Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police (22313 Views)

Gunmen Attack INEC Office, Police Station, Residential Building In Anambra / Imo: IPOB Members Responsible For Attack On INEC Office – Police / NIA Storms Peoples Gazette’s Office, Demands Source Of Memo About Rufai Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
omo
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wickedness is real...
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Pandev(m): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
lexy2014:

What wahala is that?
read the thread sir
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by laivwire(m): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Is the press under obligation to disclose their sources? No!

So the NPF resorts to intimidation.

I believe that case has Buratai neck deep in it but it was covered up and disguised promptly.

Now, they want to eliminate punish the whistleblowers.

Defamation of character my ass
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Tonitoniton(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Just another of apc buharis way of gagging the media.
He does not want any body to use his trusted weapon he used against Jonathan to be used on him

One of the attributes of a coward
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Indispensable85(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fira09:
Why we visited Peoples Gazette’s office – Police

https://punchng.com/why-we-visited-peoples-gazettes-office-police/

Lying gazzette
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Number2(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Watch the video

WATCH POLICE
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by mfm04622: 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
Dreal1247:
Why not take them to Court. Intimidation will only make you people appear foolish before the people especially the international communities. Let us be civilised for once.

Dem no go investigate before Dem carry them go court?
Haba!!!
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Ekugbeh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
You couldn't send an invitation letter to them
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Phcmayor(m): 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nigeria using police to protect criminals
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by ELEYIofNigeria: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Na una sabi
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by awoniyi1236(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Elderlyyoungmaa:
We need investors partner in our 30acre tractorable farmland for beans/maize and cassava intercroping farming. There is provision for physical and human security on the farmland to deter any Intruders.
Location is kwara state

For check my profile for contact details

Where in kwara state are you located
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by esthel(f): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
What does questioning have to do with defamation case, isn't that a civil matter. The judge that granted whatever warrant used doesn't know his or her job.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by esthel(f): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
Defamation isn't a crime that needs investigation, file your suit and let the court determine your suit against them
mfm04622:

Dem no go investigate before Dem carry them go court?
Haba!!!
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Newton2024: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
[s]
tradingknowled1:
Why accusing Nigeria police
meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program.. PM me if interested
[/s]Why not take them to Court. Intimidation will only make you people appear foolish before the people especially the international communities. Let us be civilised for once.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by GhostWisperer: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
Journalist can't reveal their sources. These country has been manned and run by stark illiterates since buhari came into being.

Also the matter has already been instituted in court for defamation so why make arrest. Do they want a matter to be instituted twice in court at Sam's time?

Nigeria can't stop embarrassing herself before the world.

When the Nigerian police receive money to arrest they behave like senseless drug addict.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by 688olufunke: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Eleyi don enta gauEleyi don enta gau...
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by mfm04622: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
esthel:
Defamation isn't a crime that needs investigation, file your suit and let the court determine your suit against them

Go and check section 373 of the Criminal Code. There is criminal defamation
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Roozzaay(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
NPF no dey shame at all, the worst institution in Nigeria is the NPF, no dignity, no professionalism or discipline discharging its duties. Just another tool in the hands of politicians
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by NessFortunate: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fira09:

i wish i could blame the police officers, they acted on instructions, this is not the first time media house has been raided. It is a norm under this failed APC GOVERNMENT. NO REGARDS FOR THE RULE OF LAW. SMH. #ATIKUISCOING
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Fairview1: 11:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fira09:

Good move
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Babinski: 12:24am On Jul 23, 2022
clarocuzioo:
I think defamation of character is a purely civil matter, why not allow the courts decide

They are only trying to use the courts and the Police to intimidate People's Gazette. Defamation is a civil case and the man that wrote to request for source of story under FOI is only being stupid about his approach. It is well known that Journalists are protected from disclosing their sources for stories.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by effort1: 1:28am On Jul 23, 2022
Pandev:
people gazette wahala self too much 'We invited them for further investigation, and we
carried the Nigerian Union of Journalists along on this
matter. We’re not taking any action behind the NUJ, and
there is also a warrant from the court to invite Peoples
Gazette for questioning.'

and them know say we no dey hear come for this country, na only go we understand. Whatever we hear is what we'll hold on to. That's why people keep bringing some dead cases that had already been thrown in to the bin, back to limelight to discredit Tinubu

Tinubu is a drug dealer.

Tinubu bribed delegates to win primaries.

Tinubu is morally rotten
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by ZeroChil: 1:46am On Jul 23, 2022
Fira09:

Someone please enlighten me. What's the difference between an invitation and an arrest? Nigerian Police is trying to confuse me because I was trying to read in the rebuttal if there was a written or verbal 'invite' prior to the 'arrests' by proxy.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by BluntCrazeMan: 2:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Fira09:

So, if they Violated the Freedom of Information Act 2011,, the punishment is to harass their space with Police??
Mr. Bello, you have failed it ooo.
You're pretending to be law abiding, but you took this one to the extreme.
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Enyimbamercedes: 5:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Buratai is a thief!

The police would respond to a petition by raiding their premises but did not bother to investigate the allegations and determine if they were true or false
Re: Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police by Bnladan(m): 5:51am On Jul 23, 2022
clarocuzioo:
I think defamation of character is a purely civil matter, why not allow the courts decide
Actually defamation of character can be criminal in nature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates At APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off In Sokoto / Nigeria Will Never Be Restructured - Shehu Sani / Bakare: Religious Leaders Visit Buhari Just To Take Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.