Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Am Turning 40 Soon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Turning 40 Soon (1412 Views)

How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? / Why Turning A Tomboy Or Tomgirl Is Self-Conflicting / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Turning 40 Soon by 11thGoldTREE: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
I'm turning 40 this year and I've decided it's time to truly LIVE and EXPERIENCE all life has to offer--well, around town anyway.
I can't continue holding on to the difficulties of life.

Anyone have any ideas for hobbies to take up? Fun activities? Things for men to do? I'm open-minded to (almost) any experience!

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by WhisperedNoise: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Happy birthday in advance, sir.
I never reach 40 o.

But I have discovered that life is only as good as the quality of people you surround yourself with.

My advice? Enjoy the little moments. Life is but a shadow

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by superCleanworks(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
11thGoldTREE:
I'm turning 40 this year and I've decided it's time to truly LIVE and EXPERIENCE all life has to offer--well, around town anyway.

Anyone have any ideas for hobbies to take up? Fun activities? Things for men to do? I'm open-minded to (almost) any experience!

Thanks

buy a pet cobra. i heard it is fun and challenging. good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Ok12345(f): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Start travelling all around the world.

That's my plan before 40 tho

Build just one or two houses, then train my children, use the remaining money to travel around the world.
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
You love sports? Golf, badminton, table and lawn tennis won't be a bad idea.

Gym classes is also another option.

You could opt for mentorship for the younger generation.

Make a commitement to an orphanage home. Not necessarily financial. See of what value you can be to them.
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by LogicBomb8: 1:56am On Jul 25, 2022
11thGoldTREE:

Thanks
HBD in addy any regrets any advice?
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jul 25, 2022
11thGoldTREE:

Thanks
If you live in Nigeria, consider gardening (container, backyard, or even indoor) and raising Animals for food. undecided
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Richy4(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Gym.. outdoor activities like running in the evenings cool...

Do not be afraid of midlife crisis, it's just a number.. 40 is the newest 20 smiley..
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Acidosis(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2022
Ok12345:
Start travelling all around the world.

That's my plan before 40 tho

Build just one or two houses, then train my children, use the remaining money to travel around the world.

All these before 40?

I hope you're currently in your early twenties, saving at least 200k per month (if you work in Nigeria)?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by legionISproteus: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
Richy4:
grin grin grin grin
Gym.. outdoor activities like running in the evenings cool...

Do not be afraid of midlife crisis, it's just a number.. 40 is the newest 20 smiley..
which kain lie be that? You can never compare your 40s to your 20s
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
11thGoldTREE:

Thanks
Cinemas, sight seeing, museums and art galleries, parks and beaches (the private ones, not the olosho and weed smoking riff raff infested public ones)
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by GloriousGbola: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
If there is high disposable income, get a man cave. 70 inch TV, game consoles, media server, surround sound system

Faff off in style
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Richy4(m): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
legionISproteus:
which kain lie be that? You can never compare your 40s to your 20s

You won't understand smiley
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Omoluabi16(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ishilove:

Cinemas, sight seeing, museums and art galleries, parks and beaches (the private ones, not the olosho and weed smoking riff raff infested public ones)
Correct. There's more to life than chicken, ice cream and shawarma or drinkss. Very few people appreciate nature parks and beaches.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by GboyegaD(m): 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Learn to live life a day at a time. See challenges/troubles from a different perspective. During downtime, remind yourself it is a phase and it surely will pass like every other one from the past.

Above all, be intentional.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Ishilove: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Correct. There's more to life than chicken, ice cream and shawarma or drinkss. Very few people appreciate nature parks and beaches.
We lead such noisy lives. I don't know how people cope with the constant noise. Human beings need to connect with nature once in a while and leave artificial things behind
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by DIAMANTE1759: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
superCleanworks:

buy a pet cobra. i heard it is fun and challenging. good luck
lol...u try
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by legionISproteus: 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Richy4:

You won't understand smiley

Yea- i don't understand it the way you do. 40s can never be compared to your 20s
Re: I Am Turning 40 Soon by Introvertedgirl(f): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2022
11thGoldTREE:

Thanks
You could consider going on a food tour to try out the cuisines of other cultures

You could learn a sport

You could try a mountain hike with friends

You could visit a resort. Peaceful/romantic getaway

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please, Was She Truly Genuine About Her Intensions With This Act? / How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? / Best Thing You Ever Did For Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.