Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon (12596 Views)

Adamu: APC Will Reconcile Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Other Aspirants After Primaries / Ganduje: I’m Ready To Reconcile With Kwankwaso / Gani Adams: My Guardian Angel Won’t Forgive Me If I Reconcile With Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Fira09(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2022
Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Abubakar Atiku has hinted that he is already reaching out to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, saying the party stakeholders will soon reconcile with the aggrieved Rivers state governor.

Atiku stated this on Friday in an interview with Arise TV.

The PDP presidential candidate said, “We are reaching out to Governor Wike and we are talking with him and I believe very soon we will find a reconciliation. In fact, very soon, because we are talking to him.

“We are talking to his governor colleagues.I am very optimistic we are going to resolve our internal crisis and move on,” he added.

Atiku, who described Wike as an influential politician who has a good future in Nigerian politics, noted that he did not reject the governor.

He said, “The committee that was set up at my own instance deliberated. There was no vote, and they recommended three names, because they knew it was my prerogative to pick anyone of the three. So, there was actually no vote. It’s not true.

“He Governor Ortom himself chaired that committee. He knew there was no vote taken, and I have the report of that committee. The committee recommended three people and I picked one. I did not go out of that recommendation. So, I think people should be fair to me and should also state the fact,” he added.

Recall that there had been agitation over Atiku’s selection of Governor Ifeanyi Okowo of Delta State as running mate over Wike.

After the unveiling of Okowa by Atiku, Wike had been speculated to be considering moving to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Vanguard had reported that the PDP selection committee had recommended the Rivers State governor after 13 of 17 members, who attended a PDP stakeholders meeting voted in favour of Wike.

Wike, who participated in the PDP presidential primary scored 237 against the 371 votes secured by Atiku, who won the party ticket.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/well-reconcile-with-gov-wike-very-soon-atiku/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by kunleiky(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2022
If you think it will boost your chance in the coming election, you should. It's a level playing ground.

FTC for the first time here.
Dedicating this to all lovers of good governance and those who hope for a genuine change in our polity.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by JuanJO(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2022
We need leaders not one that want power tussle but in love with lifting 100 hundred million citizens from poverty.
We need Leaders not in love with sharing stolen funds but in love with humanity. Please let's join hands together to support Mr Peter Obi

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by abumeinben(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2022
Nawa.

Atiku should write in not less than 1000 words why he did what he did.

Lots of political miscalculation in two big camps. Heads and foundations are already shaky.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Lionstep: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Wike will be like after all the money I spent, I didn't get the tickets now you want reconcile, first bring back my money then we can start they

1 Like

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Good for democracy
Pdp power to the people
Abeg I no wan chop cassava and agbado o, from that iragbiji crook and his peasant urchins lol

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by bigdammyj: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Noted.
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by DrAkpamudehe: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Some brainless urchins on nairaland will still jump in here to find fault in what he has said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by CommonSense1967: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Reconcile all you want.
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Take that to the bank. Wailers gon wail anyway. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by SultanOfPuna: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Awise09(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Let's see how that plays out, Wike that's is Obidient already.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Chynx(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Who cares? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by BESTScientist1: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2022
And we will welcome Nigeria's president GCFR OBI. Like a fool hypothesized that OBIDIENTS are IPOB,......Omo lu abi gidi lawa. We will show that ninc....that Yorubas know good people when they see one(Peter Obi)

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by MuslimIgbo: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Atikú is just waiting his time.

The big game is between TINUBU and OBi and Tinubu will emerge winner definitely.

Come 2023,

We Igbo Muslims will vote for our brother

Tinubu JAGABAN

PETER OBI WILL NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY!

Save this post!

Some Osu Alusi Ipob jew pigs are full of arrogance and hate for themselves and others.

You will hardly see any true Igbo man supporting Tinubu EXCEPT WE MUSLIMS but I know a lot of yorubas and Hausa/fulanis supporting Obi and this doesn't make sense.

WE have the worst performing and corrupt governors and leaders. Most of MY BROTHERS ranting online are typing from Lagos, Ogun or Ibadan instead of Anambra, Enugu or Imo State, yet WE call ourselves developer grin
Instead of US to start by holding our senseless, evil and corrupt leaders responsible first, WE fume and exhibit epilepsy trait online at the mention of Tinubu or anything matter concerning yorubas.

We never READY cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Who have more chances of becoming next Nigeria President among these two Southerners?

Like for Peter Obi, share for Bola Tinubu.

Let check something.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Zico5(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Reconcile as many time as u want but the truth is that Fulani or any northerner won't rule this country again. You can wait till another 8 years. PDP goofed by picking Atiku as presidential candidate. Osun people voted for individual not party. Osun people only changed the system and everyone is happy.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by nnewsnjobs: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Wike is going no where.

He is one of the pillar in PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by OptimistBrain: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Sure... It will be easier for a Camel to pass through the eyes of a niddle than Wike leaving PDP
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by ViceGovernor: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Take all the time you need sir.
Before you wake up you don lose election already mumu man undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Badgers14: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2022
You just want River States' money....

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by adioolayi(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by OVOPeterBen(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2022
We are not bothered PDP, cos we are not going for your candidate. We are all for PO2023
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by BESTScientist1: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2022
And we OBIDIENTS are the ones violating wan tin abi?
DrAkpamudehe:

Some brainless urchins on nairaland will still jump in here to find fault in what he has said.

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Akmike1983: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2022
So that u can play him again abi? Well its left to him all politicians re d same
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by onuman: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2022
Usurper Abubakar Atiku, what gives you the courage to strive for a Fulani Muslim, Atiku Abubakar to succeed another Fulani Muslim, Muhammadu Buhari, as president of Nigeria? Federal Character principle enshrined in the Constitution of Nigeria necessitates the rotation of apex political leadership of Nigeria from one region to the other.

You are on a mission to cause implosion in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Toneypen247(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2022
'90% of Northerners are not on social media is not something an elder statesman, a former vice president from the North, should ever say on TV.

That statistic could be true but it should never be a bragging right in 2022. It shows how underdeveloped the North is Sad.

I wish him all the best, but come 2023, I am obedient.
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by emmabest2000(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2022
Wike go show una shege grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by chosengocap: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2022
It's time for this country to heal ....the right team at this moment is Obi's team . ]
Re: Atiku: We Will Reconcile With Governor Wike Very Soon by Passionate888: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2022
embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Labour Party Missing As INEC Publishes Lagos NASS Candidates / President Buhari Commissions Police Equipment As IG Meets Police Commanders / NERC Deregulates Meters Prices May 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.