Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord (217 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
I rented the place August last year. I paid 170k for the selfcon (it’s called bedsitter where I come from) a single room with bathroom and kitchen inside. I pay my light and water bills. Last Sunday my landlord texted me asking if I’m around and I said no. He said he wanted to discuss my rent with me that it’s now 200k. I asked him why? Did I do anything wrong? He said no that he wants to do some renovations. After some thoughts, I agreed. Later in the night he texted me again that after some market research, the price of things has increased and some other shiii, that the rent will now be 250k. For small selfcon for trenches o. For those of us in Abuja you’ll know gishiri village. This is barely a month before I will renew my rent. He added 80k.
My question is that is there anything I can do, legally or otherwise? Are there laws in place for such situations?

Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by Oppsin: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Your landlord knows you're desperate for the selfcon and that's why he keep increasing the rent fees. Drag ham with him.
Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by blaquebelle: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
Find somewhere else na. You want to take legal action for 250k self con?

Your font looks like something from a love letter.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by Kayberg: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
undecided
Landlord sent you Buhari's laughter sticker and here you are asking questions… No be… Make I no talk make Mods no ban me.
He's coming to reply you soon.
Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
hmmm time to invest in real estate, 9 room and palor self con in a 3 storey building, sounds like a good idea
Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by enumerica: 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
tell him you can't pay such amount of money, request he should give you time to look for another accommodation on your budget. Tell him you are not financially prepared for such increment. Tell him you will balance him any extra you will stay until you get accommodation that will fit your budget. Make sure you have evidence of your discussion with him. Please don’t be rude, be polite even if he or she is pushing you to be angry.

Then approach the neareast police station close to you tell them you want to discuss an issue with DPO, if you are pressed to say what you want to see him for the disclose to them that you come for his professional advice on the matter. Tell them that you have pleaded with the landlord but you don't know what he or she may do after experation of your tenancy. In that case you have just use style to register your case with the police, make sure you are on secret audio record while doing all this. rember to carry cola along if you deh go greet police ooh

You are reporting to the police in case your landlord remove your shelter when your rent expires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do In This Situation With My Landlord by JASONjnr(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
The entire Abuja is becoming very expensive for people to survive with....

You should move to another area like lokohoma or kuje...

Gishiri is learning from Kado-Kuchi and Jahi... Those places are becoming too expensive to rent a place to stay....

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale! Seven Bedroom Bungalow For Sale At 693 Road Gwarinpa Estate / Dual Auto Gas Cooker 4 Quick Sale / 40ft Export Grade Shipping Container

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.