Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD (18778 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by jogsman01(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:

There's no way they'll burn 2 million Naira on diesel daily in that hospital unless they're using 30 Generators.
as if dem wan power whole of Maiduguri with 30 generators. Craze world grin
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Phock2sweet: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:
If this Facebook reportage is true....then i smell big lies.....#67 million for diesel even @#2k per litre is not defendable....SMH @how corruption is now a game and norm in every strata of public position in Nigeria.

I'm already managing a large number of people(over 10k) and we are apolitical....so you don't know me....how do you choose to justify a glaring scam shows your kind of mindset ....please change it....we need to have the right approach to issues like this. What is wrong is wrong no two ways about it.

Just imagine that...over 2million naira daily! SMH.

Imagine.....how do you guys justify these scams? Next time read and comprehend ......yours is 3m monthly not daily.

Imagine same peeps that will cry that we have bad leadership justifying such nonsense.

What is wrong with you....

You just made my day....Incase you don't mind if you are interested or have someone interested in earning @least $5 daily online via a Digital Skill kindly indicate by quoting me I'm offering you a slot for a free mentorship to that....Remain blessed.

Lolz I don't do monthly I earn daily....it was just an offer not a compulsion reason I included if you have someone with a mind that $5 daily might not be an income bar you want....howbeit having multiple streams of income is key to financial freedom in these times....good to know your daily income is equivalent to how much I earn daily times 30days......It's good to be wealthy....Lolz

Reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile to see if you'll be eligible.

Sorry your moniker is discouraging..lolz

@Seniorwriter
I dey ur dm
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by onatisi(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
lansile:

100 Obi's can't help Nigeria out of this mess. Just like the past and present government, no one will support the move for what Nigeria needs now to get out of impending socioeconomic catastrophe. Our leaders have drove this country into the mines field and I don't see any government other than military government with capacity to declare a state of emergency on economy and our senseless constitution that binds us together with those whom our togetherness is hurting us all. Ask yourself, will mere Obi being the president write off our debts? We were just told that our revenue is less than amount needed to service debt.
I just wish I can wake up and discover that everything has only been happening in my dream. The hospital Cheif might have added something to the money but I don't think it's much. We don't have electricity supplies thanks to the GENCOS (FRAUDCOS) , and hospital need uninterrupted power supply and considering diesel is above N600 per litre, how much will they spend daily? Definitely far above N1m. This is where we are in this failing country. May Almighty God help us all.

Honestly I don't even know why Any sane person will want to be the president of Nigeria. The problems buhari will leave behind ,ppl will put the frustrations and blame on the incoming govt. There is no magic that any one can do, naija is in for for some tough years ahead. Buhari has finished this country. Any solution to rectify the problem will come with some serious hardships on Nigerians
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Corto: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by EdoBoy90(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
How wish they would give some of you such
to run, as diesel cost, you will pay with your money.

Working in a place, each diesel generator, Cummins or CAT uses nothing less than 3000 litres per day. These ones don't run frequently since they are to support the main GEN when the load is very high. One even used more than 5000 litres per day on 24 hrs operation.

So, the Professor might be right.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Ulunne777(f): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Scammers.
That's about 2000plus liters of diesel at 900 everyday.
Onye oshi ka I bu CMD
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by indigenous234(f): 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
For real, the comments I read here justifying this blatant stealing is mind bugging. Are those that make these comments humans or some machines?. If you are human, and you support this APC government married to corruption under whatever guise, be it political, tribal, religious, social, even if you are paid to defend the APC and PDP sef. Under this terrible living conditions in Nigeria, you still get mind dey support these people, when you have a better choice, Ogun must kill you ohh.

What nonsense!!!!
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by aniolat(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:
If this Facebook reportage is true....then i smell big lies.....#67 million for diesel even @#2k per litre is not defendable....SMH @how corruption is now a game and norm in every strata of public position in Nigeria.

I'm already managing a large number of people(over 10k) and we are apolitical....so you don't know me....how do you choose to justify a glaring scam shows your kind of mindset ....please change it....we need to have the right approach to issues like this. What is wrong is wrong no two ways about it.

Imagine.....how do you guys justify these scams? Next time read and comprehend ......yours is 3m monthly not daily.

Imagine same peeps that will cry that we have bad leadership justifying such nonsense.

You just made my day....Incase you don't mind if you are interested or have someone interested in earning @least $5 daily online via a Digital Skill kindly indicate by quoting me I'm offering you a slot for a free mentorship to that....Remain blessed.

