Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space (2648 Views)

Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by oikirodah(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah 

"No matter the weight of elephant, him no fit cause earthquake...I never come dem say I be fake, now I don come dem dey see me dey shake-Lyrics Ekwe Sample by Stereo Man.

For me, heaven will not fall; the elections will come and go, and everyone will return to their normal duties; God willing, we will all witness the elections in good health and sound judgment.

Going forward today we shall look into the total take over of the social media space by Peter Obi's fans and the implications as it affects the 2023 presidential elections. For some time now people from all walks of life have taken over WhatsApp groups and other social media spaces with the Sticker I AM THE STRUCTURE. Definitely, this is a result of the  'scathing remarks'  by the dominant parties that Peter Obi has no structure to win the 2023 presidential elections.

With technology shaping every aspect of our lives, it is only natural that it has started shaping the politics of our countries too. 

In the early 2000s, social media had an impact on elections. In the United States, Barack Obama used social media during his first presidential campaign to rally a majority of voters and win the election in 2008. According to Pew Research Center, during Obama's first campaign, approximately 74% of internet users sought election news online, representing 55% of the total adult population at the time.

During the 2016 presidential election in the United States, the British political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica successfully collected and sold social media user data in order to influence voters with targeted advertisements.

What is its strategy? Collect widely available demographic data on a large scale from social media platforms. The firm then used large-scale modeling to conduct election analyses and make statistically calculated predictions about what types of advertisements would be most appealing to members of various groups.

There is no doubt that social media has shaped the roles of elections in major countries over the last decade. What do we have in Nigeria, where we all agree that all politics are local?

First and foremost, the social media platform is a structure, hence everyone is on it. Let us go back to the beginning, with Buhari's election in 2015, which made history as the first time a sitting president was defeated in an election.

According to Google trends, Muhammadu Buhari was the second most-searched person in 2015, as interest grew as a result of the online campaign. 

Social media served as a platform for selling the coming Messiah, who aspired to be president, and his campaign team, the Buhari Campaign Organization (BMO), did everything in their power to dominate the media space. Prior to Buhari's rise to prominence in the 2015 presidential elections, the army retired general had run multiple times and failed each time.

If the verdict is given, it should be noted that social media played a significant role in determining who became Nigeria's president, as the leading figure on social media eventually became Nigeria's president.

Atiku Abubarkar, a former vice president, recently expressed his opinion that the Labour Party runs the most of its campaigns on social media. He asserted that since 90% of people in the North do not use social media, they will not base their votes in any way on social media.

So let us critically examine Atiku's claim to see if it is supported by facts. A look at his electoral journey should provide some insight.

Atiku has been running for president since 1993; he has succeeded in certain party primaries and failed in others. However, for the purposes of this study, let's focus on the elections he won while running for president on behalf of the parties he represented.

In the 2007 presidential election, he ran as an Action Congress candidate and received 2,637,858 votes, placing third behind winner Umaru Yar'Adua of the PDP and Muhammadu Buhari of the ANPP.

Given that social media in Nigeria was still in its infancy, the 2007 presidential elections lacked any significant social media excitement.

Now, in 2015, Atiku lost the APC presidential ticket to Buhari, so he did not run in the general elections. This election saw Buhari take the lead in the Social Media space, and he easily defeated Jonathan. On social media, Buhari was heralded as the coming messiah.

Atiku rejoined the Peoples Democratic Party in 2017 and ran as the party's presidential candidate in the 2019 election, losing to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari. Buhari's so-called 2014 Messiah hype was non-existent during this election. This time around, Atiku received an impressive 11,262,978 votes.

How did social media influence the 2019 election, then? The debates on social media then alternated between Atiku and Peter Obi, Atiku's running partner, who was seen as another incoming Messiah.

Now on Google trends, Atiku received increased interest at the tail end of 2018, but the conversations on social media were not as powerful, because Atiku Abubakar was perceived to be in the same class as Buhari, knowing that he had assisted Buhari's election as president in 2015.

Atiku went on to lose the election, but he came out with an impressive result in terms of previous exploits, and he actually dazzled Buhari's camp. Atiku did well this time around when his social media hype was high, and his association with Peter Obi proved to be a plus.

Matters Arising;

The dominant parties claim that there is no social media structure, but they all rose to prominence through the same social media. The people on social media where do they live? Do they live on Facebook or Twitter? Or they live on the streets of Nigeria?

Why is Musa Kwankwanso's presidential candidacy now not gaining traction as anticipated? Is his lack of presence on social media a benefit or a drawback for his campaign?

