Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions (47846 Views)

El-Rufai Sparks Reactions With New Photo Days After Withdrawing Ministerial / Video Of Peter Obi’s Son, Gregory Oseloka As An Actor In US Sparks Reactions / Peter Obi Visits Bishop Oyedepo. Sparks Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku is out of date, here in PH I can tell you that the mallo truck pusher, scavenger and keke riders use smart phones, and they re ably represented on all social media fora.

Another reason why we should vote for people who are in touch with current trends.

Gone are the days when Nigerian bought smartphones just to carry them about.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Bizibi(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
On the election day you people will see the northerners that will vote.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by victorsola: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
symbianDON:
it's you who sounds like someone who isn't literate. Give me just one example of ANY geographical location GLOBALLY where there's absence of social media presence amongst the people and yet there's VERY HIGH level of exposure amongst the people. Just so you know, this is 2022 not 1982....and yes! The role of social media in influencing the people CAN'T be emphasised enough. By the way, your response is completely off the context of my post that you quoted. Thank you.
did you read what you wrote or should I ask did u read what I wrote? Social media is everywhere likewise internet. Internet is a need but social media is a want . I can decide not to be on social media and still get the informations i Need. Am only on nairaland. For instance twitter has nothing that interest me and the likes of it . Social media defines nothing . But if they say dey don’t have internet, that I will say it’s wrong .
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Bbdiyya: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
Binancian:
They enjoy keeping them offline

Reason they hated gej for building schools , cause its a slave system up north
The earthquake of 2015 has forever left a permanent aftershocks in the heart of people like this one.... haba 2023 is knocking on our door already.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by victorsola: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Elliotg:
So, in your mind Nairaland is not a social medium?
am here because this is what I like . Some people will tell u. They don’t like it . It’s a choice . But internet is a must .
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by victorsola: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

That is it.

My father and mother do not have it.

To me, it's for kids. My father cannot belittle himself to create accounts on facebook.
my point gangan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by AtikuOkowa: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
victorsola:
my point gangan

Sure
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by bomijuwon(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
[quote author=SATANICALLY post=114972615]Alhaji Atiku should stop insulting the North because of his selfish ambition!

This Atiku truth hurt hehehehe , but some people have taken advantage of it while others are growing in darkness.
The elites still run this country QED.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by juman(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
Why on earth atiku and tinubu are the major party candidates?
They are too old.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by jydo34547: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
HahahaHahaha...
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Jemex003: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
Atiku is dumb for insulting the North on national TV, no wonder they don't even rate him that much.

What impacts does social media have in our life if we’re not online marketers? Atiku is right.

I have Hausa friend and this guy is rich and he graduated first and second degree in west till this moment he’s not on any social media.

Social media might’ve helped a lot in this country but he has a damaged a lot as well.

We shouldn’t be carried away by social media.

Does social media have a place to stay if your landlord chase you out of the house?

Social media have nothing to offer northern cuz they’re farmers and they don’t need to sell it online.

Social media introduced different kind of scammers in this country.

Only on social media you see invest in Forex, invest in Charcoal, Ritualistic oppression, Bully, prostitution’s, fake travel agent, etc.

To be social media is affecting us more than helping us.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by DavidHarry(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
BenzEne1:

So does being on social media signify literacy? It's a matter of choice man. Lot's of the folks on Social media are educated illiterates

At least dem sabi use smart phone
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by ganye1: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
I am a northerner and I don't see anything offensive about the statement.
I will vote for Atiku.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by LAFOCUZY: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
I think he was talking about those who actually come out to vote on the day of election and he’s right about that , You’ll see them on the Election Day, those making noises on the social media will continue to do so on twitter and other social media apps on the Election Day and they may not come out to vote but spreading fake news online to mislead people. Most of them are in Lagos and even some are outside the country and you’ll find out they won’t be there to vote, election is not done on twitter !

Sure. They come out in mass and some influencial politician or religious leader will channel them to give a block vote to either someone from the north or a moslem or both without care for what the guy has to offer. Wonder they have stop to think, what have we benefitted voting for these people other than poverty, insecurity and illetracy.

It is much the same in many part of the country. Vote is made along religious and tribal lines. But the poverty and death walloping the country knows no tribe or religion. It is hitting the country hard and many are headed outside the country by any means possible. Wonder why ain't they staying back to rip the reward of their poor decisions

This the eastern part of the country and maybe Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja might be wiser. Those folks from the eastern is considered less politically aware but I think that is mainly because of the lack of interest in politics which they now bear the brunt but more importantly, these folks have a different attitude to politics...only voting where their interest is ...not dorminated by tribe or religion. They have 5 states governed by 3 political parties at nealy in equal proportion. 2 APC, 2 PDP and 1 APGA.

