Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President (11130 Views)

Vice President Kashim Shetima, NSA & Chief Of Defense Staff Visit Jos / Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters / Joe Biden With Kashim Shetima Tinubu Running Mate-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by iSense247: 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kashim Shettima, the vice-presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, on Sunday said he would defend his Islamic religion if elected.

Mr Shettima, whose selection by Bola Tinubu has polarised Nigeria along religious lines, said he had been under pressure to speak on his position about the role of Islam if elected.

Read Mr Shettima’s Facebook post in full below:

I have received many messages on a post going around on social media saying I will not support Islam if I become the vice president of Nigeria.

It seems the person who wrote that post had a bad intention or lack of understanding of the English language that was interviewed, and the environment of this statement I made.

What I said in that interview with Channels TV is similar to Islam’s stand on leadership, as religious scholars know. Even in Islamic system the leader is for all, and he is expected to be fair to all without harming any part.

Jews and victory have lived under the rule of Muslims since the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and in peace without harm. This is what Islam taught us.

Also as a Muslim I will never accept anything that will harm my religion whether I am in government or not

And if I am in government I must ensure I protect the dignity of all and ensure that every citizen is not treated unfairly or harmed. So I will not look forward to oppressing my religion, or to oppress another person because of his religion. This is the teaching of religion, and it is my stand.

''Anyone interested can watch the video of my interview with Channels TV just to confirm that the post is not matching what I said.''
https://gazettengr.com/ill-defend-islam-respect-other-faiths-if-elected-vice-president-kashim-shettima/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by godofuck231: 11:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Perfect , you should go rear cattle and fvck your goats you have lost already

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by derecho(m): 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
The point is, you'd do that outside ASO Rock.
Chibok won't repeat itself again..NEVER

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Kingspin(m): 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nobody in Nigeria is destroying Islam rather Islam are destroying themselves in the name of fighting for the gods.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Obojuju: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
ShiTtima is actually saying he will defend boko haram if elected. Say NO to Evil APC party!

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by MadeInTokyo: 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Another political own goal again by the unrepentant janja-weed Jihadist Shettimma
Even Tinubu will be ashamed of Shettimma making such Statement at this time every where is religiously tensed

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Moh247: 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
grin

Sense will not kill Tinubu

Shetima would soon start forming Supreme Muslim leader in the North and they would negotiate with him their interest In governance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by MadeInTokyo: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
Moh247:
grin

Shetima would soon start forming Supreme Muslim leader in the North and they would negotiate with him their interest In governance

Another confused politically naive and ignorant south west Tinubu supporter, if u think the majority Fulani/ Hausa will accept any other northern tribe as their Supreme Islamic leader, then u need to go for mental evaluation, Shettimma (a minority Kanuri Northerner) to be supreme Islamic Leader in the north above the majority Fulani/hausa?
They will Lynch and set u ablaze you , if you make such Statement in the North.
Go ask about Northern ethno-religious politics and history before typing thrash from ur mud house

15 Likes

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Racoon(m): 11:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yeah! After all, that is the subtle motive of the Muslim-Muslim ticket to ensure Boko Haram gain more grounds but it is going to fail.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by ospido: 11:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Is this an issue based campaign?

I wanna know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Racoon(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
Moh247:
Sense will not kill Tinubu.Shetima would soon start forming Supreme Muslim leader in the North and they would negotiate with him their interest In governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Arysexy(m): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bokoharam, you won't smell that seat

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by iSense247: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
[s]
Moh247:
grin

[/s] Sprewing gibberishes and baddadesh. Tinubu can never become our president. No to Druggie-Terrorist ticket. No to islamisation agenda.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Moh247: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
MadeInTokyo:

Another confused political naive and ignorant naive south west Tinubu Zombie, if u think the majority Fulani/ Hausa will accept any other northern tribe as their Islamic leader, then u need to go for mental evaluation, Shettimma (a minority Kanuri Northerner) to be supreme Islamic Leader in the north above the majority Fulani/hausa? u brain is definitely contaminated with radioactive waste. Go ask about Northern politics be typing thrash from ur south west mud house

If you want to engage in Political section learn political terrain before you goof

Check Kanuri/Hausa/ Fulani/Nupe/Gwari population and come back to answer yourself

And do not lump Hausa and Fulanis together

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Why playing religious politics?

