Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming (1010 Views)

Come In Here If You Are An Embedded Systems Engineer / Free Embedded Systems Design Seminar In Lagos / Learn & Master Electronics Design And Embedded Systems! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
Please, I recently began an embedded systems course, and I was wondering how the jobs in this niche are.

What are the chances of getting a remote job in this niche?

What do I need to do to get a job?

Do I still need to upgrade my knowledge of DSA?

In addition to this, if you're an embedded systems programmer, I'd also like your experience.

tensazangetsu20, tensazangetsu, qtguru,
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by CuteEmma(f): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Please, I recently began an embedded systems course, and I was wondering how the jobs in this niche are.

What are the chances of getting a remote job in this niche?

What do I need to do to get a job?

Do I still need to upgrade my knowledge of DSA?

In addition to this, if you're an embedded systems programmer, I'd also like your experience.

tensazangetsu20, tensazangetsu, qtguru,
Remote jobs in embedded systems? How??
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
I have never seen a remote opening for embedded systems though. Its always onsite since you work with hardware. Try searching on LinkedIn to be sure.
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
CuteEmma:
Remote jobs in embedded systems? How??
That's why I am asking for guidance kiss. Even if it comes to leaving this hellhole to work in another country, I'm ready. I just need guidance
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
I have never seen a remote opening for embedded systems though. Its always onsite since you work with hardware. Try searching on LinkedIn to be sure.
Okay, I'll do my research there. Please if you know anyone who's into it on nairaland could you help me tag em
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by SavageBoy: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Why do you want to go through the wilderness kind of struggle when the promise land is right before you.

What happened to frontend, backend and mobile app development? Maybe you don't want to join the crowd in pursuing these aforementioned tech paths, but there aren't enough persons in these paths... this road you're currently trying to enter is a very long one... before you reach your destination ehn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2022
SavageBoy:
Why do you want to go through the wilderness kind of struggle when the promise land is right before you.

What happened to frontend, backend and mobile app development? Maybe you don't want to join the crowd in pursuing these aforementioned tech paths, but there aren't enough persons in these paths... this road you're currently trying to enter is a very long one... before you reach your destination ehn!!!
İt's not that long. I'm already a C programmer and I've worked a bit on OS development which made me proficient in x86 assembly (I've also done ARM assembly and trust me, if you can learn these two, you can learn anyone).

I've tried frontend before but I hated it. CSS sucks terribly, it's not straightforward like C or assembly where you have a rough idea of what you're code is meant to do. İt's not wysiwyg like it claims to be because the browser vendors have remained obstinate on not following the w3c standards.

I can't really start explaining why I settled for embedded systems because it's long. I'm not feeling well at the moment. However, trust me when I say that embedded systems is suited for me.

5 Likes

Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by RepoMan007: 7:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Embedded system sounds to me like something that is a lot practical and deals with tangible hardwares locally
You could comb freelance websites like freelancer, upwork, and fiverr for more clue because remote jobs share a lot with freelance kind of services.
Also look at google more closely?/
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by RepoMan007: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

İt's not that long. I'm already a C programmer and I've worked a bit on OS development which made me proficient in x86 assembly (I've also done ARM assembly and trust me, if you can learn these two, you can learn anyone).

I've tried frontend before but I hated it. CSS sucks terribly, it's not straightforward like C or assembly where you have a rough idea of what you're code is meant to do. İt's not wysiwyg like it claims to be because the browser vendors have remained obstinate on not following the w3c standards.

I can't really start explaining why I settled for embedded systems because it's long. I'm not feeling well at the moment. However, trust me when I say that embedded systems is suited for me.
I believe you are on the right path though I am not one(embedded) myself or have any real knowledge. All the hardware around you have embedded codes that run apps and other high level language instruction. Car now have brainbox and many MCPs, consumer electronics too and of course industrial systems.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by CuteEmma(f): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

That's why I am asking for guidance kiss. Even if it comes to leaving this hellhole to work in another country, I'm ready. I just need guidance
Well, you can’t work remotely, unless you just want to assist other people in the software aspect; building web/mobile apps for projects like home automation.

I don’t really know how much you’ve learnt and how much you’ve practiced. As a beginner, you can get jobs from final year students, then also come up with automation systems that you can sell too, like automatic change-over, controlling home appliances with a mobile phone, etc.

There’s a lot you can do. And these things will give you the experience, portfolio, and funds you need to japa.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2022
RepoMan007:
I believe you are on the right path though I am not one(embedded) myself or have any real knowledge. All the hardware around you have embedded codes that run apps and other high level language instruction. Car now have brainbox and many MCPs, consumer electronics too and of course industrial systems.
Thanks, for the inspiration.
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2022
CuteEmma:
Well, you can’t work remotely, unless you just want to assist other people in the software aspect; building web/mobile apps for projects like home automation.

