Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming (1759 Views)

Devs How Are You Guys Making Money??? / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming by dodgelord: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2022
grin grin grin
Karleb:
There are people that get paid directly and indirectly to encourage people to learn programming and many of them lie to do that.

It's just like what motivational speakers do, Twitter is especially notorious for that.

You see things like:

Learn programming in 60 days and get a job.

Day 1 - 5: HTML
Day 6 - 10: CSS
Day 11 - 20: Javascript
Day 21 - 40: React
Day 41 - 45: Build a Todo app
Day 46 - 50: Build a weather app
Day 50 - 60: Get a job

Sadly, this is what a lot of people want to believe.

You also need to understand that it's the internet, some of these people are fraud, especially on Twitter.
Re: Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming by dodgelord: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
Rgade:
Are you afraid of being put out of job by the incoming hoard? Well up skill then, rather than forcing everyone to become gatekeepers because you feel threatened.
There will always be mass migration into seemingly profitable careers.
Ask the oil and gas sector and banking sectors.
the op is clearly afraid n pain inside. Seeing others programmers.
Re: Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming by dodgelord: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
Fourpockets:

Tech is about to get subsidised badly.

Why do you think Google and big tech are advocating for more Devs?

More Devs means more competition and smaller salaries and nobody can do anything because to become a big tech company right now is next to impossible. It's just like BTC, it's to late to become rich from it in 2022
Snapchat came up 2011
Re: Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming by dodgelord: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
It seems On every social media platform you hop on now, everybody is talking about tech and coding, how it's a quick way to financial freedom, earning in dollars, work from home and all that soft life. You'll begin to see comments of people yelling teach me, teach me, show me the way, I'm really interested in this programming thing (LOL ) undecided and all these comments from desperate people whom I'm sure don't even have the passion for the field, just hoping it gives them big bucks, thinking because you don't need a degree to be a programmer it'll be a breeze... And most of you devs are not even making matters any better, you keep on making this field look cheap and very soon, programming is going to get casted and over saturated... The case of 10k web developers is still much abound and very, very, soon, it's gonna get even worse, half baked programmers go soon full everywhere, potentially causing difficulties for programmers who took lots and lots of time to perfect their skill
It's becoming discouraging for people like me who are just freshers into the field, and don't get me wrong, I'm a computer science student and programming is not something I developed love for just because of what I read online, non of that stuff. The love for programming has been there

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Hacker (4 Signs Hacking May Be In Your DNA) / Join Other Programmers / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.