Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu (445 Views)

Election 2023 : Pastor Sarah Omakwu Asks Nigerians To "Waste" Their Votes. / Olu Of Warri Denies Endorsing Tinubu (photos) / 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reveals Where Buhari’s Successor Should Come From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by pinkPUSSY(f): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
THE serving overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Tunde Bakare, has disclaimed his reported endorsement of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

In a statement the church issued to journalists yesterday, Friday July 22, 2022, Bakare refuted statements credited to him by some publications that he had endorsed the APC presidential candidate.

The former presidential aspirant on the platform of the APC also denied making uncomplimentary statements about the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), an umbrella organisation of Christians in Nigeria.

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to the viral but concocted and ridiculous statements credited to me by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria, (CAN) were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to force a weak candidate on the APC. I was alleged to have said that CAN wanted to lure APC into presenting a weak candidate.

“As if the poorly strewn lies were not enough, I was quoted as saying that Tinubu is my candidate. Isn’t this the same Tinubu that I announced to all and sundry at the APC Presidential Convention that I was not stepping down for? He has suddenly become my candidate!

- Advertisement -

“I am a nation builder who will not in any way create real or imaginary division among the people of our great country, through the medium of political parties or religion.”

Bakare had last Sunday, while reacting to the decision of the APC to run a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, blamed Christian leaders in Nigeria for propagating “a wrong notion of politics.”

Meanwhile, the presence of some attendees, last Wednesday, attired in bishop’s cassock at the unveiling of the APC’s vice-presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, a Muslim like Tinubu, continues to generate controversies as some critics maintain the “bishops” were “fake.”

Footages of the alleged fake bishops are still trending on the social media.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/tunde-bakare-refute-claim-he-endorsed-tinubu-as-apc-presidential-candidate/

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala mynd44

Lalasticlala
Re: 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
They are looking for endorsement from everyone and every corner. From fake Bishops to impersonating Pastors.
Re: 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by pinkPUSSY(f): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Druggie is very desperate
Re: 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by Nukilia: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lost shepherd undecided
Re: 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by JASONjnr(m): 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
BATified urchins trying all possible means to drag sane people into their long lasting madness...
Re: 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Denies Endorsing Tinubu by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
THE serving overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Tunde Bakare, has disclaimed his reported endorsement of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

In a statement the church issued to journalists yesterday, Friday July 22, 2022, Bakare refuted statements credited to him by some publications that he had endorsed the APC presidential candidate.

The former presidential aspirant on the platform of the APC also denied making uncomplimentary statements about the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), an umbrella organisation of Christians in Nigeria.

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to the viral but concocted and ridiculous statements credited to me by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria, (CAN) were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to force a weak candidate on the APC. I was alleged to have said that CAN wanted to lure APC into presenting a weak candidate.

“As if the poorly strewn lies were not enough, I was quoted as saying that Tinubu is my candidate. Isn’t this the same Tinubu that I announced to all and sundry at the APC Presidential Convention that I was not stepping down for? He has suddenly become my candidate!

- Advertisement -

“I am a nation builder who will not in any way create real or imaginary division among the people of our great country, through the medium of political parties or religion.”

Bakare had last Sunday, while reacting to the decision of the APC to run a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, blamed Christian leaders in Nigeria for propagating “a wrong notion of politics.”

Meanwhile, the presence of some attendees, last Wednesday, attired in bishop’s cassock at the unveiling of the APC’s vice-presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, a Muslim like Tinubu, continues to generate controversies as some critics maintain the “bishops” were “fake.”

Footages of the alleged fake bishops are still trending on the social media.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/tunde-bakare-refute-claim-he-endorsed-tinubu-as-apc-presidential-candidate/

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala mynd44

Lalasticlala

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

If It Boils Down To Peter Obi And Atiku, Who Are Your Voting? / Tinubu Unwilling To Give Up Multi Billion Pension Despite 10% Monthly Tax Pay / Wike Rivers State Governor Mandate Any Person Who Wants To Marry To Get Up To 5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.