Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Boarding Schools Should Be Banned - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding Schools Should Be Banned (3493 Views)

UK Boarding Schools Storm Nigeria In January / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2022
Days of having one school for what will pass for an entire region are over as there is no shortages of schools.

Other than the real danger of terrorist and criminal gangs targeting boarding schools to abduct children there is also the need for parents to have a hands on approach in seeing not only to their kids educational development by engaging them in their school work but also in much needed critical parental guidance in those very critical character defining teenage years.

All manner of vice are available to boarding students these days from exposure to drugs , sexual deviancy and degenerate behaviour like homosexuality and lesbianism. How parents will outsource the moral upbringing of their kids to a handful of paid educators with zero training in mentoring adolescent teenagers is beyond belief..

Other than military schools, I don't see what reason there is to allow for boarding schooling. Seminary schools should be outrightly banned as those places are dens of homosexual grooming akin to prison yards. The homosexual degeneracy that is prevalent in both the north and east is tied to these so-called religious establishments in the form of almajiri free roaming education and Catholic gay centers known as seminary schools. Come to think of it, does the seminary has any thing to do with semen or seminal fluid?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2022
Abi undecided
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Ready100: 8:37am On Jul 25, 2022
The factors affecting it should be banned, not the school itself.

if you ban boarding school, will that stop gunmen's? .. hell No.

any way, ... my advice to youth is to start bombing
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2022
Ready100:

I am talking beyond the new fad of Terrorists and criminals raiding these establishments to abduct kids.

If you read my piece to the end you will see where I am talking about the absence of moral guidance and protection from parents to their kids.

Virtually all the wicked bastatds that have been in substantive positions in Nigeria attended these gladiator schools where seniors oppress their juniors.

The "wait your turn" syndrome is a hallmark of boarding house pecking order which these bastards still think they are entitled to every authority and first juicy pickings.

This has created an over bloated elitist class that is united in both embezzling our wealth and suppressing anyone below their lizard perch who calls them out for being the selfish narrow myopic minded bastards that they are.

Do you think this has no bearing on the very insensitive and zero empathy these our broken so-called leaders portray?..

Govt college Bida which most of these northerners attended is notorious as a gay grooming center. Do you think a child abused at such an early age won't display psychotic behaviour like our so-called leaders of today and in the past?.

4 Likes

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by YeyeGbami: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2022
Uhmm
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Ready100: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

I am talking beyond the new fad of Terrorists and criminals raiding these establishments to abduct kids.

If you read my piece to the end you will see where I am talking about the absence of moral guidance and protection from parents to their kids.

Virtually all the wicked bastatds that have been in substantive positions in Nigeria attended these gladiator schools where seniors oppress their juniors.

The "wait your turn" syndrome is a hallmark of boarding house pecking order which these bastards still think they are entitled to every authority and first juicy pickings.

This has created an over bloated elitist class that is united in both embezzling our wealth and suppressing anyone below their lizard perch who calls them out for being the selfish narrow myopic minded bastards that they are.

Do you think this has no bearing on the very insensitive and zero empathy these our broken so-called leaders portray?..

Govt college Bida which most of these northerners attended is notorious as a gay grooming center. Do you think a child abused at such an early age won't display psychotic behaviour like our so-called leaders of today and in the past?.

I personally think that's up to you.

the unemployment rate in this country is going up every blessed day.....

you wanna add to it ?
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 9:01am On Jul 25, 2022
Ready100:

I personally think that's up to you.

the unemployment rate in this country is going up every blessed day.....

you wanna add to it ?

Who is saying the schools should be shutdown outrightly?

They should just not be allowed to have boarding facilities .
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by hisgrace090: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2022
Ready100:

Banning them will be of great help as the people manning this schools will never care.
Children should go to school and go back home daily no more.

3 Likes

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Ready100: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

okay ooo..
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Ready100: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

1 Like

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=Ready100 post=115065164][/quote]

I said boarding schools must be banned...

They can transform to day school.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2022
Yeah man. I can't marry a girl who attended a girls only boarding school. I no fit keep undercover lesbo for house.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by SUPERPACK: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

I said boarding schools must be banned...

