Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity (1400 Views)

Dino Melaye Throws A Question At Peter Obi. Peter Obi Answer Was Very Brilliant. / Rufai Asked Obi About Economy, Obi's Answer, I Went To Prison. / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Kennedyli: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2022
This is in response to the thread on front-page about Atiku and Peter Obi's response on electricity.
Of course the OP has his bias.

But the difference between both responsed is about what can be done in practical and theory.

Atiku's Response Dams and Coal
Atiku is telling us the same thing that we all read on paper about how electricity can be produced with coal and dams in those days.

But is it practical?
Firstly, why would Nigeria be using coal when we have enough gas and are supplying gas to other countries to generate electricity?

Also, Atiku hasn't actually done the work to know whether the dams can be actually worked on or if our coal infrastructure are still existent.
His answer about the classic "what we will do." The question is how would you do it?

- Who would work on those dams?
- Where and how would you get coals?
- Is there really anyone still mining coal in Nigeria?
- How much will it cost to do those things?
- Who and how would it be financed?
- How many MWs of electricity can that effort generate?

As we've seen with successive governments. The problem isn't promising of sounding posh. The problem is laying the groundwork and all Atiku has is just a glossy paper without any groundwork done.

Peter Obi's response Building power plants

Obi went to Egypt to see people who were able to generate 25000kw of electricity in 4 years. He met all parties involved including the financiers.
So it's about bringing those people down here to replicate what they did in Egypt.
Obi answered all the questions Atiku's plans doesn't answer.

- He talked about generating at least 15,000mw.
- He met with the companies and engineers that would build the plants.
- He met with government officials that run the plants: which we can easily copy.
- He met the financiers. So we can get the money to fund these plants.

If as a business man. You receive two offers from contractors. Who would you hire?
https://locals.com.ng/others/peter-obi-vs-atikus-electricity-challenges/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by PandoraObi: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2022
I am sure this one followed Pandora Peter Obidient to Egypt, I am sure he is igbo probably one of the Igbos that are celebrating unknown gunmen killing their fellow igbos, I am also sure that he is unaware that Peter Obi is human being not God
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku because he’s practical..

He has been in the system and understand what it takes

OBi is only building castle in the air like Fashola
.. that is a rocket science

Give Obi same thing and see Fashola incompetence becaome great feat ..

OBi is all talks and less action

How many he generate for Anambra State as my Governor ?

Even Tinubu Lagos state the try..

Na to keep money for state because he has no ideas to invest the money..

Peter Obi is a pretender

A vote for Obi is a vote for Ekpa and IPOB .. this is not a joke
Only foolish Nigerians and IPOB will vote Obi

Power to the people
North 2023

3 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by SU50: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2022
How can someone be so ignorant, please learn to just overlook things you know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by LeeSantos(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2022
Suicide trend for atiku's diehard followers

The front page gave them joy this morning.

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by LeeSantos(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

Peter Obi is a pretender

Power to the people
North 2023

Same system he has being in and it never worked. How sure is it going to this time

10 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by inoki247: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2022
Lol so the Egypt wey he go nd see how dey generate dere electricity na paper he go pay them to come replicate the same method....

He will get dere now and change mouth and start telling us dere is no money on ground to carry out such projects...

Make every state go find solutions sort the electricity issue out dem sef dere own way I believe this method alone is more realistic dan waiting on the FG.....
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by apache22b: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2022
I will vote Tinubu whether Peter Obi likes it or not .

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by kk2027: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2022
LeeSantos:

Same system he has being in and it never worked. How sure is it going to this time

Obi is smart
They want him to give them expo on the rocket science to fix power, he refused.
He knows exactly what to do. He has promised 16000mw in 4years, he knows how to go about it but the opposition wants him to give out such an important info for free.
Let APC fix it na, last time I checked, it was their major campaign promise grin

5 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by kk2027: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2022
inoki247:
Lol so the Egypt wey he go nd see how dey generate dere electricity na paper he go pay them to come replicate the same method....

He will get dere now and change mouth and start telling us dere is no money on ground to carry out such projects...

Make every state go find solutions sort the electricity issue out dem sef dere own way I believe this method alone is more realistic dan waiting on the FG.....

You guys have the solution for 7 years now and most parts of the country have degenerated to total darkness
No be juju be that?

4 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Karlovich: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2022
embarassed The walking dead wants to use agbado and cassava to generate electricity for 50 million Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2022
LeeSantos:

Same system obi has been and it never worked

Atiku was “ Vice “ to Obasanjo..
yet you people claim Osibanjo is a better candinate and absorbed him from Buhari evil government

Same you humans are roping Atiku to Obasanjo government .. even when is was clear that he had disagreements with his principal over some of this issues ..

Atiku has been in the system at federal level and understand what he’s saying

Egypt Singapore are not Nigeria .. you can’t use what’s happening over there to fix Nigeria

Not possible

We had Fashola say fixing it no be rocket science and today we’ve seen how he don fix a.m.

Them no Dey use mouth build castle ..
OBi is building everywhere with mouth.. yet no single legacy for my state .. none

And when ask them go about secretariate “ and road “
That one Na legacy?

