Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) (2329 Views)

Logos And Graphics - Checkout Portfolio / . / Fine Artist In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by DisneyGirl: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2011
I'm a fine artist,3danimator and graphics designer.
I' looking for a job in Abuja. i'm a foreigner and i'm coming in September.
Any advice for certain companies or animation studios to send them my resume??
I'm hoping to find a job as a 3d animator (i use both Maya and 3d max.)
Help please,
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by PeterReezer: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2011
post some links to your work or video demos
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by jidesp(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
you can try Koga entertainment, IBST Media etc, you can just google them now, or if you needany help let me know, but truely, we need to see something
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by zPixel(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2011
send your portfolio to bhas@creativeworkforcegroup.com
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by realisticm: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
Whats your gender? how old are you? where do you live? and i would like to view your works, post your porfolio on here or send it to jamesparker2001@gmail.com
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by DisneyGirl: 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
thank you all for your replies
@zpixel and realisticm : I will send my resume
i'm trying to do an online portfolio (I have no great experience but I'm talented and willing to achieve something big in the 3d animation field)
then i will provide you its link too.

@ jidesp : these companies are based in lagos , I will be in Abuja sad

@ realisticm : female, 24, Abuja ( in september)
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
@DisneyGirl

There are few places in Abuja to get steady work as a 3D animator in Abuja. However I would recommend @zpixel's offer. I know he's someone who values animators so that's a good place to start and is focused on creating innovative projects. Which is quite difficult in the Nigerian context. We're not doing that much 3D work at our studios for now but feel free to drop by when you are in town. We're one of the few dedicated animation studios in Abuja.

All the best with your search.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by DisneyGirl: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2011
@adamuW, thnx a lot 4 yr reply , i have some problem in my visa that's why i'm late replyin' and sending my resume and work. Anyway, where r u located? I saw a part of bino and fino. Good job. Are u working in 2d animation only?
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2011
Thanks. We're in Abuja too. We do work both in 2D and 3D but we're focusing on the Bino and Fino project so we've been using mainly 2D methods.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by Aseye(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
hi zPixels & AdamuW, how is it goin?
just wanted to know if ur studio have room for graphic designers not necessarily animators but good at what they do or if you know of any outfit in abuja from print to advert firm. i'm lookin to relocate to abuja and wouldn't mind if you guys can help in recommending a good & sustainable job in abuja. let me knw if you would have me send u recent jobs have down, have some interesting brands to ma name already and a good portfolio to work with, thanks.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
Aseye:

hi zPixels & AdamuW, how is it goin?
just wanted to know if your studio have room for graphic designers not necessarily animators but good at what they do or if you know of any outfit in abuja from print to advert firm. i'm lookin to relocate to abuja and wouldn't mind if you guys can help in recommending a good & sustainable job in abuja. let me knw if you would have me send u recent jobs have down, have some interesting brands to ma name already and a good portfolio to work with, thanks.
Apologies for the late reply. It's been very hectic recently. We can't afford to have a graphic designer in house at the moment. Since we don't really deal with print, I don't of any companies that you could apply to in Abuja. I'll still keep thinking about it. Actually there's one company called Peshter that do printing that spring to mind. Google them. Of course there's the option to go freelance. AS it's Abuja, there are many international and government institutions you can pitch to as well.
Wish I could be of more help.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by melvi: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
@AdamuW.

Do you guys use ToonBoom for your animations?I am learning ToonBoom at the moment and I gather its the new industry standard with series like Fantastic Four,Avatar and some others.

I am working on a fan animation of Dead Fantasy.

You can see my animations here-

www.youtube.com/melviso1

Great work with Bino & Fino.It looks like cutout animation with animated bones.I am more into frame by frame.I am thinking of starting something soon with African superheros stuff.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Melvi Hi. I don't want to derail @Disnegirl's thread too much so I'll keep it short. I started a thread for the making of Bino and Fino. So I might bump that up again. But you are pretty much correct in your assessment of our technique for this project.

