Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force (12044 Views)

Hard Working Policewoman 'Mama G' Promoted In Bayelsa State. Photos / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Ishilove: 10:41am On May 23, 2015
I received an email from a Nairalander who doesn't want his identity revealed because he is still an active member of the Nigerian Police Force. He needs advice on how to pursue his promotion.

Below is the message. Names and numbers have been removed to protect their privacy:

"Pls hide my I'd to avoid dismissal. I joined Nigeria police force on 1 May 2000 as a cadet Inspector and by today am 16 years on this Job.and I've been promoted once only to ASP. I've never been queried nor found wanting on my Job. By today my mates are DSP's but I keep asking if this is right. This complaint involve 120 out of 214 recruited on 1 may 2000. People from course 35/2000. Cadet inspectors and we have complained to the police force secretary through his PA, DSP **** with phone no 0816******* for ur confirmation. who is our courses mate but no help.

Personally those promoted are not better than me both in Acedemy results and field work, I can provide all infor u may need about this but we course 35/2000 cadet inspectors and only me standing for all of them that are denied our rightful promotion is begging General Buhari to help us to restore our rightful promotion date. Pls help me."

So Nairalanders, what do you suggest?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by buygala(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2015
OK... I sincerely haven't and will never give a damn about a Nigerian Policeman angry ....

But for the purpose of the topic sha...

NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER .....Truth is, Most sabi-sabi people never get far in their carriers angry
.... Don't let your 'genius' intimidate your bosses... Some bosses might take it personal, and make it their business to cage you in sad

BE READY TO BE A LONDONER IF YOU ARE IN LONDON..... Just identify the appropriate sure-banker ways of achieving your goal as regards your workplace, and play your cards in that manner.... If you feel you can't do the needful, then look for another job, because
that your promotion is very unlikely to come in this life-time sad

ADD VALUE TO YOURSELF.... It's almost sheer idiocy to enter an organization with a mere Bsc, and still expect the organization to punctually promote you to higher levels of administration requiring a PhD qualification just because you have 'extensive work experience in the organization' undecided ...You can't have stagnant qualifications and expect to be upwardly mobile professionally smiley

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by tayebest(m): 10:43am On May 23, 2015
I suggest you quit the police job and find a better job doing... Dazzol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by write2obi(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2015
I suggest you check who has being using your picture as hand fan in your village, its not ordinary, because promotion for police officers from the rank of ASP and above comes easy. and its mostly done according to your years of services.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 11:04am On May 23, 2015
Sometimes I wonder, if working harder, smarter and faster won't solve my career problems, what will?
__and my hubby would say, 'barbie, at a point in your career: it moves from what you know to WHO YOU KNOW'.

He is at that point. The significant problem he is facing now cannot be changed by the same level of reasoning that created them.

No amount of hardwork and miracle would get him his desired want/promotion .
As is pertinent in any Government controlled agency/organization...wareva grin, he needs to 'asslick', i.e he needs a godfather(mother).

Find one Oga at the top and start famzing...
It doesn't remove any letter from your surname @complainant.

In a nutshell change formation...if 4-4-2 isn't working ...try 4-3-3. cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Tallesty1(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2015
angry
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by adedam007(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Koroaso: 11:34am On May 23, 2015
**********VOLOUNTEER TO LEAD TROOPS TO SAMBISA FOREST*******

3 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Rahmatuparker: 11:34am On May 23, 2015
Eyaah
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by datbay(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2015
Check it bros,you are not as corrupt as expected.A "good" police officer must be corrupt enough to bring in very fat returns to his ever corrupt superiors.This guarantees very rapid promotion.But if you are a clean and upright man then just get an alternative side job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by babamadiba(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2015
Quit! Na by force to be policeman?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Jaffar23(m): 11:35am On May 23, 2015
All the Roger yu have been collecting all this while is now following yu... If yu perform yu will be promoted..
Hain
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Sijo01(f): 11:36am On May 23, 2015
Something must be wrong somewhere. Maybe you have an unknown enemy in the force who has vowed to set on your promotion.

One thing I know about police force is that promotion from recruit to an ASP 11 can be slow but as soon as you're confirmed i.e to ASP 1, the rest is very fast.

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by umarc19: 11:36am On May 23, 2015
One thing I learnt in Nigeria's civil service and force is that promotion is not based on merit rather on 'who do u know' and 'who knows u'.

This is really not good for us as a country thriving to move forward. I just hope the incoming government will look into this problem and give it a fair treatment.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by topblazetk(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2015
babamadiba:
Quit! Na by force to be policeman?

No oda work!! U wnt to die a police??
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by benedictnsi(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2015
It may sound bad buh i guess you should....
QUIT
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by timilehing(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2015
Ishilove, here's my candid advice for him:
Tell him to calculate all the money he has been collecting from innocent Nigerians illegally since 2000 wey him start work, he should dash those needy people walking the streets that money. I bet his promotion is not gonna wait till July.

To other Nairaland NPF members wey sabi extort innocent citizens, the curse wey go strike una still dey do press-up for gym.

7 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omisakint: 11:37am On May 23, 2015
Deliverance need asap
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 11:37am On May 23, 2015
tayebest:
I suggest you quit the police job and find a better job doing... Dazzol
can you provide it for him?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by GabrielSuswam(m): 11:38am On May 23, 2015
My Candid Advice Bro....

Join the Winning Team oooh.. Do whatever it takes to be in the good books of the corrupt Police personnel na so our Govt Don Bad reach...

If you wan form good man for police OYO na your name oh
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by steppin: 11:38am On May 23, 2015
E be like say Op dey do 'holy nweje' for police work.
Naija police na no dulling things, else you go retire as a constable.

2 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by youngwarlocks: 11:39am On May 23, 2015
I no dey put mouth for police mata.......before dem arrest me for illegal chuking mouth

4 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by eleko1: 11:39am On May 23, 2015
sad promotion doesn't come from the East,North,West/South but from above(look up)In due season,U'll be elevated.Whether the devil like it or not,U'll SHINE/expect ur tripple promotion soon.Do ur work,rejoice.The one who promoted/lifted King David/Solomon is still on the throne,He'll do urs.STOP COMPLAIN

6 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by timilehing(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2015
If na one beta person dey talk now, I for give him advice but since na useless police person, na OYO u dey grin grin All the bribes wey you don collect from innocent Nigerians don backfire for ur head. Scape goat

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by 1stola: 11:39am On May 23, 2015
NP hmn
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by hotspice29(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2015
Make sure say you never march sh*t or maybe person curse the N20 wey Una dey collect. Then go for a total purification...a 21-day fast and strong prayer points would help.

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by huhmuhyehmi(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2015
blueto:
can you provide it for him?
ask ram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Easy Ways To Stay Awake At Work / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos) / Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.