Lolz I don't do monthly I earn daily....it was just an offer not a compulsion reason I included if you have someone with a mind that $5 daily might not be an income bar you want....howbeit having multiple streams of income is key to financial freedom in these times....good to know your daily income is equivalent to how much I earn daily times 30days......It's good to be wealthy....Lolz

Done sir

Your choice....

@Seniorwriter
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by specialmati(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
lansile:

100 Obi's can't help Nigeria out of this mess. Just like the past and present government, no one will support the move for what Nigeria needs now to get out of impending socioeconomic catastrophe. Our leaders have drove this country into the mines field and I don't see any government other than military government with capacity to declare a state of emergency on economy and our senseless constitution that binds us together with those whom our togetherness is hurting us all. Ask yourself, will mere Obi being the president write off our debts? We were just told that our revenue is less than amount needed to service debt.
I just wish I can wake up and discover that everything has only been happening in my dream. The hospital Cheif might have added something to the money but I don't think it's much. We don't have electricity supplies thanks to the GENCOS (FRAUDCOS) , and hospital need uninterrupted power supply and considering diesel is above N600 per litre, how much will they spend daily? Definitely far above N1m. This is where we are in this failing country. May Almighty God help us all.
cool cool cool cool I get your point but we can't vote those old corrupt money bags. We vote Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by okoroemeka(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
N2,000,000 / 850 = 2352 liters of diesel daily.

2352 / 4 liters = 588 gallons of diesel.

588 gallons / 42 gallons = 14 drums of diesel

So the hospital uses approximately 14 drums of diesels everyday. How many generators? What's the capacity and run time of each generator?

I smell a huge scam!

/
let's assume they are using a 500kva generator which is massive and unlikely,the hourly consumption is 75ltrs and 24 hrs is 1800 ltrs,which is also unlikely it will run for 24 hrs,so you are right if you smell a scam,the highest they can use there is 200-250kva generator,that director is the prime example of what is wrong with nigeria,he could simply reduce the wastage by 50-60% by running the bigger gen for 12 hrs during working hours at peak demand which will cost 900 ltrs@#850/ltr will be roughly #770k,he will then use a smaller 60kva gen at off peak demand period for 12 hrs at night just for lights and emergency which will cost 216ltrs@#850/ltrs is #184k,the total which will be #29 million monthly saving him #32 million every month.he should think out of the box.

3 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by 18wheeler: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
Obviously inflated but men… we are really hearing it up here. My last diesel order was @ 810 naira/ltr, Maiduguri price. My office uses about 2000ltrs monthly alternating 2 100kva generators for average of 8hrs daily. It’s the largest single cost item and almost erodes all income made for the month. SMH
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by meetgaya: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
The amount spent since January 2021 would have built a mega solar power that can supply the entire Maiduguri with so much sunshine in the region but my brothers from the North prefer buying diesel so that they can chop from it and their families and friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by yusuyo: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Is Nigeria working as a country?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Flier: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Your choice....

@Seniorwriter
I spend 12 million on diesel monthly powering just 80% of my machines so I am sure this 67 million wont even power the hostel and tonnes of buildings in the school anytime the light is off,this country is a very useless country.Buy generator before you even go into manufacturing business and ready to be a chronic debtor because 80% of your profit will go into fueling generator
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by legba1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is a blatant lie.... Mr CMD is embezzling money...there's no way you can tell me you are consuming 2million naira worth of diesel per day.....

And to everyone lending credence to this bogus corruption laden claims,we know una type..
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Simeonjoe1: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:

I'm surprised you guys are justifying this scam.

Say diesel is N800 per liter. So, you mean the hospital exhaust about 2,500 litres of diesel everyday? On how many Generators?

Well I would look at the statistics if I was you.
For example you asked how many generators? Note that this teaching hospitals have more than 5 of these large mikano gen. In the teaching hospital here I can count more than 7 that I'm aware of them which shows that the 2500 liter is not for only one gen. Now this gen. consumes a lot of diesel eg a 300kv mikano consumes about 30l per hr, now imagine about 7 consuming 30l per hr and you have to put then on in 24hrs. My hospital here is even 12hr+ some other places might be more.
7×12×30=2520 be even might be more as we don't know how many gen they have and how many hrs they'll have to put them on.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Simeonjoe1: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
Osyxcel:

A lot of people are ignorant because they do not have experience with such systems.

