency to deceive our people and build the Labour Party in Anambra State. 

It can be recalled that Peter Obi has never in his life supported any Igbo son, but for his selfish interests alone.  
Peter has never staked or sacrificed anything for the Igbos; instead, he has been at the receiving end. He has betrayed more Igbos than anyone in history.  

We recall how Obi betrayed Dim Ojukwu when the Igbo leader ran for President in 2003 despite benefiting from Ojukwu's legacy, APGA. Jim Nwobodo equally ran for President under the UNPP in the same election in 2003. Yet Obi denied them support despite being Igbo candidates. 

Again, in 2007, Obi was already a governor, when Ojukwu and Orji Uzor Kalu were running for president, Obi instead declared support for Musa Yar’Adua. 

Peter Obi supported Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003 and Yar’Adua in 2007 against Igbo presidential candidates. In 2015, it was Peter Obi and Victor Umeh who mortgaged the Igbos by publicly declaring support for PDP and Goodluck Jonathan against the interests of the South East and Ndi Igbo in general for their selfish interests.

Today, the same Peter Obi is telling people about the Igbo Presidency in the Labour Party when he said in 2003 and 2007 that APGA and PPA, where Ojukwu and Kalu ran for President respectively, do not have the constitutionally required spread to win the Presidency. Obi has never backed an Igbo presidential candidate, but he wants us to support his illusive Igbo Presidency in 2023 because he is involved.

Peter is a joke and he is not going anywhere. Even he is aware that he is not in the contest for the President in 2023 as far as Nigeria's politics is concerned.  

Which Igbo son has Peter Obi supported for Igbo Presidency for him to demand the support of the Igbos? 
I declared my intention to run for president before anyone else; Peter Obi was one of the Igbos who plotted my exit from the PDP because he wanted to be Atiku Abubakar's running mate in 2023 against an Igbo candidate in the party. Umahi said!

Before Peter Obi decided to join the contest, I, Dave Umahi, had declared my intention to run for president before I left the PDP. Why didn't he back me up? Many other Igbo sons, including Ayim Pius Ayim, expressed interest before Obi. Why didn’t he support any of us? He jumped out of the PDP party when he noticed that Atiku Abubakar would not pick him as his running mate for 2023. He now wants ndi Igbo to join him in his dance of shame against the PDP party; Obi wants to drag the entire Igbo people into his political vendetta.

I feel pain that our people don't know the character of Peter Obi. This was the same man who swore he would never leave APGA, that if he ever abandons the party, let his family perish and he would never seek any elective office again, but immediately he used the party to achieve his quest of being a Governor, Obi dumbed APGA for PDP without a second thought. 

He claimed to be the PDP's Anambra State leader but failed to unite the party and lead from the front; when he saw that the party could no longer serve his greed, Obi jumped out and is now in the Labour Party with his campaign of deceit, propaganda, and blackmail.
If Obi can't manage the few stakeholders in APGA and PDP in Anambra, how can he manage and be President of a country as large and diverse as Nigeria?

I have said it before, and now I’m reiterating, as the Chairman of South-East Governors, no state will support Peter Obi on his ego trip and vendetta mission. 
He is a dubious character, treacherous, deceitful, and a greedy fellow who always thinks about himself and not the interests of Ndi Igbo."If we want the Igbo Presidency, we know who will get our support, not Peter Obi and his Labour Party."We will not let Peter use us to deceive vulnerable Nigerians and plot his return to the Anambra State Government.

He is aware that our people are not politically correct. Therefore, he is using their vulnerability against them to sway support in order to build the Labour Party in Anambra State and use it to relaunch himself back to the government house. 

He is desperate to return to Anambra State as a Godfather and wishes to mortgage entire Igbos for his own selfishness, thereby deceiving our people into believing he is running for President when he knows he is not. Peter Obi is against Ndi Igbo, and we won't allow him to go far with his blackmail, deceit, propaganda, and hate campaign. 

If Peter Obi knew he was going to run for President of Nigeria eight years after leaving office, why didn't he stay in the party and help build it? He knew it was not going to be possible, so he left to join PDP. Today he is in Labour, misleading our people. Ndi Igbo must start realigning politically and form an alliance with either of the two major political parties (PDP or APC). They are the only parties contesting the Presidency in 2023, and they should allow Peter to labour in vain. Umahi concluded.

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Durabest: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2022
Just look at the fake product ipob want to sell to Nigerians.Ipob who have not voted in any of the zoo election will come now and say the governors votes don,t matter after all is five votes,i have been following Nigeria elections for years,with the influence of the governors you are sure of 40% votes,they are the only ones with immunity that means on election day they can have access to lNEC office but if you doubt it let watch and see.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Minime10(f): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2022
BATified2023:
it shows u are a political novice

This literally means his home base is shaky

Ask yourself
Who appoints political n administrative office holders?
Imagine they telling their appointees to win their ward or lose their seat?

Many of u don’t understand how politics works

What seat U reason like a cool
Tell your umahi to speak for himself & stop dragging the Southeast into his foolhardiness.
Umahi is not feeding the Southeast people okay
The people do have a mind of their own & cannot be teleguided like you bunch are being teleguided up north & in the west
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Jostoman: 9:32am On Jul 22, 2022
derecho:
Critical Igbo leaders?
And Umahi dey among?
ok no problem
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by EvangDrGeo: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2022
Umahi needs to go see Pastor. I'm sure Pastor is not in support of his political disposition lately.

I used to respect him as a Decean he is in church but if he can't stand by the faith "at a time as this" he is completely insane.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by DeepThroater: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Nobody hates the Igbo more than an Igbo

These self flagellating people have a sadomasochistic fetish in inflicting self harm

Nothing gives an Igbo more joy than seeing to the downfall of a fellow Igbo.

