Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Vehicle Documents - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Documents (988 Views)

How To Get A Genuine Tinted Permit and how to get your vehicle documents done. / Registration Of Any Vehicle Documents Contact me / Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 7:09am On Jul 24, 2022
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact us for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you 090 5278 7249

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Documents by onyii255(m): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2022
How much do you charge for change of ownership and the corresponding documents? This should exclude the 3rd party insurance.
Re: Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2022
onyii255:
How much do you charge for change of ownership and the corresponding documents? This should exclude the 3rd party insurance.
the price varies with the type of vehicle,what type of vehicle is it? And does the vehicle has any due to pay?
Re: Vehicle Documents by onyii255(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
The vehicle does not have any outstanding dues. It’s a 2012 Camry.
Re: Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
onyii255:
The vehicle does not have any outstanding dues. It’s a 2012 Camry.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
morgybia:
or try to call or WhatsApp 090 5278 7249
Re: Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=morgybia post=115084288]or try to call or WhatsApp 090 5278 7249/quote]how is about the work
Re: Vehicle Documents by WycliffeSMB(m): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
How much do you charge for Change of Ownership for Honda Odyssey 2001 model?

I'm retaining the Number plate
Re: Vehicle Documents by morgybia(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
How much do you charge for Change of Ownership for Honda Odyssey 2001 model?

I'm retaining the Number plate
hope the vehicle does not have outstanding dues?

Or you message me on WhatsApp 090 5278 7249

(1) (Reply)

HELP - Where Can I Hire A Car In Lagos For 6 Months? / Common Car Terms Misuse, Like BMW Jeep / 8th Lagos Motor Fair And 2nd Autoparts Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.