They can transform to day school.
All the excuses you base your reason on is also obtainable in day schools too. We still see cultism, sexual escapades, bullying, seniority, obtaining by force etc. Should we close all the day schools too?

Can we also close all night clubs in town because criminals are usually found there?

5 Likes

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2022
SUPERPACK:
All the excuses you base your reason on is also obtainable in day schools too. We still see cultism, sexual escapades, bullying, seniority, obtaining by force etc. Should we close all the day schools too?

Can we also close all night clubs in town because criminals are usually found there?

That is a failure of parental upbringing .

Normally such neglect would warrant state sanction on the parents for their child's waywardness.

Why should schools be responsible for moral upbringing? That's the job of the parents.

This discussion is ongoing in the US with parents at loggerheads with school district boards introducing deviant homosexual and LGBTQ+ grooming plus satanic communist indoctrination in the form of CRT.

The parents want the teachers to hands off on any moral, sexual or political indoctrination.

No school no matter how strict and disciplinarian can impact moral teachings in a child . only a loving caring parent can do that assigned job.

Boarding schools are outdated, and not useful in today's degenerate society .

1 Like

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Lol

sometimes you can learn agric farming
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by YourFavorite21(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2022
Na for boarding school wey I spoil patapata, thank God say I later got delivered if not hmm.

1 Like

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by kevoh(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2022
There are not even enough secondary schools in Nigeria and one dolt on Nairaland is agitating for the ban of boarding schools! angry angry We need more Secondary schools whether boarding, vocational or even just normal day schools.

You can't throw the baby out with the bath water. The ready made solution to Nigerian problem is ban! BAN! BAN! BAN! No critical thought is put into culling vices just ban! Tufiakwa! angry

Direct your anger at parents who have failed to instill good morals in their children.

Direct your anger at the Ministry of education who have done nothing to regulate the administration of boarding schools.

Direct your anger at Ministry of Youths/sports who have done nothing to encourage sporting activities in secondary schools.

Direct your anger at the Federal Government who provide next to nothing as budget for education.

2 Likes

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Randy100: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2022
Gibberish. I am a product of boarding school. I went to all Catholic boys secondary school, it was one of the best thing that ever happened to me. I was moulded to be discipline, patient and adapt to all life situations. I thank my parents for that. I am going to see that my children equally enjoy such.

3 Likes

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by blaquebelle: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2022
Boarding school serves as a relief for busy parents. For such parents, whether the kids are in day school or not, it is clear that they still won't have time to be attentive to the child's upbringing.

I don't blame them though. Making money for the family is getting harder by the day in this economy.

I think the only solution is vetting the school properly to make sure they enforce strict discipline before placing your kids in boarding schools.

1 Like

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Moh247: 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Many people have kids they can't care for due to time factor

I know a couple, with 3 kids, two are in a boarding school, the other one is joining soon

The husband is a Naval Officer while the wife is a doctor in a federal teaching hospital
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2022
Moh247:
Many people have kids they can't care for due to time factor

I know a couple, with 3 kids, two are in a boarding school, the other one is joining soon

The husband is a Naval Officer while the wife is a doctor in a federal teaching hospital

If they can't make the time to train their kids then they ought not to have them in the first place .
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Moh247: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

If they can't make the time to train their kids then they ought not to have them in the first place .

Now they have them already and Boarding school seem to be serving them quite well
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
blaquebelle:
Boarding school serves as a relief for busy parents. For such parents, whether the kids are in day school or not, it is clear that they still won't have time to be attentive to the child's upbringing.

I don't blame them though. Making money for the family is getting harder by the day in this economy.

I think the only solution is vetting the school properly to make sure they enforce strict discipline before placing your kids in boarding schools.

Most kids in boarding schools are in secondary school which makes them teenagers.

Teenagers are not babies that need 24/7 attention.

Will the parents not return home from work?

Oh are they sleeping in their place of work?

Even if they leave home at 5am and return by 10pm they can not feign tiredness and go straight to bed without checking in on their kids.

You can monitor your teenage child with ease these days from simple phone communication..

