Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police (20601 Views)

Peter Obi Decries Fake Media Reports Targeted To Discredit Him (Photos) / Labour Decries Worsening Power Supply Across Nigeria / Worsening Insecurity: Katsina Lawmakers Weep At Plenary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Asour: 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
ThrownBack:

None of them is in direct control of security, they all arrest and hand over to the police controlled by the IGP. We need a state government set up police that can buy and maintain their own full ammunition and can even use heave guns to protect their citizens

I'm not talking about what they do with criminals.
I'm talking about their Modus Operandi.

They can be equally corrupt and cult like.
Pray you don't experience them.

May God give us the best solution.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by zionstaar75: 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
kenedy175:

Please show me where I abused anybody here on NL because of political interests. I don't do such.

And yes, I noticed he had some form of distractions left and right. He wasn't having this interview in a controlled environment or in the studio. It's more like a zoom or Skype thing.

If you were a true supporter of Obi or you want this country to work again, you won't be telling me you'll withdraw your support from him because of distractions in an interview. Did you get the messages he passed? That's the most important thing
at least you're objective,I like u.i don't believe your defense though,keeping your concentration is key in leadership. He didn't show that tonight. After what buhari did in 2015 honestly I'm not ready to support anyone blindly,I need convincing o,that's where I stand now

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by ThrownBack: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Asour:

I'm not talking about what they do with criminals.
I'm talking about their Modus Operandi.

They can be equally corrupt and cult like.
Pray you don't experience them.

May God give us the best solution.

Am talking about their scope of operations, and their control by the locals. Better to have the governor control police than someone from a fat away zone who may never visit where we have policing problems.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by HIPROFILE(m): 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
While Atiku and Tinubu are there fighting for who begged for muslim-muslim ticket in 2007 as vp and who is loosing his senses and what have you…Those are the idiiots you want me to vote in as next president? to take over from this Mr catastrophy? hell no! I ain't doing that!
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Asour: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
ThrownBack:

Am talking about their scope of operations, and their control by the locals. Better to have the governor control police than someone from a fat away zone who may never visit where we have policing problems.

Police have a too down chain of command.
So will your state polices too.

They aren't commanded from afar. They have a state commissioner of Police.

Nigerian governors can't even shepherd their LGA chairmen well you want to add police. That the end of Rule of law at state level. Welcome the new tyrants AKA governors.

Corruption has finished our Police not their structure. Any other structure would still be poor with corruption.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by kenedy175(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
zionstaar75:
at least you're objective,I like u.i don't believe your defense though,keeping your concentration is key in leadership. He didn't show that tonight. After what buhari did in 2015 honestly I'm not ready to support anyone blindly,I need convincing o,that's where I stand now

Putting the 3 major candidates to choose from, I believe Obi is alot better than the 2. He's not a Saint, he has his short comings.. but he's way better than Tinubu and Atiku. There'd a reason why they keep attacking and trying to dig out lies and propaganda about him. They know he's a force to reckon with at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by ThrownBack: 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Asour:

Police have a too down chain of command.
So will your state polices too.

They aren't commanded from afar. They have a state commissioner of Police.

Nigerian governors can't even shepherd their LGA chairmen well you want to add police. That the end of Rule of law at state level. Welcome the new tyrants AKA governors.

Corruption has finished our Police not their structure. Any other structure would still be poor with corruption.

Na wao, this one you're supporting a strategy that has failed and people are still dying from insecurity. What's your true intentions.

Federal policing has failed and thousands are losing their lives and properties, why not support state policing or are you happy about the deaths?
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by ThrownBack: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
kenedy175:

Putting the 3 major candidates to choose from, I believe Obi is alot better than the 2. He's not a Saint, he has his short comings.. but he's way better than Tinubu and Atiku. There'd a reason why they keep attacking and trying to dig out lies and propaganda about him. They know he's a force to reckon with at the moment.

I agree with your comments.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by rightdata: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
Fela sang suffering and smiling song for Yoruba people.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Kingspin(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
kenedy175:
Even if you're not going to vote for Obi, atleast come and receive lectures that Tinubu and Atiku can never give you.

I'm sure the oppositions were jotting things down.

The incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
This one enter O

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by tnerro1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
When u use tribalism to appoint heads of security agencies with 90% from the north, this is what u get.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Zorn: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
vadedea:
How can you not love this man
Some evil bastards and thieves hates him because he will block all the loopholes they use to steal the country dry.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Selfmotivated: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Sylvaxxl1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Begoodtoothers:
Though I'm very Obident, I've got issues with establishing state police under the control of governors. An incumbent governor will use it to oppress and harass the opposition. Imagine a Shettima in charge of State Police for his State. Hisbah is abusive in the North, Amotekun has had some unnecessary clashes and Ebubeagu was accused of killing some youths in Imo state.

There has to be checks and balances on governors in regards to this state police issues
True but that's why the people of the said state(s) have the task to vote in the right governor and not be partisan
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Realhabee(f): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2022
It's pointless to tarnish another religion before making your point. I am a Muslim and currently obidient but such utterances is making me sceptical.
ihatebuhari:
Good man

But due to wickedness and the hatred from evil religion from Saudi Arabia they’ll never vote this man

Nigeria people na una sabi, I’m happy me and my family live in LA.