I don’t really know how much you’ve learnt and how much you’ve practiced. As a beginner, you can get jobs from final year students, then also come up with automation systems that you can sell too, like automatic change-over, controlling home appliances with a mobile phone, etc.

There’s a lot you can do. And these things will give you the experience, portfolio, and funds you need to japa.
Honestly, now that I think about it. İt ain't possible to work remotely. Hobbyist projects are different from real life systems. You'd need to test it on the spot. Thanks sha
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by Affliatechris01(f): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
How do you feel now if I tag you as a scammer on this your post?

All I can see is ignorant you who can't even utilize the social media wisely to get the needed information
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2022
Affliatechris01:
How do you feel now if I tag you as a scammer on this your post?

All I can see is ignorant you who can't even utilize the social media wisely to get the needed information
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by Luckydonalds(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Please what resources did you use to learn assembly?. I've sufficient experience in C already and I'm trying to get my hands wet with Assembly, I tried a 2 hr tutorial on YouTube but it was too fast paced. Which do you think I should learn, ARM, MIPS or x86?
And what do tools do I need to download?
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Luckydonalds:

Please what resources did you use to learn assembly?. I've sufficient experience in C already and I'm trying to get my hands wet with Assembly, I tried a 2 hr tutorial on YouTube but it was too fast paced. Which do you think I should learn, ARM, MIPS or x86?
And what do tools do I need to download?
If you want to get started with OS development then you can learn 32 and 64 bit Intel assembly. If you don't want to do that then you can learn the 8502 assembly (a microcontroller by Intel). I'm not really sure if there's a difference between it and regular 8088 assembly but just learn it Sha. It's one of the most popular embedded systems microcontroller and even outshines ARM (that is if we take away the fact that phones are also embedded systems).
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by Luckydonalds(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

If you want to get started with OS development then you can learn 32 and 64 bit Intel assembly. If you don't want to do that then you can learn the 8502 assembly (a microcontroller by Intel). I'm not really sure if there's a difference between it and regular 8088 assembly but just learn it Sha. It's one of the most popular embedded systems microcontroller and even outshines ARM (that is if we take away the fact that phones are also embedded systems).
Thank you very much. I'm not learning it for professional use though. I just want to be aware of the nitty gritty of low level computing and my school work requires it too. You didn't say the tools I'd need to download, I saw masm32 online. I'm not sure if I can use Visual Studio, if I can, I'd really prefer it.
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by airsaylongcome: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Luckydonalds:

Thank you very much. I'm not learning it for professional use though. I just want to be aware of the nitty gritty of low level computing and my school work requires it too. You didn't say the tools I'd need to download, I saw masm32 online. I'm not sure if I can use Visual Studio, if I can, I'd really prefer it.

Lol! Is MASM still a thing? Na wa o. The more things change the more they stay the same. First used MASM in 2003. Surprised to hear it's still around.

@LienwaltAbel what instruction set did you learn? CISC or RISC?

And forget all these naysayers, there are remote roles for Embedded Devs

www dot crossover dot com(/)job-roles(/)software-engineering(/)nigeria(/)city(/)edo(/)c-a0q2j0000039rVsAAI/gfi%20software-embedded-software-engineer

Clean up the URL. Role is offering $50/hr for 5 years of C/C++ coding experience.

I also know that Canonical has openings for Embedded folks
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Is MASM still a thing? Na wa o. The more things change the more they stay the same. First used MASM in 2003. Surprised to hear it's still around.

@LienwaltAbel what instruction set did you learn? CISC or RISC?

And forget all these naysayers, there are remote roles for Embedded Devs

www dot crossover dot com(/)job-roles(/)software-engineering(/)nigeria(/)city(/)edo(/)c-a0q2j0000039rVsAAI/gfi%20software-embedded-software-engineer

Clean up the URL. Role is offering $50/hr for 5 years of C/C++ coding experience.

I also know that Canonical has openings for Embedded folks
CISC and RISC. Besides, embedded systems microcontrollers and microprocessors don't use CISC designs mostly due to low memory expectations. I'll check this website out.
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
Luckydonalds:

Okay. Don't use masm, download nasm or yasm. These two don't need any head bashing and they're open source which means you can avoid downloading malware.
Re: Jobs In Embedded Systems Programming by ardiankeion: 6:20am On Oct 24, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Help We Software To Retrive My Email Password / Book Give Away - Requirements Analysis And System Design: Developing Information / A Little Program For Your Amusement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.