Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun (45314 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Donates House, Other Gifts, To Tobi Amusan / Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night / Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by 9gerian: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2022
But this showmanship is important to encourage more of such adoptions and therefore in order.

We don’t mind the showmanship as long as many more adoptions take place. It would have been different if the adoption is just happening now, but it took place months ago, and probably helped Tobi Amusan to focus on her preparations and performance other than being distracted seeking sponsorships all over the place.

We should learn to separate matters and give kudos where deserved.

cyprex:
This is the most ridiculous showmanship ever by a man in the pay roll of the public

Mr. Abiodun, there are much more Tobi's in your communities to adopt, Amusa has already attained dignified status

1 Like

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Why do I get the feeling that he is actually trying to adopt her pusseyy. cool
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2022
Dapo Abiodun na werey grin
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by adebwalex(m): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:
Stupid man . You adopted a full grown adult who is capable of bearing children.

grin grin grin
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by ZeroChil: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2022
PremiumTech:

Source: The Bureau
Eleyi never disappoints.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Kajaard: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

Nairalanders no go kill me with laugh cheesy
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by FireUpNow(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Na you be the real wa with your degenerate thinkimg
If you think so. Fine
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by TheZeezle(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

Chai u too dey bully abeg.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by maasoap(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2022
The adoption came after Mr. Sunday Dare, the minister of youth and sports development, paid a visit to the governor. Through his adopt-a-talent program, state governors, private citizens, and corporate entities adopted some of the Tokyo Olympics athletes by contributing money directly to their accounts to aid in their early preparations for the Games.

Wow! I love this minister (or whoever sold the idea to him) and his initiative.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by maasoap(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:

U for read the news first, dumbo. Let me help you out since you had made up your t mind o be stuuupid

The adoption came after Mr. Sunday Dare, the minister of youth and sports development, paid a visit to the governor. Through his adopt-a-talent program, state governors, private citizens, and corporate entities adopted some of the Tokyo Olympics athletes by contributing money directly to their accounts to aid in their early preparations for the Games.

1 Like

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by maasoap(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2022
Axis313:
Hmm,success they say has many parents,but failure is an orphan.Before now this man never mentioned that lady in any of his speeches,na now he remember he is her adopted father,he remain small make e talk say na him born am.
Just doing anything to get reelected.

I am just thinking,assuming (God forbid),if the International doping Agency find some banned substances in the lady system,cancel her achievement and ban her,I am 100% sure those politicians congratulating her now including her adopted father will dump her and throw her to the wolves.

I was used to thinking that it is easier to read than to type, many people here continue to prove me wrong. Go back and read the news first before typing long epistle. At least, you were supposed to read the passage before answering questions based on it. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by hush15: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:

Are you minding the Eleyi 1 of Nigeria?

One of the most useless governor in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Kooldame: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:
In this context,it simply means he takes up the responsibility of sponsoring her career.Adoption has a divers meaning and deeper concept
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Chingykay77(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

Portable is not from Ogun State I guess undecided
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by LordOfTheGame: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

MC Olumo have just adopted portable grin
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Kooldame: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:
Pls read the first paragraph of the post.
Here adoption simply means "To Support"
He adopted her in order to take up the responsibility of financing her career.The word adoption has divers synonyms and concepts.It doesn't mean the athlete is an orphan
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by mofaderera116: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2022
Water e no get enemyWater e no get enemy...
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by kemiarts(m): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2022
FatherBona:
Success has many friends
Failure got no friends
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by ukaface(f): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?
lmao
I wish he can see this question to give an answer?
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Kunja2: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2022
It's great she's widely accepted. I'm happy for her.

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by otipoju(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2022
Kooldame:

Pls read the first paragraph of the post.
Here adoption simply means "To Support"
He adopted her in order to take up the responsibility of financing her career.The word adoption has divers synonyms and concepts.It doesn't mean the athlete is an orphan

I hear you but that term wrong. Adoption where humans are concerned is for raising a child that is not yours biologically as yours.

That the organization used the term for their program does not make it right unless their goal is for minors.

The correct term is sponsor.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 26, 2022
This is good for the image of the country, laudable.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Tareq1105: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

Se you can adopt mad person?
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by youngstrow(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Axis313:
Hmm,success they say has many parents,but failure is an orphan.Before now this man never mentioned that lady in any of his speeches,na now he remember he is her adopted father,he remain small make e talk say na him born am.
Just doing anything to get reelected.

I am just thinking,assuming (God forbid),if the International doping Agency find some banned substances in the lady system,cancel her achievement and ban her,I am 100% sure those politicians congratulating her now including her adopted father will dump her and throw her to the wolves.
I lyk that part wey u mentioned god forbid

1 Like

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by adedayoa2(f): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
Well-done Gov. Abiodun, more of this adoption please.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by teepain: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
9gerian:
But this showmanship is important to encourage more of such adoptions and therefore in order.