We need someone that can defend both Christianity and Islam and make us look as one.

Fortunately we found that in Obi-Datti.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by MadeInTokyo: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
Moh247:

If you want to engage in Political section learn political terrain before you goof

Check Kanuri/Hausa/ Fulani/Nupe/Gwari population and come back to answer yourself
Stop twisting the obvious , no need of too much arguments and rabble rousing Go back to the North and sample polls on who people want to vote or call anybody who is based in the North and ask who is the most talked about Presidential candidate in the North, u will know Tinubu is fighting a lost battle in the North West and North East. Shettimma is a minority Kanuri, who has no political influence outside the two Kanuri dominated North East states of Borno and Yobe.those are the only two states he will deliver for Tinubu in the North East as a minority Kanuri man ---Quote this post

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by iSense247: 12:02am On Jul 25, 2022
Moh247:

Your ignorance in bigotry is nauseating. I laugh when people say that Muslim/Muslim ticket is not bad. A case study should be Kaduna State, how government backed islamic terrorists are dealing with Southern Kaduna people under a Muslim/Muslim administration.

For the headslammers that think it doesn't bother them because they are also muslims. I'll need to remind you that it is not only the Christians who are feeling the heat, the security situation in Kaduna has totally degenerated. Hell Rufai has given a free hand to all terrorists to operate, kidnap and kill people with reckless abandon and police are not permitted to prevent, investigate or arrest them.

If Tinubu is rigged in with a Muslim/Muslim ticket using soldiers and INEC, those of you in the South would think twice before you travel to your home state because bandits will police all the major roads in the South.

Most of you here do not see beyond a day, you do not think things ahead of time. You just do things blindly just for the moment. I hope you won't regret it later.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2022
cheesy grin
Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by MadeInTokyo: 12:15am On Jul 25, 2022
Moh247:

You want to talk about Kanuri population in the North, find it below, before you come to spew thrash always come with u irrefutable facts and evidence , when coming to a political argument.
Tinubu by virtue of Shettimma a minority Kanuri man as his Vice Presidential candidate can not and will never get more votes than Atiku a Majority Hausa/ Fulani man in the North---The earlier you and your other politically and ethno-religiously ignorant Tinubu supporters accept this cold hard fact before the Presidential election results are being on announced out on National TV in February 2023 , the earlier and more reduced the heartbreaks, wailing and lamentations you guys will experience over the results.

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel/kanuri-bornus-most-dominant-culture/s2e7f1v

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/1-Nigerian-ethnic-groups_tbl1_265677592

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by iSense247: 12:31am On Jul 25, 2022
Moh247
You can't surpport APC without sounding stupid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Nackzy: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2022
Story
Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by UselessBuharist: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2022
How can a Muslim extremist defend other religions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Brendaniel: 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
The way you kidnapped over 200 Christian chibok girls and you safe housed the Catholic Church bomber in your lodge...

Oga, tell us another lie

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Who you de whine?
You think we Christians are a children to you abi?
Same way El Rufai Muslim Muslim ticket have defended southern kaduna when you are even more dogmatic than El Rufai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by hisexcellency34: 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Why not kukuma convert to Christianity? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Obidatti2023s(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Run ooooo!!! Lies from the pit of hell. A Muslim will never defend any other religion aside Islam. We have seen countless times and we have learned our lessons

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2022
If it is too good to be true, it SURELY is in this case.
No one has the power to protect a religion. Religion protects people.

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by Downey(f): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2022
If you take one hour or two Hours each day learning Coding for 3 months...l think you've just did yourself a great favour of Life. Instead of watching one immorality show call BB naija!

3 Likes

Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by omowolewa: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2022
Defend me
Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by kenedy175(m): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2022
grin
Re: Kashim Shetima: I Will Defend Every Religion If Elected Vice-President by butterfly777(m): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2022
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Denies Threatening Workers With Pay Cut For Obeying Ipob’s Order / Who? Is Best Governor South - East Nigeria / Funds Diversion: Adesola Amosu Holds Plea Bargain Talks With EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.