Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,514 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

��arsenal Vs Chelsea: Tuchel Shows Disappointment After 4-0 Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ��arsenal Vs Chelsea: Tuchel Shows Disappointment After 4-0 Defeat (294 Views)

Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester / Nigeria Vs France: How Super Falcons Could Still Qualify Despite 1-0 Defeat / Bayern Leverkusen Mocks Peter Cech After Arsenal 2-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

��arsenal Vs Chelsea: Tuchel Shows Disappointment After 4-0 Defeat by UnclesamBlogger(m): 10:15am On Jul 24, 2022
‘We were simply not good enough’: Thomas Tuchel SLAMS his Chelsea players after humiliating 4-0 defeat by Arsenal – and blames their ‘mental commitment’ after admitting doubts ahead of the upcoming season.

After Chelsea’s final match of their US tour, a 4-0 thrashing by Arsenal, Thomas Tuchel, who was incensed, revealed he doesn’t believe his team is prepared for the new season.

The German said, “We got absolutely beaten by a team that does not play Champions League football this season,” adding that he could “not name” the league champions Manchester City and second-placed Liverpool.

And following a disastrous night in Orlando, where his ineffective frontline once again struggled, he turned on his strikers, saying: “It’s the same players; why should anything change?”

As Chelsea lost 4-0 to Arsenal, Thomas Tuchel found it difficult to contain his wrath.

Gabriel Jesus and Martin Odegaard each scored once as the excellent Gunners led 2-0 at the interval. In front of over 64,000 spectators, Albert Sambi Lokonga’s late header and Bukayo Saka’s second-half tap-in combined to complete the defeat.

It ended a totally unimpressive tour in which Chelsea defeated Club America of Mexico in Las Vegas but lost to Charlotte FC of the Major League Soccer and Mikel Arteta’s rampaging team.

Tuchel, who has spent $47.5 million on Raheem Sterling and $34 million on Kalidou Koulibaly so far, cut a disgruntled figure.

With a brilliant performance in Orlando, Arsenal maintained their fantastic preseason streak.

Arsenal vs ChelseaArsenal vs Chelsea
On Wednesday night, he claimed Charlotte had displayed more bravery than Chelsea, and he once more questioned his side’s mindset in Florida.

We simply weren’t good enough, he claimed. “We were not at all competitive.” The level of commitment—both physically and mentally—is what worries me. Arsenal had a far greater score than we did.

When asked if he thought Chelsea would be prepared for the start of the upcoming season, which is in less than two weeks, he responded that he didn’t think so and claimed that some of his players were thinking about other things, including the futures of players like Timo Werner and Cesar Azpilicueta.

The Chelsea manager was clearly disappointed in his team after the Blues trailed 2-0 at the interval.
I can’t promise that, he added. Because many of our players are considering leaving and considering their choices, “(there was) a level of mental commitment that we lacked.”

As a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Roman Abramovich was the target of government sanctions, which he also discussed.

He claimed, “We were penalized, and players left us.” We are aware that some of our players are attempting to quit, and this is where it is.

Mason Mount helped Chelsea hit a post, but they rarely presented a threat.

Because the players are the same, why should anything alter? We will hopefully see improvement, but for the time being, the same players are causing the same problems.

Kalidou Koulibaly, the newest Chelsea player and the “best [Chelsea] player on the pitch,” impressed Tuchel.
At least Koulibaly playing little over 20 minutes satisfied Tuchel. He praised the former Napoli defender, saying, “He was the best player on the pitch for us.” “On a night when nothing felt right. This was incredibly satisfying.

However, he refuted arguments that preseason games weren’t significant. I don’t remember ever dropping a preseason game 4-0, he remarked. ‘I don’t recall ever having a preseason streak without a victory. A solid preseason in every way—atmosphere, feeling, performance, and belief—is something I highly value.

Tuchel noted that his team would put in a lot of effort over the next several days after they promptly took a flight back to London following the game.

We must offer solutions, he declared. Because it hurts right now, “Me and the coaching staff, together with the players, need to step up and find a way through this.”

Read more articles by clicking the link below

Re: ��arsenal Vs Chelsea: Tuchel Shows Disappointment After 4-0 Defeat by Soulsymbol99: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2022
Shey be una no wan buy striker ni? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Only Eight More Days Till The English Premier League Returns / Klopp: Nunez Was Provoked But I'll Speak To Him About 'wrong Reaction' Headbutt / Biggest Wins Ever In Premier League History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.