Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku (17334 Views)

Keyamo Disagreed With Lagos Assembly On How Tinubu Was Cleared ( / Moment Senator Wamako Disagreed With Wike For Saying He Lost Because Of Religion / Imo: Justice Nweze Disagreed With The Lead Verdict & Gave A Dissenting Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by joy4news(m): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2022
Presidential candidate under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Abubakar Atiku has described the Muslim-Muslim ticket by the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), as “unwelcoming and unripe for Nigeria as a democratic state”.

Atiku made the disclosure on Friday during an interview with Arise TV monitored by Quest Times.

When asked to comment on the Muslim-Muslim ticket, the former VP said; “My fundamental disagreement with Tinubu in 2007 was as a result of Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“I have always opposed Muslim-Muslim ticket. I don’t believe this is ripe for countries like Nigeria. There should be balance”.

He also vowed to defeat the APC flag-bearer Bola Tinubu come 2023 while kicking against the idea of the emergence of Karim Shettima reducing his chances in the North East.

Quest Times understands there have been widely rejection of the Muslim-Muslim ticket by the APC for lacking “fairness, equity, and justice”. Among the proponents of this school of thought is the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), some APC Muslim youths, VP Yemi Osinbajo etc.

https://www.thequesttimes.com/i-left-tinubu-in-2007-over-muslim-muslim-ticket-says-atiku/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Viscuz: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2022
Tinubu has nothing to offer but division

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by MMWandali: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2022
So
The old man has been nursing this idea of
Same-Religion ticket for long

..... Since 2007

I see
It's not about competence

Lightening has struck and we have seen the plan

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by MadeInTokyo: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Now the jihadist janja-weed confused Alhaji Tinubu has turned himself to the Bishop of Agbado and Cassava Diocese to justify his evil Muslim Muslim ticket in order to get Christian votes

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by MadeInTokyo: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2022
MMWandali:
So
The old man has been nursing this idea of
Same-Religion ticket for long

..... Since 2007

I see
It's not about competence

Lightening has struck and wth have seen the plan

That was same reason Amaechi, Saraki and several other Governors rejected his desperation to be the Vice President to Buhari when APC elected Buhari as the Presidential candidate

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Obojuju: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Tinubu wants to put Nigerian nation on the path of religious strife and war. We want peace in this country. Say no to Tinubu politics of religion!

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by ajani2311: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2022
till tomorrow na tinubu we will vote foy
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin grin
Now the jihadist janja-weed confused Alhaji Tinubu has turned himself to the Bishop of Agbado and Cassava Diocese to justify his evil Muslim Muslim ticket in order to get Christian votes

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by philips007(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Eniitankorede: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
And did you win after that? You can’t placate the devil and hope to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by PHIPEX(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
Tinubu has shown to be a religious extremist, most extremists hid it by saying "my wife, friend, neighbour, cook etc are Christians"

Atiku rejected him in 2007, Buhari rejected him in 2015, Nigerians will also reject him in 2023

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
On BATSHIT we stand. BATSHIT2023

19 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by BeardedTraveler: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
Ok

Check my profile for phone deals

1 Like

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by toluxa1(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
Tinubu's obsession with Muslim Muslim ticket is scary. It's nearly like he has been pursuing it as a dream. 2007 under ACN he pushed for it with Atiku. 2015 under APC he pushed for it with Buhari. Now he has gotten the chance and he didn't hesitate. I find it quite eerie.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Jack500: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
I and my family will still vote for Tinubu, nothing you say that can deter us.

And no to another Hausa-Fulani after Buhari.

On your mandate Asiwaju

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Stevenson20: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
That's why sensible Nigerians disagree with you and Tinubu.

Peter Obi is our choice come 2023.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by mach7(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2022
Dear VP Atiku, some of us are old enough to still remember how OBJ rubbished you.

The man you ran to for succour is now the person you are attempting to rubbish.

You went for balance and ran with Ben Obi, where did that take you?

When you finally left AC to go back to PDP, many of us heaved a sign of relief as it was clear that you were never a progressive.

