Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government (194 Views)

EFCC Ill-Treatment Meted Out To Orji Kalu Unfair — Lamido / Ikpeazu: We Carefully Selected 27 New Commissioners To Enhance Life Of Abians / Abia Assembly Takes Shocking Step To End The Killing Of Abians By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by Nwachacho: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2022
Under the current government administration in Abia State, being spearheaded by a PhD holder as the governor. It's disheartening and appalling to see the level of negligence meted out to the education sector in the state(other sectors not left out). From the primary to the tertiary are suffering from this maladministration. I keep asking why? But all I could see is a signpost of incompetence boldly written all over Abia state government. Highlighted below are "some" of their failures both in the education and other sectors.
- Faculty of Medicine(Abia State Uni.) Lost her accreditation, courtesy of the decay in the teaching hospital
-Faculty of Engineering (Abia state Uni.) Lost accreditation
- Abia Poly's accreditation withdrawn as result of 30 months salaries owed
- Secondary schools within the state are currently on strike (teachers owed more than 10 months salary)
-Pensioners in the state owed more than 15months pension
- Staff of College of Education, owed more than 9months salary
- Primary school teachers owed more than 12 months salary (they just resumed from strike last week, after negotiations)
- Ukwa East L.G.A have not experienced electricity for more than 7 years and counting.
- Roads within Aba and other parts of the state are not motorable (e.g Port Harcourt road Aba)
And many more, too numerous to mention.
Abia state deserves better in governance. Instead of playing blame games, I call on the government to wake up and take responsibility.
NOTE: I'm not campaigning for any political party, just stating the obvious

Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by Frankitibobo: 1:20am On Jul 24, 2022
Okezie is a disappointment in human form.
The worst governor so far in the south east. I can even bet that Hope Uzodinma is better than him
Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by chatinent: 1:25am On Jul 24, 2022
Osisioma Flyover na human being?
Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by Nwachacho: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Frankitibobo:
Okezie is a disappointment in human form.
The worst governor so far in the south east. I can even bet that Hope Uzodinma is better than him

Imo State has more state owned institutions than Abia State, yet we don't hear this kind of abnormalities in Imo. Not praising Uzodinma but Okezie is a colossal failure
Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by Nwachacho: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
chatinent:
Osisioma Flyover na human being?

I don't understand your comment but hope you're ain't counting that overhead bridge as an achievement after 7 years
Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by chatinent: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nwachacho:

I don't understand your comment but hope you're ain't counting that overhead bridge as an achievement after 7 years

Okezie is a worse than Buhari.
Re: Ill-treatment Of Abians By The State Government by Nwachacho: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
chatinent:

Okezie is a worse than Buhari.
He's a man made disaster to humanity

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Need Education First Before Getting Good Leaders? / Https://thestreetjournal.org/apc-delegates-who-sold-their-votes-during-president / INEC Releases Fresh CVR Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.