Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. (402 Views)

In The Journey Of Life Knowing The Plan Is Key / Five Objectives Of The Ministry Of Every Believer / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by delkuf(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Before the Lord Jesus Christ leave this world, he promised us the Holy Ghost. He said in John 14:16 that he will pray the father to send the Holy Spirit. And in act chapter 1, he told the disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they received the Holy Spirit. On that day of pentecost, the Holy Ghost came down and has remain on earth ever since to help another that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, to love and serve him better. But many times, you see Christian ignoring the power and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Ghost. We cannot serve God better without the Holy Ghost. The devil and the flesh will not allow you. No body can overcome the devil with the flesh. We need the power of the Holy Spirit. Because with the Holy Ghost comes power. And it is this power, we can overcome the devil. In act1:8 the Lord Jesus Christ said, we shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon us. So we need the Holy Ghost to be able to serve God and overcome the devil. Someone in one thread ask how he can serve God better and people were giving all sort of advice. After we have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ, the next thing we must know and believe is the ministry of the Holy Ghost. In this thread, by the help of the Holy Spirit, I will be sharing some truth about the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Jul 24, 2022
delkuf:
Before the Lord Jesus Christ leave this world, he promised us the Holy Ghost. He said in John 14:16 that he will pray the father to send the Holy Spirit. And in act chapter 1, he told the disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they received the Holy Spirit. On that day of pentecost, the Holy Ghost came down and has remain on earth ever since to help another that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, to love and serve him better. But many times, you see Christian ignoring the power and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Ghost. We cannot serve God better without the Holy Ghost. The devil and the flesh will not allow you. No body can overcome the devil with the flesh. We need the power of the Holy Spirit. Because with the Holy Ghost comes power. And it is this power, we can overcome the devil. In act1:8 the Lord Jesus Christ said, we shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon us. So we need the Holy Ghost to be able to serve God and overcome the devil. Someone in one thread ask how he can serve God better and people were giving all sort of advice. After we have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ, the next thing we must know and believe is the ministry of the Holy Ghost. In this thread, by the help of the Holy Spirit, I will be sharing some truth about the Holy Spirit.
The day you stop allowing your pastors and mogs deceive you with their meaningless words - meaningless since these have nothing to do with Jesus Christ - is the day you begin to gain the freedom that Jesus Christ sought for you to have in Him. undecided

There is no "ministry of the Holy Spirit" apart from Jesus Christ. In fact, the idea is moot since the Holy Spirit who Jesus Christ promised to send in His place is the Spirit of Truth and Jesus Christ is God's Truth. In other words, He is the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself that is sent back to take His place in the lives of those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. And just as His followers were unable to rule over or command Jesus Christ, in much the same way, no man has the power to rule over or instruct the Spirit of Truth, Jesus Christ. So, whatever ideas you have of this "ministry of the Holy Spirit" you claim if it insists your being able to defy Jesus Christ while you have Him, what you have is not Him but a contrary spirit. undecided
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by delkuf(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The day you stop allowing your pastors and mogs deceive you with their meaningless words - meaningless since these have nothing to do with Jesus Christ - is the day you begin to gain the freedom that Jesus Christ sought for you to have in Him. undecided

There is no "ministry of the Holy Spirit" apart from Jesus Christ. In fact, the idea is moot since the Holy Spirit who Jesus Christ promised to send in His place is the Spirit of Truth and Jesus Christ is God's Truth. In other words, He is the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself that is sent back to take His place in the lives of those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. And just as His followers were unable to rule over or command Jesus Christ, in much the same way, no man has the power to rule over or instruct the Spirit of Truth, Jesus Christ. So, whatever ideas you have of this "ministry of the Holy Spirit" you claim if it insists your being able to defy Jesus Christ while you have Him, what you have is not Him but a contrary spirit. undecided
Have told you to stop engaging me. Speaking with you doesn't make sense. I don't know where you stand. Plssssss stop engaging me
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
delkuf:
Have told you to stop engaging me. Speaking with you doesn't make sense. I don't know where you stand. Plssssss stop engaging me
Jesus Christ never asked you to guage the stance of others. Instead He said, by their fruits you shall know them", urging you to judge everything by the standard that He represents and embodies, God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God aka the Gospel. undecided
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by WatchYourSix: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
delkuf:

Lol....

I see you have met our nairaland assistant Jesus and his all-knowing power....?

1 Like

Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by judedwriter(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never asked you to guage the stance of others. Instead He said, by their fruits you shall know them", urging you to judge everything by the standard that He represents and embodies, God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God aka the Gospel. undecided

You remind me of the late Diego maradona...

The guy was an expert at dribbling, so are you with your writing!! grin

1 Like

Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
judedwriter:

Same as Satan and snakes, which always happens when they can not give Truthfull backup to their statements.

Lending credence to what God promised saying

Exodus 23:7
“Keep thee far from a false matter; ...: for I will not justify the wicked.”
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
judedwriter:

Jesus Christ explained it better in His teachings that God's Truth is confusion to those who reject Him. undecided
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by delkuf(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Lol....

I see you have met our nairaland assistant Jesus and his all-knowing power....?
SHe doesn't know anything. Having a Convo with her is waste of my time
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by WatchYourSix: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
delkuf:
SHe doesn't know anything. Having a Convo with her is waste of my time

convo with her is hard because manner of approach is always condemning and condescending...
to her, shes the only one following jesus..every other person is sinner following god of men
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by delkuf(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
WatchYourSix:

convo with her is hard because manner of approach is always condemning and condescending...
to her, shes the only one following jesus..every other person is sinner following god of men
that is why I don't what a conversation with her. You can't be the only that is right
Re: Knowing the Ministry Of The Holy Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
delkuf:
that is why I don't what a conversation with her. You can't be the only that is right
When it has to do with Jesus Christ, He alone is right and every other idea is a lie. So, when an idea violates Jesus Christ, it can never be of Him. That is what anyone who Knows the Truth is made aware of by the Spirit of Truth Himself. undecided

(1) (Reply)

. / All Primate Ayodele Prophesied About Kenya Election That Came To Pass / See The Only Prophet Thas Has Entered Lions Den And Played With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.