The cost of sending your child to boarding house is far less than having a trusted driver taking them to and back from school.

Parents can easily checkin with the school authorities with a simple phone call to know if the child is in school. Getting a help that doesn't stay and who will prepare their food and do nanny duties until the parents return from work.

The risks and hypertension related to having your kids in an unsecured school environment in these climes is not worth any useless gain.

If they kidnap their kids and demand 100milliin what is the gain? And you know what they do to females whom they abduct.

It is pure foolishness and outright irresponsible to send your kids to boarding house given the current security climate.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Moh247: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
DeepThroater:

Most kids in boarding schools are in secondary school which makes them teenagers.

Teenagers are not babies that need 24/7 attention.

Will the parents not return home from work?

Oh are they sleeping in their place of work?

Even if they leave home at 5am and return by 10pm they can not feign tiredness and go straight to bed without checking in on their kids.

You can monitor your teenage child with ease these days from simple phone communication..

The cost of sending your child to boarding house is far less than having a trusted driver taking them to and back from school.

Parents can easily checkin with the school authorities with a simple phone call to know if the child is in school. Getting a help that doesn't stay and who will prepare their food and do nanny duties until the parents return from work.

The risks and hypertension related to having your kids in an unsecured school environment in these climes is not worth any useless gain.

If they kidnap their kids and demand 100milliin what is the gain? And you know what they do to females whom they abduct.

It is pure foolishness and outright irresponsible to send your kids to boarding house given the current security climate.

If we ban boarding school, what should we do to Orphanage homes, and homes for children with special needs
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Moh247:

If we ban boarding school, what should we do to Orphanage homes, and homes for children with special needs

Are they the same thing?

You are comparing oranges to apples.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Georgekyrian(m): 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
I’m a product of boarding school, Junior secondary is Seminary and senior secondary in mission school. Is the best thing that happened to me.
Only once had someone- a seminarian in my ss2 (na me find trouble, because he can always dash and buy me gift till after that day which I stopped) made homosexual advance to me and I rejected with full force.. well I’m handsome but kind of introvert and also too strong to reject what I hate. Blame those moral failure on parents.
maybe I will say thanks to those sweet Auntys that molested me from tender age At a time life made me stronger
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Mide1data: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
You guys always run away from the problem rather than facing it.
The kids are wayward, ok. It is left to the boarding school to mange that.

How many times have the student been spoken to about sex? Some of this things are what you ignore but you expect the kids to be good overnight.

On the issue of homosexuality, it's inevitable. The best you can do is to ban single school.

I'am also a product of boarding sch, DLHS IB to be precise.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by 11thGoldTREE: 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
ASSU is on strike. who dem still dey kidnap
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Mercury12(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
Supported
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by Richy4(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
<<Instead of looking at the remote cause of a problem and see if that could be remedied, u are looking at it in an outrageous direction...

<<Nigeria have an insecurity problem.. what are the leaders doing about it? What are the government doing to secure citizens and their properties?

<< We read online every now and then how terrorists kidnapped citizens.. some on public transport, some in their villages.. that basically got nothing to do with boarding school right?..do we now ban people from staying in their villages because it exposes them to terrorists... Or maybe rail means of transportation should be eradicated as well because terrorists targets it..ie if we have to follow your logic/ reasoning...

<< People taking hard drugs today in many Nigerian community and suburb are not only those that went to boarding school... Maybe you should do a good survey on smokers/ those that uses drugs... Include on the survey if they were day students or boarders in their secondary school days..it will give you a clear picture instead of assumptions..

<< There are parents today who relocated from one State to another eg from Lagos to Abuja... The basic challenge they face is accommodation.. if they find a good school first with boarding facility, enroll their children first before finding a decent accommodation for the whole family... that's always the main goal..

<<Some organisations in Abuja got staff quarters, sometimes it takes months before staff houses becomes available for them... But the parent won't have to worry about the inconvenience their children might suffer because they are already in boarding house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joy Ejikeme Displays Original Result From JAMB Portal / Anyone Looking To Get Into Unilag For Mba Or Msc? / Diff. B/w O'level & A'level Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.