It is however expected among slaves.

The American negro whom majority are descended from the Igbo stock hold this characteristic trait. No matter how successful an American negro is, his greatest enemy is his own fellow Negro.

I don't know from which stock or pile of DNA these Habiru people of ancient Egypt we now know as Igbos descended from but from all indications they carry the same serpentine DNA like their Khazar betters in the form of that of Cain.

Evil people.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Totilopussylick(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2022
To hell with David Umahi
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by quinox947: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2022
God1000:
Their support is useless, five governors with five votes.

This is masses revolution
Umahi is APC. What do you expect of him?
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by 00FFT00(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2022
So, Tinubu thinks he is still in ACN?.

Nigeria sorry!
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by CSTRR: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2022
BATified2023:

Ask yourself

Shut up.
What does a bat know about south east politics?

You think the east is the south west?

Or you think the vast majority of the southern poor people will vote a candidate because one rich man somewhere asked them to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
These are some of the reasons why there is no point labouring the whole LP charade and campaign of hate and bigotry.

They are outsiders everywhere even in the zone of their flagbearer.
They are just one of the mushroom parties.

For someone that keeps shouting fake news even on authentic news, it's surprising to see you believe this trash without even a source.

What does that say of your intelligence and mentality?

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by CSTRR: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2022
Durabest:
Just look at the fake product ipob want to sell to Nigerians.Ipob who have not voted in any of the zoo election will come now and say the governors votes don,t matter after all is five votes,i have been following Nigeria elections for years,with the influence of the governors you are sure of 40% votes,they are the only ones with immunity that means on election day they can have access to lNEC office but if you doubt it let watch and see.
Is that why oyetola lost osun state?

You are a clown.
You are supporting corrupt politicians becasue you hate peter obi? Corrupt politicians fighting for the betterment of their own children.

You don't even know the color of your problem.

No be only 40%.

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Cantonese: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2022
Umahi, sorry you hear?

If Obi betrayed APGA and PDP, what did Umahi do? He started his political career with PDP. He rose to become a two time governor under PDP. His greed for more power caused him to decamp from PDP to APC. He seized PDP secretariat in Ebonyi state and tried to put PDP completely in disarray in Ebonyi state. As of now he continues to try to ruin the same party that made him who he is today. He should be ashamed of himself.

He said that he decamped to APC because he wanted to bring the Igbos into mainstream politics. He denied seeking for the presidency. What did we see at last, Umahi sought the presidency under APC. What a greedy man.

Politics is about greed, betrayals, power and ambition. It is within the inalienable rights of Peter Obi to be ambitious and aspire for the presidency under any political power of his choice.

Umahi is better a northerner than an Igbo man. Recently, following his very disgraceful and woeful outing in the APC Presidential primary, he declared that his state would never joined Biafra. He was bitter at the same Igbo leaders did not support his ambition.

Obi left in good time, seeing that the PDP presidential slot had been reserved for the north. The Southeast rightly felt it was their time and politicians from the zone chose to contest. Obi found the Labour Party platform and he secured it. I am of the opinion that Peter Obi’s rising political profile intimidates Umahi and his likes. Umahi by his words after his painful loss appears desperate to separate Ebonyi state from the South east and yet Ebonyi state gives the least votes of the South east.

In the end Ebonyi state is up for grabs between PDP and Labour Party.

Shame on Umahi.

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by googlepikins: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2022
Newsline09:
By
 Joshua Ogbu  

Any idiot could write this rubbish

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2022
Giving Tinubu hope east haha If APC gets up to 1k vote in east they have won grin i just wish this election is tmw oh!
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by michlins(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2022
Five gorvernors with their five votes
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by DavidHarry(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
I even thought their reason would be because of Biafra agitation. Mtcheew. Southeast governors are pure trash, serous douche bags. Except for perhaps Soludo. Worst is every single leade in Imo. Trash state
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Durabest: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
CSTRR:

Is that why oyetola lost osun state?

You are a clown.
You are supporting corrupt politicians becasue you hate peter obi? Corrupt politicians fighting for the betterment of their own children.

You don't even know the color of your problem.

No be only 40%.
terrorist get behind me.You will know the colour of your problem after 2023 elections.
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Soulsymbol99: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
derecho:
Critical Igbo leaders?
And Umahi dey among?

Tot I was the only one dat noticed that. The man is still in pains as his presidential ambition hit the walls. Heard his senate ticket is on the line as is the person he wants to install as his successor. These are not good times for him so I understand his pain.

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by Wisfem: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
God1000:
Their support is useless, five governors with five votes.

This is masses revolution

Waste of time they can not influence more than Hundred votes, people will collect their money in there pulling units and still vote obi, so their validations are nonsensical and risible just like their leadership over the years

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
BATified2023:

Ask yourself

And you are supporting tinubu that was thought a bitter lesson even with all the structure in Osun.Election these days is about the people choice and not any stupid politician
Re: South East Governors Forum Won’t Support Peter Obi Presidential Ambition- Umahi by BATified2023: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And you are supporting tinubu that was thought a bitter lesson even with all the structure in Osun.Election these days is about the people choice and not any stupid politician
it’s only a political neophyte that will compare what happened at osun to what will happen at federal

Osun is Yoruba vs Yoruba so they will pick one Yoruba

Presidency is their son n the rest so u should know over 50% of pdp voters in osun will vote tinubu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Me Just One Reason I Should Vote For Peter Obi / Peter Obi Defeat Tinubu And Atiku In Ogun State Election Poll / Technically The CBN Has Caved To The Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.