Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? (12039 Views)

Access Bank Plc Recruitment Stages For 2022 Training / Six(6) Stages Of Career Development For Civil Engineering Graduates In Nigeria / How To Survive The Early Stage Of Your Talent Career - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Cajetan4u: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Several factors were my primary motivators in the early stages of my business. The first is to make certain that I am doing something I am enthusiastic about. When things get tough, this helps me stay motivated.

The second goal is to keep learning and growing as a business owner. This assists me in staying ahead of the competition and growing my business. Finally, seeing my company grow and succeed motivates me.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Onyeka90210(m): 3:01am On Jul 23, 2022
SAPA

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Skyfornia(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Poverty: I have experienced being broke and promised myself I'm not going down that road again.

Joblessness; I was jobless for 5 years and believe me, it wasn't a nice experience. The fear of quitting my business and going back to job hunting was scary.

Then finally, I told myself, this is my first offspring and I will never ever let it die.

The bonus was when a lady and her husband walked into my shop the very few months I started my business, due to small issue I had with her husband, she abused me saying my mates are managers in companies and I'm busy doing petty business, she swore my business will not last more than 6 months. I was scared the first year cause I truly had lots of challenges and was at the verge of quitting, but each time I remembered what the woman said, I doubled my efforts grin grin it's 5 years now and waxing strong. The woman is now jobless and her husband looking for a car to do Uber/taxify.

131 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by xpressionx(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2022
From Top to Bottum motivated me to ensure Bishop agbado doesn't become nigerias undertaker that will finally sink it to the underworld.

What am saying now is that my job is to campaign and deliver Peter Obi in 2023.

Are you not motivated?

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by psychologist(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2022
“There’s nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self. “

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by ifedubris: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2022
Money

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by tradingknowled1: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2022
My motivation was never to be Poor!! .. it will surprise you to know that some people enjoy been poor .. They don't / won't explore new things .
They will rather remain stagnant and complain than try new things.

but most motivation are inbuilt.. some people are naturally determined

meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship.. Feel free to PM me if interested

16 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2022
Cocaine, best thing ever

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2022
One step at a time

Hope: it's hope that is actually keeping a lot of people alive. The possibility that it will surely be better one day.

Failures: having failed in lots of endeavours and seeing myself still laughing and smiling and making it one day at a time, I realised that failure is never the worst that can happen.

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by boldsleek: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Here to read comments that will motivate me ooo.

i set up a small biz with the plan of adding my salary monthly to it. but, mehn, is not easy sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Motivation from inborn desire to be a solution to a problem made me to venture on Consumables for chefs and baking outfits including bakeries....I started with sales of improvers....

In another news if you have a browsing gadget and access to internet as a student in this ASUU strike period and you are not earning even @least $5 daily via online with those viable assets then you are most unwise.
There are thousands of earning means available on the online space which has a community of over 1billion active users that are real and active and need one service or product or the other ......imagine having just a chunck of 100 of them converted to your clients or customers and you deliver with a pegged profit of $2 even if it's monthly that's $200 cash outs on a monthly and the good news is that you can grow your clientele/ customers exponentially.

So if you are interested reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile....NO PMs please because I no longer attend to it.

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Dilosomo(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Women

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by GABRIEL6036: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Bring it on by psqure
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Samuelnze(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
First and foremost,it was my mom.While growing up she did her best to make sure i got every child basic necessity even when financially she wasn't stable.
2.Responsibilities,it is said, "taking up responsiblities brings one respect.I took up some certain family,friendship and societial responsibilities which brings me respect and motivates me.
3.***Buhari. He motivates me make i know fall the hands of people way dey look up to me.*** ##The islamic post on my wall should please be removed.#

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by SeaTrade(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2022
My only motivation is profits,
Me and passion no get any business.
Just building up liquidity for something great that one might stumble on along the way that can generate even bigger profits.
What I'm truly passionate about is to retire in my 40s and be able to live very well after that.
Work no be food abeg.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by surrogatesng: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Poverty,Passion,Responsibilities and Financial independence
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by smatt1711: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2022
Customer satisfaction
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by uptownemmygee(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2022
I don't want to stop any random person on the road side and beg him with English, or call any yeye family member for help.... that's my main motivation

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by donestk(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2022
Failure
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by edogu(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2022
I'm not in any business but should I decide to do so then my parents are my greatest motivators.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by dyera(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2022
The experience of growing a company from scratch is fun especially when you don't depend on the company for your livelihood.

And knowing that several people's income depends on the survival and growth of the company is another thing that keeps one motivated.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by aboyaji(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2022
1. Man has got to do what man has got to do to have a cash flow. Cash flow is very vital.

2. The idea of having a very good source for my gadgets (importation business) through the likes of mikkyangel who was once suffering in Nigeria before he made it out to the USA and still stayed legit over the years exporting gadgets from America to here has kept me mentally awake. I believe I can do whatsoever he did to be successful.

3. I believe the gadget world is not yet saturated. More spaces are there to be filled. More problems are there to get solved in the IT world.

4. I love what I'm doing.

5. I have always strived to be the one to break the expensive market of gadgets. Thereby giving back to the people by selling at the cheapest rate anyone can imagine. The profit shouldn't always be more. Being of help to people matters most to me.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Gandollar(f): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2022
The motivation for me was first, been part of something great and I enjoy doing and the fear of poverty at old age.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Cajetan4u:

Several factors were my primary motivators in the early stages of my business. The first is to make certain that I am doing something I am enthusiastic about. When things get tough, this helps me stay motivated.

The second goal is to keep learning and growing as a business owner. This assists me in staying ahead of the competition and growing my business. Finally, seeing my company grow and succeed motivates me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ekRdx10Mk

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Offpoint1: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2022
Fear of hunger has always been the greatest motivator known to humanity.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Searchingvictor: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2022
What?
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Worldbest281: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2022
I have been poor and I have been been rich,rich is better
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2022
Financial freedom and freedom in general, I did not like how the employers tried to control the lives of their employees where I worked.

Being a comrade, I do have issues with them over those inhumane acts, I stopped those I could stop while I was there.
At the heat of covid19, I decided to quit working for others and I started mine own business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / Plant Sciencists And Biotechnologists, Wat Career Opportunity Do Dey Ave? / He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.