We don’t mind the showmanship as long as many more adoptions take place. It would have been different if the adoption is just happening now, but it took place months ago, and probably helped Tobi Amusan to focus on her preparations and performance other than being distracted seeking sponsorships all over the place.

We should learn to separate matters and give kudos where deserved.

Tobi doesn't need the governor's puerile attempt at adoption to excel. She already was schooling in the U.S before the said adoption. And she had already excelled in previous sport competitions.

Besides, the adoption did not disclose any financial support for training and per diem and I am surprised where you got your idea of Tobi not needing to chase sponsors from.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by bigtt76(f): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
Werey ...adopt the Sango-Ota, Idi-iroko and other bad roads in your state. Leave Tobi alone, she will be fine angry

PremiumTech:

Source: The Bureau
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by 9gerian: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
Wow!

It’s either Tobi told you this personally or you are simply displeased at the thought of the government actually conceiving and implementing an initiative that bore good fruits.

Which is it?

Why would there be need for seeking a financier by the Minister of Sport, if athletes indicated that they were well off and self sufficient?

Just in case you missed that part in the write up:

"We congratulate and celebrate with Ms. Tobi Amusan, a proud daughter of Ogun State whom I adopted a few months ago to help her career, on her gold-winning performance in the women's 100-meter hurdles in a time that broke the world mark (12.06 seconds).

"As a State, we are pleased with your accomplishments and wish you continued success in the years to come."

On April 26, the governor adopted Amusan.

teepain:

Tobi doesn't need the governor's puerile attempt at adoption to excel. She already was schooling in the U.S before the said adoption. And she had already excelled in previous sport competitions.

Besides, the adoption did not disclose any financial support for training and per diem and I am surprised where you got your idea of Tobi not needing to chase sponsors from.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by teepain: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
9gerian:
Wow!

It’s either Tobi told you this personally or you are simply displeased at the thought of the government actually conceiving and implementing an initiative that bore good fruits.

Which is it?

Why would there be need for seeking a financier by the Minister of Sport, if athletes indicated that they were well off and self sufficient?

Just in case you missed that part in the write up:

Tobi didn't need to tell me anything. I drew my inference from her past performance where she had excelled in previous outings without the said adoption.

And I am actually displeased at the thought of the tokenism of out ineffective Government officials.

They can do better! That is the basis of my angst. The officials get their fat salaries and they need to do their jobs.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by tibatobi: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?
portable is not adoptable
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by 9gerian: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
Well, if it was when the adoption initiative was introduced that Tobi Amusan finally nailed a gold medal for the first time in a global/international competition, then may be they did something right- in this case adoption by state governors, and corporate body sponsorships. And we should encourage more of such an initiative.

We all can remember the whole fiasco at the last olympics, where allowances became an issue, how that really distracted our athletes, and affected performance.

I know a lot of citizens are displeased with the current situation of things in the country, but it is crucial that we endeavor to always separate issues and deal with them on their individual merits. That way we can commend/reward performance, but reprimand failure. That’s the proven way to keep all gains, while we reject all failures. My take.

teepain:

Tobi didn't need to tell me anything. I drew my inference from her past performance where she had excelled in previous outings without the said adoption.

And I am actually displeased at the thought of the tokenism of out ineffective Government officials.

They can do better! That is the basis of my angst. The officials get their fat salaries and they need to do their jobs.
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by ololufemi: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
These Government officials should stop telling lies because the internet and fast access to it has made people to conquer ignorance about any topic. How come they never said all these when Tobi Amusan participated at several athletics meets over the past years? She was at the All African Games, Commonwealth Games and several meets over the years and nobody came to claim her when she even came 4th or won some medals?

Tobi attended Our Lady of Apostle School (which I am sure they hardly visit to inspect the facilities there) in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State. Her parents are domiciled in Ogun State and it was her coach who helped her leave the shores of Nigeria for a sports scholarship in the United States of America.

I think she went to a Community College at first for an Associate Degree before going into a proper University System for a full Undergraduate degree.

Through the persistent efforts and support of her local and international coach as well as the schools over there, which provided the infrastructure for development, she was able to get the support from the University to continue her sporting activities and obtain a Masters Degree student at the Postgraduate level of University study.

There are a lot of athletic individuals from Ogun State especially the Ijebu area that have gone abroad to several countries through the assistance of their extended family members and good spirited coaches. Some have even changed nationality and religion to get the support they needed.

Speaking about facilities, it will surprise many to know that even the Ijebu-Ode stadium is hardly open for these athletes to use freely so where will the infrastructural system needed or adoption come from?

Nigerian politicians no dey get shame na. They just keep wasting the capital, natural and human resources of their respective States and the nation.

Anyway, the Almighty is greater than these politicians and the Nigerian people especially the youths will get what is theirs even though it may tarry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

C. Ronaldo Shows Off £1.85million Watch Made With 424 Glistening White Diamonds / Pogba Does The CHOP PALLIATIVE Dance As He Scores For France / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.