Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz (20097 Views)

An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz / A Review Of Burna Boy's "Love, Damini Album" - TrendyBeatz / Download Omah Lay – Boy Alone Album Zip File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Sonicroyel: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Realtalk20:
Let me hazard a guess ..

All the songs sound the same?
This one hit wonder has faded as quickly as he came

The reality that he lacks any real talent willl now become obvious

Thank goodness you said "A Guess" the album slaps tho.. if you're looking party Jams maybe not
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Sonicroyel: 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
inoki247:
I talk am bak den say the boy no fit last cos he dey always use one pattern making all song to sound the same nd den I still complain abt him song wey no dey pass 2 minutes....

Be singing like say na Promo copy u dey giv us aw beta lyrics wan dey inside 2min song....

Buh people just dey jump on my mention talking anyhow calling someone haters all sort of names....

Me I neva hear any music inside this album cos my mind dey tell me say na still one pattern...

I'm not trying to bad mouth his work buh sometimes you need to give out something new so that people can always fall in love with your content.....

BETTER PASS JOEBOY SHA
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Sonicroyel: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
KarmaXNow:
Unimpressive, Bland and far less intriguing than the EPs. I doubt this guy can stand the competition in the ever evolving music landscape in Nigeria.

His Interview on BBC Hardtalk is the worst. I literally slept off Jeez...

I'm almost forced to believe he stole Bad Influence, Damn,Lolo and Godly.

That WOMAN track sound alot like Psquare's yesteryears efforts, well that could be a Karma for the 'original' Copycats themselves.

In short Omah-Lay is currently a Mediocre Artist and should return back to the school he abandoned barely 6 months after resumption.

This is quite harsh.. he's selling out his tours so I just think this album wasn't for you maybe
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Sonicroyel: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
JoshTim:
I listened to the album, i searched from song to song but couldn't find that spark omalay gave with his previous solos. I give him 6/10.

Out of curiosity I'd like you to score Love Damini
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
That he is selling out his tours means he is leveraging on his past efforts. He himself revealed he has been fighting his 'demons' and facing depression. The truth still remains that comparatively with his Masterstrokes ,the current body of work is below par with his fierce and distinguishable EPs that shook the whole world and arguably one of the best around then. He probably changed his handlers, producers and he might have altered his talent by consuming hard drugs and having illicit affair with women; he even claimed he slept with his Therapist.

I rated Omah Lay more than Fireboy ,Rema, Joeboy and others, and he even stood taller than Tems in that pecking order.

I would rate this effort as 3.5/10 and if I want to be magnanimous i will give him 4/10.

He sells Music for a living and he cannot avoid Honest Critique and passionate Critics.

Sonicroyel:

This is quite harsh.. he's selling out his tours so I just think this album wasn't for you maybe
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Niggmatic: 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
MartinsD12:

The album is wack already this is medicine after death , even the lyrics is not rich again like oma lay used to , fact is oma lay relaxed he didn't put hardwork on this album, I have all the songs I play them it was boring thinking of deleting them I still have omah Lay 2020 songs I can't compare the creativity with this new album is wack.

I agree with you to an extent that it might not be up to the 2020, but I don't think that the album is completely wack.
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by MartinsD12(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Niggmatic:

I agree with you to an extent that it might not be up to the 2020, but I don't think that the album is completely wack.
grin it's wack abegi case closed.
Re: A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz by Arizoner: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2022
Amaballer:
Well it is very very easy to sit in your comfort zone and criticize a body of work that took that young man thousands of hours to put together.....niggas tell u how to drive ur Benz when they cannot even afford a civic, that's one of Loose kaynon's line and I've have seen his lyrics in reality. Una go come here dey claim Master producers and OG's in d game n u guys cannot even write a single verse...how about you do it if you think you're better. Nonsense. Mind you, his album is doing numbers, he is cashing out, touring round the world performing the so called album u criticize and you are still here on Naira land, broke as usual and still faceless. How about we show love to these guys, help push their numbers and create more platforms for upcoming artistes and stop hating.
are you a rap fan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC To NBC, Others: Ban Portable’s ‘Kuku Do Ritual' / Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult / Mr P (Peter Okoye) - Karma (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.