Vote useless people and be ready to live in agony like the current situation in Nigeria

Soon 1$ will be 2000naira.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by openmine(m): 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
He also called for the review of Professors, saying it doesn’t make sense for councilors to earn more than university lecturers.
Omoh this one strong shocked shocked
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by ihatebuhari(f): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Realhabee:
It's pointless to tarnish another religion before making your point. I am a Muslim and currently obidient.
all terrorist disturbing the peace of this world belong to same religion from Saudi Arabia. Have you asked yourself why?
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by openmine(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
Dshocker:

Don't you want to travel yourself?
grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by openmine(m): 11:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
State and community policing is an idea whose time has come!
This should have actually been the responsibility of the national assembly but unfortunately they keep shoving it aside by focusing more on the disadvantages rather than putting on their thinking caps and making state policing a better option!
The truth is that its practically impossible for a central policing system to properly secure our country!
We cannot continue like this forever...state and community policing is a necessity if the country must be secured!
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Ikpaitid: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
The best way to end Peter Obi's campaign is by banning social media in Nigeria. The IPOB candidate and his supporters would be completely lost.
APC government should ban all social media in Nigeria immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Olurondo: 12:52am On Jul 26, 2022
Peter Obi is just saying this because of Politics.The states that are struggling to pay salaries to workers and pension should fund state police?With the federal system of government where it is the federal government paying monthly allocation to states?Police funding is expensive.In developed societies like US states create their own viable revenue generation system and strategies so they can fund their police.When Peter was governor of Anambra state,he was just collecting federal allocations like the other governors!Typical nigerian politician!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Billygee2u: 12:53am On Jul 26, 2022
ThrownBack:
I don't know who advices the current Nigeria leadership.

How will it make sense to them that someone who has been living in the desert for all his life will make for better policing than someone who has been living in the creeks all his life?

Some states can support their own policing if allowed, states like Lagos and Anambra cannot allow the slow, heavy policing that has been slowing their states businesses and delaying court processes.

Bringing police hierarchy from the North to police southern States or vice versa is only a recipe for disaster. Let people police the areas they can understand.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Billygee2u: 12:53am On Jul 26, 2022
vadedea:
How can you not love this man
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by aimmoney9: 12:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Based on the current attack on the Guards Brigade by armed bandits in Abuja barely 24hrs after threatening to kidnap buhari there may not be election in 2023 I think buhari wants to disguise and allow Boko Haram/fulani/bandits to take over power from him in a coup style then he and them will start full Islamization of Nigeria (which is very easy for them because they already have Boko Haram/fulani members in key positions and in every state in Nigeria) the same way the Taliban is running Afghanistan same Taliban buhari gave one million dollars to.
I warned people about buhari in 2015 because when he was president in 1983 he wanted to make Nigeria a member of OIC (organization of Islamic countries) which CAN (christian association of Nigeria) kicked against and prevented.
I believe 2023 election will not hold.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Billygee2u: 12:56am On Jul 26, 2022
ihatebuhari:
Good man

But due to wickedness and the hatred from evil religion from Saudi Arabia they’ll never vote this man

Nigeria people na una sabi, I’m happy me and my family live in LA.

Vote useless people and be ready to live in agony like the current situation in Nigeria

Soon 1$ will be 2000naira.
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Billygee2u: 12:58am On Jul 26, 2022
aimmoney9:
Based on the current attack on the Guards Brigade by armed bandits in Abuja barely 24hrs after threatening to kidnap buhari there may not be election in 2023 I think buhari wants to disguise and allow Boko Haram/fulani/bandits to take over power from him in a coup style then he and them will start full Islamization of Nigeria (which is very easy for them because they already have Boko Haram/fulani members in key positions and in every state in Nigeria) the same way the Taliban is running Afghanistan same Taliban buhari gave one million dollars to.
I warned people about buhari in 2015 because when he was president in 1983 he wanted to make Nigeria a member of OIC (organization of Islamic countries) which CAN (christian association of Nigeria) kicked against and prevented.
I believe 2023 election will not hold.
You're clever,I have been saying the same since 2021
Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by ogbonti: 1:54am On Jul 26, 2022
kenedy175:

This is something they have decided to turn a blind eye on. The Nigeria passport is almost useless just as the Naira. Nothing functions in this country, absolutely nothing. I don't believe we have a president. Buhari acts like a ceremonial head. The country is run by canals.

If we miss it this time around, only God knows if we will have such an opportunity again

you are very correct - the Nigerian passport is almost worthless - electing either Atiku or Tinubu will destroy whatever is left of it - If some Nigerians supporting these two men are not sincerely crazy, why would anyone in his right senses vote for a man who does not live in the very country he is trying to rule over ?

That was why Haitians didn’t vote for Wyclef Jean because although he has helped his people with so much philanthropy and otherwise - the people told him “Thanks Sir BUT No Thanks - you can’t be living in USA and expect to come here and rule over us” - If Haitians, black people like us could make that decision easily - I wonder why Nigerians are even thinking about Atiku being president. It is the most unpatriotic act to abandon your country, not because of seeking employment to survive but just to seek comfort for yourself and return only to contest elections - what else is a testament of lack of patriotism?

So if Atiku wins and decides to rule Nigeria from his country home in Dubai, how can anyone blame him? after all that’s where he lives and you elected him ? THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST READ!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Decries Worsening Insecurity, Backs Creation Of State Police by Midas01: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2022
My thoughts exactly
Begoodtoothers:
Though I'm very Obident, I've got issues with establishing state police under the control of governors. An incumbent governor will use it to oppress and harass the opposition. Imagine a Shettima in charge of State Police for his State. Hisbah is abusive in the North, Amotekun has had some unnecessary clashes and Ebubeagu was accused of killing some youths in Imo state.

There has to be checks and balances on governors in regards to this state police issues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Salary Increment For Nigerian Workers – FG / Toyin Badmus Dead: Yoruba Community Abuja Mourns Iyaloja / I Will Never Please My Children At Detriment Of Nigerians- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.