We know Toon Boom but haven't used it much. We're using Anime Studio, Adobe CS suite and some good old sketch books and crayons. We're fans of all types of animation. But I decided we use the collage cut out style for this animation for creative and logistical reasons.

Will check out your youtube page. All the best.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by boljmak: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
W.ADAMU to be sincere I appreciate your kind gesture on this post topic.Indid disneygirl will sure take a right step as soon as possible.Pls I'm also very proficient in 3D Architectural model and animation,graphics design,flash presentation.I use 3D studiomax,AutoCAD,revit,Artlantis,swissmax and lot.I am looking for a freelance work in abuja too.and If possible fulltime depends on negotiation.ThanksW.ADAMU to be sincere I appreciate your kind gesture on this post topic.Indid disneygirl will sure take a right step as soon as possible.Pls I'm also very proficient in 3D Architectural model and animation,graphics design,flash presentation.I use 3D studiomax,AutoCAD,revit,Artlantis,swissmax and lot.I am looking for a freelance work in abuja too.and If possible fulltime depends on negotiation.Thanks
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by Aseye(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
@AdamuW thank u very much, u've actuali bn of help & appreciate, wil check Peshter & any other contacts i can get, wish u guys d best.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by Etemma1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
@AdamuW, zpixels and the rest of guys. Please I just put up a new topic about my younger brother seeking part time job, he's a freelance graphic artist and 3d animator. He's pretty good. I have put up samples of some of his works for you guys to assess. Please any form of connection or help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2011
boljmak:

W.ADAMU to be sincere I appreciate your kind gesture on this post topic.Indid disneygirl will sure take a right step as soon as possible.Pls I'm also very proficient in 3D Architectural model and animation,graphics design,flash presentation.I use 3D studiomax,AutoCAD,revit,Artlantis,swissmax and lot.I am looking for a freelance work in abuja too.and If possible fulltime depends on negotiation.ThanksW.ADAMU to be sincere I appreciate your kind gesture on this post topic.Indid disneygirl will sure take a right step as soon as possible.Pls I'm also very proficient in 3D Architectural model and animation,graphics design,flash presentation.I use 3D studiomax,AutoCAD,revit,Artlantis,swissmax and lot.I am looking for a freelance work in abuja too.and If possible fulltime depends on negotiation.Thanks

Again apologies to @Disneygirl for the derailing of your post. Off head I guess your main targets should be architectural, engineering and maybe some real estate firms. I'd also check out @zpixel to see what he has to say. I have no issue with meeting you for an interview and assessing your work to see if we could use you in any way shape or form.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2011
Aseye:

@AdamuW thank u very much, u've actuali bn of help & appreciate, wil check Peshter & any other contacts i can get, wish u guys d best.
You're welcome. All the best.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2011
Etemma1:

@AdamuW, zpixels and the rest of guys. Please I just put up a new topic about my younger brother seeking part time job, he's a freelance graphic artist and 3d animator. He's pretty good. I have put up samples of some of his works for you guys to assess. Please any form of connection or help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys.
Where's the link to his work?
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by DisneyGirl: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
it's OK Adamuw i don't mind that my thread might help others aswell smiley
this job is a team work after all
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by AdamuW: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
DisneyGirl:

it's OK Adamuw i don't mind that my thread might help others aswell smiley
this job is a team work after all

That's good then. Looking forward to seeing you in Abuja.
Re: Help Please! (for A Fine Artist,3danimator And Graphics Designer) by DisneyGirl: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
zPixel:

send your portfolio to bhas@creativeworkforcegroup.com

I've been trying to reach you through this email, i think it's not working

(1) (Reply)

Photoshop: Check Out This Pics Of Me & Davido + Me, Phyno & Olamide / Wow!!!!!,amazing Drawing By Teenage Artist, Ibim Cookey / CAD Design Gallery (solidworks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.