Let them be, about last year the cmd of a teaching hospital was complaining they spent 30mil+ monthly for power. Now imagine the hike in fuel prices that's almost ×2

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Simeonjoe1: 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
twilliamx:
67m x 12=804,000,000 a year. This amount of money should be enough for an independent power project for the school.. Na wa

Explain more what kind of independent power are you talking of?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Simeonjoe1: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
07kjb:

Seems u don't know what 100liters of diesel is

It means 2 fifty full CANS OF DIESEL, HOW CAN A SOUND PROOF FINISH THAT IN 24HOURS?

Baba go grind your pepper engine this discussion is clearly not for you.
grin angry equating 300kv generator that consumes 30l per hr to a 20kv generator
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Federalofficia(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
grin grin grin na the whole of Maiduguri then day use the generator power with 20 million maximum I sure them fit generate better sollar power or even any other means of power apart from generator later then go say na only politicians corrupt no be ona they teach then now,
BOOKWORMLUX:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/793502180736117/posts/5458981117521510/?flite=scwspnss
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Sucolee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
This one loud o.....sha na 2million diesel them dey buy everyday....
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Simeonjoe1: 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
onatisi:

Honestly I don't even know why Any sane person will want to be the president of Nigeria. The problems buhari will leave behind ,ppl will put the frustrations and blame on the incoming govt. There is no magic that any one can do, naija is in for for some tough years ahead. Buhari has finished this country. Any solution to rectify the problem will come with some serious hardships on Nigerians

And here the problem lies. Nigeria has finished long even before buhari. Jonathan dey borrow to pay salary, obasanjo dey deal with 8+ month assu with dilapidated infrastructure. Military regime dey siphon our money. Maybe you're just waking up this country is long gone
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by cp3o: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:

I'm surprised you guys are justifying this scam.

Say diesel is N800 per liter. So, you mean the hospital exhaust about 2,500 litres of diesel everyday? On how many Generators?

They are not willing to be honest. This attitude is everywhere. Most folks are generous with governor money, Father Christmas mode. Not up to 15 percent of the allocation plus revenue accruing to each MDA is used for genuine purposes. 85 plus percent goes down the drain.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by mzeepositive: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
My Alma mater
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by mickyeddi(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
So they can't install solar panels??
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Fabians009(m): 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
Interested
Seniorwriter:

@Seniorwriter
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by emmaak2(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Osyxcel:

100 ltrs for a generator for 24 hrs?

Are we talking about 15 or 20kva generator here?

He said 5 generators
100 litres each can run 24hra for all of them Sir
500 litres daily
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Milito: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
07kjb:

How many plants are you powering with 2000litres of diesel in 24hours

A sandproof that consumed 100liters of diesel within 24hrs should be faulty

Sound proof of what size? You need to be thorough and not just be talking for talking sake.

If I run my 100KVA for 24hrs, I use almost 300 litres.

Compare this to a Teaching Hospital that may be running a 1,000KVA plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Milito: 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
07kjb:

Seems u don't know what 100liters of diesel is

It means 2 fifty full CANS OF DIESEL, HOW CAN A SOUND PROOF FINISH THAT IN 24HOURS?

Do you even have any experience with diesel generators? This one you are just talking soundproof up and down.

Its the size of the generator and the load that matters. Not sound proof or no sound proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Milito: 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
EdoBoy90:
How wish they would give some of you such
to run, as diesel cost, you will pay with your money.

Working in a place, each diesel generator, Cummins or CAT uses nothing less than 3000 litres per day. These ones don't run frequently since they are to support the main GEN when the load is very high. One even used more than 5000 litres per day on 24 hrs operation.

So, the Professor might be right.

Don't mind all the ignorant people

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Fabians009(m): 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Abeg you do maths. So for 24hrs na how many litres the 300kva go chop, and its equivalent in money too for the 24hrs. Tell us. Thanks
Simeonjoe1:

Baba go grind your pepper engine this discussion is clearly not for you.
grin angry equating 300kv generator that consumes 30l per hr to a 20kv generator
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Milito: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
emmaak2:

He said 5 generators
100 litres each can run 24hra for all of them Sir
500 litres daily

It depends on the size of the generators.

All generators do not consume same fuel, just the same way a Landcruiser Prado vs Toyota Corolla vs Keke Marwa differs in fuel consumption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2013 Cowbell Mathematics Competition (download Past Questions, Entry Form Etc / UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing / Nigerian Universities Sell Bread And Bottle Water To Survive - MAUTECH VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.