Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) (2737 Views)

Regina Askia As A Contestant At Miss International In Japan In 1990 (Photos) / Celine Dion's Look In The 1990's Vs 2019(Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Michael Jackson And Trump In 1990 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Naijadaily: 6:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Eminent businessman and frontline Politician, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Saturday afternoon revealed his palatial mansion he purchased in 1990, ten years before he became Governor of Abia state in 1999.

The Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate, Orji Kalu, in the lengthy post also said that Nigerians thought he was into money rituals because of a beautiful and costly car he bought in 1982.

Mr Kalu, in a Facebook said the car was the “latest” Mercedes Benz. He did not give more information about the car.

“The then President Shehu Shagari was the only Nigerian using the same car as at that time,” he said.

“I recall that whenever I drove the car, some would look at it with admiration while a few were spreading rumors that I was into money rituals.”

Mr Kalu said Nigerians should “stop entertaining the blackmails” that money is motivating him in politics.

“If it’s actually about money as propagated, then I already have all I would ever need,” the senator said.

“While I was governor, I never bought a new home. I have lost more money being into politics. I took over from a military administrator and those who knew the condition of Abia before 1999 will have a better understanding of the level of work we did before leaving government in 2007.

“As of today, I can decide to even resign as a senator because I spend my private money to make up a lot of things while serving the people.

“Nigeria is unfortunately a country where people who have done no business except holding public office are hailed while those who have worked hard all their lives creating wealth and employing people are called names.”

Senator Kalu repeated what he often said in the past – that he bankrolled the then ruling party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 1998 with N500 million and also gave the PDP presidential candidate, Olusegun Obasanjo, N100 million.

“I became an employer of labour at an early age and have steadily continued to be.

“I have worked hard all my life and the best you can do is to study people and try to be better than them. For the life we live is not for ourselves alone but for God and to then accommodate other people,” he added.

Mr Kalu, a former governor of Abia State who now represents Abia North District, posted alongside his comment, a photo of himself standing in front of his house in the U.S.

“Seeing off my childhood friend, Chief Emeka Eboh after I hosted him for lunch at my residence, Camp Neso, Potomac, USA,” the senator said in a previous post on Facebook, with photos of the house.

Mr Kalu loves talking about how wealthy he was before he joined Nigerian politics.

During an interview with AriseTV in January, he said he started moving palm oil from southern to northern Nigeria, specifically to Maiduguri, when he was a student at the University of Maiduguri.

The senator said he ran into Ibrahim Babangida and Muhammadu Buhari when both were top officers in the army, but he did not disclose how the two men, who later ruled Nigeria, helped him to advance his business interests.

He said he was into massive importation of sugar and rice at some point in his life, and that he was a strong competitor with Aliko Dangote, the man who is Africa’s richest man today.

“I was one of the largest importers of rice and sugar. For me, making money is an art,” Mr Kalu said. “Then I started building industries in Aba and Ota.”

Mr Kalu has investments in the media – he owns the Sun and the Telegraph newspapers.

https://www.cardinalpost.ng/orji-kalu-shows-off-u-s-mansion-he-bought-in-1990/

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2022
With all these astonishing archievements you went ahead and run Abia state treasury aground of which the state is still struggling to recover from till tomorrow.
Greed!!!!
Human needs are insatiable..........

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Aidejay(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:
With all these astonishing archievements you went ahead and run Abia state treasury aground of which the state is still struggling to recover from till today.
Greed!!!!
Human needs is insatiable..........

Almost All The So Called Rich Men And Successful Business Men & Women (Most With Questionable Source Of Wealth) That Went Into Politics & Governance Ended Up As Failures.
Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by yinkus6750(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2022
You succeed as a private business man.
But failed in governance.
Underdevelopment of Abia state started from your regime, and till now, they yet to get it right.
Ikpeazu, is trying his best on ABA at the late hour of his two term tenure.
It could have been far better than it is now.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by derecho(m): 6:45am On Jul 24, 2022
OBI don dey make our political class rethink.
Before dem no send.
I won't be surprised if Tinubu slaves spin a similar thing for Tinubu.
Just that that David Hundeyin guy haf spoil Tinubu life patapata

God bless Peter OBI

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2022
derecho:
OBI don dey make our political class rethink.
Before dem no send.
I won't be surprised if Tinubu slaves spin a similar thing for Tinubu.
God bless Peter OBI

God bless and protect him, they are all waking up.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Moh247: 6:52am On Jul 24, 2022
cool
Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by pepperdemzombie: 6:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Where are the ones bought during and after elected into office?
Trust the ipigs to come and justify his stealing now.
Tinubu retired as DG of Mobil, dem dey cry for him results but when it was discovered Oduah forged certification and she has only 2 P8 in CRS and IGBO, they became dumb.
Uzodinma's multimillion wristwatch was exposed, dem say na fake and it is no news, Seyi Tinubu's own was uploaded, they masturbated to reach page 19.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by God1000(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2022
Why showing us the house?
Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Kestolove(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2022
na igbo i can never trust him
Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:
With all these astonishing archievements you went ahead and run Abia state treasury aground of which the state is still struggling to recover from till tomorrow.
Greed!!!!
Human needs are insatiable..........

As usual, I expect you to make baseless uninformed comments. Compare Abia state’s domestic and foreign debt profile in 2007 and the period between 2008 and 2022. Orji Uzor Kalu is a saint

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

As usual, I expect you to make baseless uninformed comments. Compare Abia state’s domestic and foreign debt profile in 2007 and the period between 2008 and 2022. Orji Uzor Kalu is a saint

Your saint
Only a criminal defend a criminal. You are one of them

Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:19am On Jul 24, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

Your saint
Only a criminal defend a criminal. You are one of them

Agreed

…compared to the fellas that succeeded him
Re: Orji Kalu Shows Off U.S. Mansion He Bought In 1990 (Photo) by slipperyanus07: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2022
Taah shup up your dirty mouth

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Reveals New Relationship While Sharing Photos From Her Date Night / Meet The Silent Billionaire Sir Olu Okeowo And How He Made His Billions / Nkiru Sylvanus Is Sa To Imo State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.