Back to the intro song by Stereo Man Ekwe Sample …"I never come dem say I b fake, now I don come dem dey see me dey SHAKE , wait for your time one day you go blow." 

Prior to now, the focus was on Peter Obi's lack of structure, but on a daily basis, Nigerians are demonstrating that they are that structure and, in a bold move, have begun associating themselves with a soon-to-arrive Messiah. You can see Nigerians displaying their beautiful faces with the Structure Sticker of Peter Obi in a proud manner.

The role of social media during election campaigns has both its advantages and disadvantages, however  the reality of the present day is that it helps in galvanizing the electorates towards a certain mindset.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirdoah is the Chairman / CEO and Principal Bush Radio Academy, additional reports by Smart Omo-Idemudia.

Source iReporteronline

Checkout some images below of Nigerians proudly displaying their faces as the structure for the 2023 general elections. 
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/peter-obis-i-am-the-structure-stickers-take-over-social-media-space-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by IntelChief: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is INTEL CHIEF

I AM THE STRUCTURE

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
See creative thinking. Not like hungry fermented agbado and cassava juice gulping touts.

Peter Obi inspires! Peter Obi ni ama dibo fun!. We are voting Peter Obi.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Nokio1: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Creative..... See as them frèsh e Don tey wey hem táste agbado n casava

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by tollyboy5(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin

Ipob wanted obi to look like SE agenda, but we're beyond that. Obi is a project for the common Nigerians.

Alot of young people are ready to vote.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by successmatters(m): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is success, I am the structure.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by colorsofrainbow: 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
successmatters:
My name is success, I am the structure.

My name is Rainbow and I'm the structure!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by NyamiriSlayer(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
All this noise go end in 2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by PointZerom: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin
Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by successmatters(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:

And a new Nigeria will begin, where Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed will usher in the best Nigerian government.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by fourboys: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
I just hope Peter Obi wins for a new better Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Blossom12: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
https://obistructure.pics/
That's the link to generate your own flyer

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by PointZerom: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by iampeterben(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Very good! We will rise oh! Peter for President.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Treasure17(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is Treasure and I'm the structure. #PeterObiMandate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by ThatFairGuy1: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
My Igbo friends has been disturbing my views with this.

Laslas Pandora criminal is coming distant 4th undecided

I love and prefers Agbado, cassava tongue

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by ursullalinda(f): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is Ursullalinda.....I'm the structure

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Benki003(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
Even white are obident grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Okoroawusa: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is Okoroawusa and I am Tinubu:s structure.

Make everybody campaign for him candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Fahdiga(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
My Igbo friends has been disturbing my views with this.

Laslas Pandora criminal is coming distant 4th undecided

I love and prefers Agbado, cassava tongue
Gibberish coming from an agbado muncher.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by BATified2023: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
just imagine say twitter crash today

That’s all for peter obi
Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by tempest01(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
[url]Obistructure.pics[/url] to create yours.
Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by ThatFairGuy1: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Take Agbado cassava, it's good for your health grin
Fahdiga:
Gibberish coming from an agbado muncher.

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Fahdiga(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Take Agbado cassava, it's good for your health grin
*spits*

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by conductor60000: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
We are winning!
For those that haven't done their own, this is the site
https://www.peterobi.me

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by TotoGame(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
My Name is TotoGame

I'm the Structure

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
My name is Damilola AKA Nigeriafirstlady
The online Peter Obi hater tormentor.
I am the No.1 structure in my local government and working hard to build more formidable structure of followers.

If you do anyhow online you collect wotowoto.

Champagne man don humble. Now greeting incoming president with two hands

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Kalashnikov49: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
IPOB never wanted Peter Obi as an agenda. Who Presidency epp??..spits

But Tinubu is a confirmed Agenda for MURIC AND ISLAMIC TERRORIST...that alone is klear....spits

tollyboy5:
grin

Ipob wanted obi to look like SE agenda, but we're beyond that. Obi is a project for the common Nigerians.

Alot of young people are ready to vote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by Amumaigwe: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
I am the corner pillar, I am the structure.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
e go shock you for 2023. How many months left? No come join the train wen e never dey late
Re: Peter Obi's I Am The Structure Stickers Take Over Social Media Space by SageOfChelsea: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
How can I add this sticker to my pix? Which app?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Will Never Leave You, Unless You Endorse Me" Tinubu To Obasanjo - Photos / Tinubu Will Be Sworn-in On May 29 If Binani' "Victory" Is Not Voided / Lagos Police Handler Mistakenly Replied Hundeyins Tweet and Quickly Deleted It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.