If Nigeria vote like these folks without recourse to tribe or religion the country might be headed to a good ground. If the people of the North can make a statement with their vote by voting differently, they will be better off.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by rickleye: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
But it’s the truth.
The elite are online. The people in the bush the nomads get time for socials ?
Na online people dey vote ?
All we who call ourselves obidient should get your PVC card and vote in these local elections.
Let’s show that there is real substance to the movement.
Some of you will line up to vote for president and will be disappointed.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by contigiency(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:
But what he said is not far from the truth, the only northerner I see condemning what he said is the poster

And when we advise you to seek medical attention over your blindness, you start throwing insults.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Olojuobinrin(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
LAFOCUZY:

Sure. They come out in mass and some influencial politician or religious leader will channel them to give a block vote to either someone from the north or a moslem or both without care for what the guy has to offer. Wonder they have stop to think, what have we benefitted voting for these people other than poverty, insecurity and illetracy.

It is much the same in many part of the country. Vote is made along religious and tribal lines. But the poverty and death walloping the country knows no tribe or religion. It is hitting the country hard and many are headed outside the country by any means possible. Wonder why ain't they staying back to rip the reward of their poor decisions

This the eastern part of the country and maybe Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja might be wiser. Those folks from the eastern is considered less politically aware but I think that is mainly because of the lack of interest in politics which they now bear the brunt but more importantly, these folks have a different attitude to politics...only voting where their interest is ...not dorminated by tribe or religion. They have 5 states governed by 3 political parties at nealy in equal proportion. 2 APC, 2 PDP and 1 APGA.

If Nigeria vote like these folks without recourse to tribe or religion the country might be headed to a good ground. If the people of the North can make a statement with their vote by voting differently, they will be better off.

You’ve said it all !
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by shariff84: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
ganye1:
I will vote for Atiku.
it's even true what Atiku said,in the village I farmed they are about 3000 but I swear may be only 20 are doing social media.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by subcbouy: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
If Nigeria is only northern part forget knowing anything about the country. Their leaders have used poverty to improvise the suffering of the people, no need for social media there.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by ShaqFu: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
What percentage of people use smart phones in the north? From there we can easily know if what Atiku said is true.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by abbey621(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
Una no dey like hear truth, we've been telling you keyboard warriors to tell your Obi that he needs to do groundwork in the North, una think say na play. Now you don hear from one of their own, majority of Northerners no dey social media, even the ones wey dey no carry am on top their heads like we do in the South.

Power of youths, power of social media,, una just dey hype Obi for national disgrace, let's even do simple calculation, magic number to win this election is 15 million.

How many registered voters in SE? Can he get 80% of the votes?
How many registered voters in SS? Can he get 70% of the votes?

Without 30% from the North and 30% from the SW, una dey deceive una sef, better wake up and smell the lamba grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by matrixme(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
AtikuOkowa:
Yeah because they have job to do.
thebosstrevor1:
Atiku is right, many Northerners are not on social media and it is not something of shame, after all they have something useful to do with their lives.

Being on social media is nothing. social media is for ranting, nagging and spreading FAKENEWS, only few people use it for business.

Anyway, The little online influencers from the North, people like sarki must react to everything just to gain relevance and attention

Which job has northerners been doing all these while that has kept them at the bottom of human development index in Nigeria today? Poverty is scattered all across the northern states and you claim they are doing jobs. Which something useful please??

1 Like

Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by SU50: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Beremx:
He and Kwakwanso are relying on the illiteracy of the north to win. Imagine denigrating your region because of elections. Funny enough most northerners will agree with them.
What a shame

And what's bad about that?

The people who brought SM to you are quiting it in droves while you use as metric of development?

Smh.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Hydroxide(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
APC and PDP keeps targeting those majority of northerners that are not enlightened and those northerners are the once dragging this country backward. How can a reasonable person be voting for PDP and APC? I always see does campaigning for Tinubu and Atiku as enemies of this country.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Heterodox(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
Apparently he meant they don't sleep on SM like other tribes.

Obviously, the reactionists are PO supporters.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by writeprof(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku is only playing the script that keeps the northern oligarchy in power... ensuring that Northern Nigeria is SEEN or PERCEIVED as the most BACKWARD (MARGINALISED) section of Nigeria AS a justification for them to always RUN this country.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
Northerners are not smart (no matter the age,educational level or status).
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Kingspin(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
Those are the people Kwankwaso talked about too.
Because they have brainwashed these people.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by garfield1: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
ganye1:
I will vote for Atiku.

Are you from Adamawa
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by Rubbiish(m): 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
Atiku is dumb for insulting the North on national TV, no wonder they don't even rate him that much.
It is not an insult!
If u stay in the north, u will understand
Majority of northerners that will come out to vote don't spend time on social media.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by seunayantokun(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
It's a lie to support their bogus population figure and voters strength. Those with phone lines use one form of social media or another. If they were disadvantaged 50 years ago, do they remain so forever. Don't tell religion is why bla blal bla. All those terrorists, fulani herdsmen, boko haram, etc, use social media.
Re: Atiku Says 90% Of Northerners Are Not On Social Media - Sparks Reactions by mrvictornews: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Hausa Threats Of Kicking Igbos Out Of The North / Why Aisha Buhari Returned To Nigeria After Months In Dubai / Jonathan Returns To Nigeria From UK After A Month Vacation - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.