In 2011, ACN choose Nuhu Ribadu a Muslim and Fola Adeola (former MD of GTBank) another Muslim, but there was NO UPROAR. Why? Because they weren't seen as threats. It was clear that they didn't have the required structure to win.

Now that Asiwaju has seen a partner that he can work with, someone with a true progressive mindset in the person of Kashim Shettima, I personally and many others like me will look beyond religion and vote for them on the basis of their antecedents and planned programmes for rescuing our shared future.

As for you, enjoy your balancing with Dr. Okowa. Let's earnestly watch and see how far you will go this time.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Johnrake69: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Lol... Vote Peter Obi for a new Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by bigdammyj: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Noted.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by barbstee(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Your case is similar to that of Buhari in 2015 (if this is true Sha) and it's understandable having a Northern Muslim and a Southern Christian is politically balanced, however having a southern Muslim and a Northern Christian is a political suicide so also is having a Northern Christian and a Southern Muslim

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Badowski: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
you guys are not thinking @ ALL

WHY IS SOUTH FIGTHING SOUTH,

NEVER UNITED THATS WHY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SLAVES TO THE NORTH.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE HATRED YOU HAVE FOR EACH OTHER,

THE NORTH IS UNITED BEHINDE THEIR SON, WHILE THE SOUTH IS BIKERINGAT EACH OTHER.

SOON EITHER OBI KILLS TINUBU OR VICE VERSA AND PAVE WAY FOR ATIKU.

WHO RELIGION HELP SINCE 1999, god of men

SOUTHERNERS THINK!!!!!!!

EKULEKU!!!!

5 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Samuelnze(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
This means Thiefunu's madness for a muslim-muslim ticket has existed before now.
His heart must be filled with evil motives..
Nigerians if this hateful and deciteful mugu becomes our president by 2023, we are finished..
Vote Peter Obi for a better nigeria come 2023.

5 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Ara21(f): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
We all disagree.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by sencekompis: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
ADEYINKA GRANDSON is very correct about the ibos. HORRIBLE HYENAS TRIBE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by AishaDant(f): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
I disagree too.

The president and vice president should represent Nigerians.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by floss(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Machinegun91(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2022
That means this bastard has this Muslim to Muslim ticket in his mind long time ago

4 Likes

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Yet he recommended osibanjo for buhari...

Werey dey talk equity, must every presidential aspirant from the south be Christian... equity dey there... abi e dey where every presidential aspirant in the north na muslim
Make bat dey find proven trusted political xtian vice where religion na 95%:5%, why u no kuku throw pin inside ocean make hin dey find am..
As u wan stress BAT, God fit stress u o...
The koko be northern and Southern nigerian unification, his choice don tick that box...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by olaboy33(m): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2022
The election is clearly between Tinubu and Atiku.

Atiku has been having it easy since Tinubu won the primaries because of the influence he (Tinubu) is perceived to have which has directed a lot of fingers in his direction.

We are all forgetting how much of a thief Atiku is.
Re: I Disagreed With Tinubu In 2007 Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Atiku by diadem10: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Any Northerner who disagreed with Muslim Muslim ticket while championing another Northerner despite an outgoing Northerner president is a hypocrisy personified.

Especially an Atiku who stole Nigerian's Commonwealth through the privatization he oversaw.

That being said, competency should be championed and always take the cake above religion. You wouldn't care about the religion of a doctor who wants to operate on you but his competence. We all know Tinubu is competent and a liberal leader who accommodate all. If he didn't islamise his wife and Lagos, he won't islamise anyone. As a matter of fact, Nigeria is a secular country.

Meanwhile, Tinubu's legacies below:

LASTMA,
LASU teaching hospital and clinical school
Housing estates
Standard millennium schools
Lekki trade zone
Lekki seaport
BRT
First telecom in Nigeria
Eko Atlantic
Enormous increase in Lagos revenue
Ensuring Lagos thrived despite Obasanjo seizing Lagos allocation etc..

First class graduate of accounting

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Support Groups In Borno State Hold Meeting Ahead Of His Campaign (Pic) / Obasanjo Commissions Memorial Library In Oyo State (photos) / LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.