Why Chime for Enugu no be hero for Ndi Enugu for just the secretariate he build .. Na nkpu okuko obi build Una Dey call legacy .. go and see what Akande did in osogbo as of 2003..

OBi is a noise maker

I repeat only foolish Nigerians will want IPOB and Ekpa in Asovilla

You don’t give a madman lighter at a gas station

Power to the people
Atiku/Okowa 2023

2 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Kennedyli:
This is in response to the thread on front-page about Atiku and Peter Obi's response on electricity.
Of course the OP has his bias.

But the difference between both responsed is about what can be done in practical and theory.

Atiku's Response Dams and Coal
Atiku is telling us the same thing that we all read on paper about how electricity can be produced with coal and dams in those days.

But is it practical?
Firstly, why would Nigeria be using coal when we have enough gas and are supplying gas to other countries to generate electricity?

Also, Atiku hasn't actually done the work to know whether the dams can be actually worked on or if our coal infrastructure are still existent.
His answer about the classic "what we will do." The question is how would you do it?

- Who would work on those dams?
- Where and how would you get coals?
- Is there really anyone still mining coal in Nigeria?
- How much will it cost to do those things?
- Who and how would it be financed?
- How many MWs of electricity can that effort generate?

As we've seen with successive governments. The problem isn't promising of sounding posh. The problem is laying the groundwork and all Atiku has is just a glossy paper without any groundwork done.

Peter Obi's response Building power plants

Obi went to Egypt to see people who were able to generate 25000kw of electricity in 4 years. He met all parties involved including the financiers.
So it's about bringing those people down here to replicate what they did in Egypt.
Obi answered all the questions Atiku's plans doesn't answer.

- He talked about generating at least 15,000mw.
- He met with the companies and engineers that would build the plants.
- He met with government officials that run the plants: which we can easily copy.
- He met the financiers. So we can get the money to fund these plants.

If as a business man. You receive two offers from contractors. Who would you hire?

Atiku talked about working on what's on ground but obi is busy talking about angels to come from heaven. Where Egypt developed on the infrastructures on ground but Obi sounded like we'll have to go blank out for 4 years to build another power plant.

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by inoki247: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2022
kk2027:

You guys have the solution for 7 years now and most parts of the country have degenerated to total darkness
No be juju be that?

You people will defend anything du I look like someone who's supporting the Govt....

All Aspirant always see Nigeria problem from far when dey reach dere dey will be clueless....

We need something realistic not some Motivational speech like we hear from Fashola den also telling us it won't take a serious Govt more Dan 6month to fix electricity he easy to yarn for mouth until u get dere....

The only solution right now is State Government should handle electricity dem sef we av 36 states all the Governors can't be clueless at the same time any state that can guarantee 24hrs light will be a win win to dere revenue cos new company and people will be trooping to the state.....

So I don't believe in anything doz two are saying electricity is beyond FG power cos saboteur go dey to even destroy things....

So state should just goan handle his thing and Fg should just give dem any support dey can to whoever is making progress....

2 Likes

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Kennedyli: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
MICHEALADEX:

Atiku talked about working on what's on ground but obi is busy talking about angels to come from heaven. Where Egypt developed on the infrastructures on ground but Obi sounded like we'll have to go blank out for 4 years to build another power plant.
What exactly is on ground? Does Nigeria has a power plant being powered by coal?

No body in the world is building new coal powered plants, especially with the call for global warming.

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by 3ple9iner: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2022
You just tried to tweak everything to sooth you.
This same Peter Obi was saying human development is better than infrastructure and now his solution is inviting foreigners to fix our power.

I have been reading his speeches and what he says is what people like to hear not necessarily the solution.

You can't compare the work Siemens did in Egypt and what it would do in Nigeria because this two countries are apart.

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by LeeSantos(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

Same system obi has been and it never worked

Atiku was “ Vice “ to Obasanjo..
yet you people claim Osibanjo is a better candinate and absorbed him from Buhari evil government

Same you humans are roping Atiku to Obasanjo government .. even when is was clear that he had disagreements with his principal over some of this issues ..

Atiku has been in the system at federal level and understand what he’s saying

Egypt Singapore are not Nigeria .. you can’t use what’s happening over there to fix Nigeria

Not possible

We had Fashola say fixing it no be rocket science and today we’ve seen how he don fix a.m.

Them no Dey use mouth build castle ..
OBi is building everywhere with mouth.. yet no single legacy for my state .. none

And when ask them go about secretariate “ and road “
That one Na legacy?

Why Chime for Enugu no be hero for Ndi Enugu for just the secretariate he build .. Na nkpu okuko obi build Una Dey call legacy .. go and see what Akande did in osogbo as of 2003..

OBi is a noise maker

I repeat only foolish Nigerians will want IPOB and Ekpa in Asovilla

You don’t give a madman lighter at a gas station

Power to the people
Atiku/Okowa 2023

Help me summarise. Seriously I get tired reading more than one sentence this days.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2022
LeeSantos:

Help me summarise. Seriously I get tired reading more than one sentence this days.

Yawn...
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

Peter Obi is a pretender

Power to the people
North 2023

Obi method is more practical that Atiku's. How will Atiku build, transmit and distribute the power?
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2022
3ple9iner:
This same Peter Obi was saying human development is better than infrastructure and now his solution is inviting foreigners to fix our power.

I have been reading his speeches and what he says is what people like to hear not necessarily the solution.

You can't compare the work Siemens did in Egypt and what it would do in Nigeria because this two countries are apart.

You're wrong. Siemens is not your average company. It's a German certified company, I doubt you know what that imply.

With regular power, every aspect of Nigeria development will double with little effort from the government.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2022
Thanksful:

Obi method is more practical that Atiku's. How will Atiku build, transmit and distribute the power?

And how will Egypt and Singapore built transmit and distribute the power .. with the level of inflation in the country and price of dollar

Make Una Dey use Una brain

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

And how will Egypt and Singapore built transmit and distribute the power .. with the level of inflation in the country and price of dollar

Nah you suppose dey reason well. This is not a private individual or company shit. We are talking about a nation here.

Wait! You think Egypt paid cash? No country does that.

A German bank can finance it with little interest. The budget of most Architectural companies in Germany exceed the money involved.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thanksful:

Nah you suppose dey reason well. This is not a private individual or company shit. We are talking about a nation here.

Wait! You think Egypt paid cash? No country does that.

A German bank can finance it with little interest. The budget of most Architectural companies in Germany exceed the money involved.

Turench

What’s the Siemens approach to give us constant electricity

Atiku sated how he will do it .. with time

You don fool people telling them about company and country

This is Nigeria ..
And our challenges as a nation is different

Please free my mention .. I nor sabi back and front

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

Turench

This is Nigeria ..

Thank you

You know the politicians here don bastardized things so much that trust is the highest commodity in Nigeria.

When a German company pick up a contract and all things are tidied up. They don't stop until dey deliver.

Listen to the interview.

Obi said they came to Nigeria according to them but all the government did was holding meeting for six months. Each meeting they must share money.

Why did they do not wait or bribe them because that is what the meetings was all about? No be Germans.

Do you know how many contract these guys get every year to soil their name in a nonsense deal.

What Atiku said is nonsense. How would be build the things he is promising. Obi has shown how he will build his.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Odin13: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thanksful:

You know the politicians here don bastardized things so much that trust is the highest commodity in Nigeria.

When a German company pick up a contract and all things are tidied up. They don't stop until dey deliver.

Listen to the interview.

Obi said they came to Nigeria according to them but all the government did was holding meeting for six months. Each meeting they must share money.

Why did they do not wait or bribe them because that is what the meetings was all about? No be Germans.

Do you know how many contract these guys get every year to soil their name in a nonsense deal.

What Atiku said is nonsense. How would be build the things he is promising. Obi has shown how he will build his.

You said nothing

Thanks ..

Next!
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Odin13:

You said nothing

Thanks ..

Next!

Abi your brain can't process any info it's not use to? undecided
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by 3ple9iner: 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thanksful:

You're wrong. Siemens is not your average company. It's a German certified company, I doubt you know what that imply.

With regular power, every aspect of Nigeria development will double with little effort from the government.
Did I say Siemens is a small company?

Or didn't Peter Obi talk about human development being better than infrastructure?

Or is Egypt and Nigeria the same culturally, politically, ethnically.

Yes Siemen is a big company but you shouldn't expect the same approach they used in Egypt in Nigeria.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Same mechanism he been being in and it never worked
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
3ple9iner:

Did I say Siemens is a small company?

Or didn't Peter Obi talk about human development being better than infrastructure?

Or is Egypt and Nigeria the same culturally, politically, ethnically.

Yes Siemen is a big company but you shouldn't expect the same approach they used in Egypt in Nigeria.

Yes human development is better than infrastructure. Only developed humans can develop infrastructure.

It's a disrespect that most of our infrastructure are imported. Both tangible abnd intangible resources.

Siemens has worked with many nation. Egypt is not their first, neither will it be their last. They were in Nigeria but corruption and political will stopped them.

Julius Beggar came from Germany and did wonders. They Germans are on a different as far as technology and construction is concern.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Odin13:

Turench

This is Nigeria ..

Thank you

Very funny. You sound like one who hasn't worked in any company before (including incompetent ones).

Atiku (a professional turbine engineer) stated how he will do it. Nah people like you gave us Buhari.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
Odin13:

Do you think Egypt are paying for those development at once?

German government will provide the fund to be repaired with a long period of time with little interest. Let's assume Nigeria is to fund it, how much do you think it will cost.

The cost is little compare to what has been spent and what will be spent because of corruption. Everyone wants a kick back nah why e b like these things are costly.
Re: Re: Atiku And Peter Obi Answer For Electricity by Ngorbungor(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
3ple9iner:

You are not making sense please, so the power generator or equipment used in Egypt will be different from the one that will be deployed in Nigeria?

Please what do you mean by the two countries are apart?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: I Rigged The Election Because Nigerians Are Fools - INEC Boss / Peter Obi Victory Celebration Thread. / Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.