Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja (38932 Views)

Governor Makinde Joins NLC Protest In Oyo / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / Boko Haram Kills 13 Soldiers, Two Policemen In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by IMPACT05(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Femi Falana joins NLC protests, as Deji Adeyanju alleges kidnap of 13 soldiers in Abuja

Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, has joined the ongoing protests rocking the country. Falana was spotted carrying placards along with other protesters in Lagos.

The outspoken lawyer has joined many protests in the country, defending the interests of Nigerians.

Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, had on Sunday promised to embark on a two-day nationwide protest in solidarity with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, and other affiliate unions over the lingering industrial action in public universities in Nigeria.

The national president, Comrade Ayuba Wabba in a statement told fellow workers that the national days of protest was in support of unions in Nigeria’s public universities who are fighting for quality education.

In another development, the convener of Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju, Tuesday morning alleged that terrorists kidnapped a Nigerian captain and thirteen (13) soldiers in Abuja.

Recall that the troops of Guards Brigade, Nigerian Army on Monday repelled a terrorists Ambush in Abuja while on patrol around the Bwari -Kubwa road.

Spokesperson of the Guards, Captain Godfrey Anebi Abakpa noted that the ambush which happened within the general area of Bwari, shows that the terrorist’s were actually within the location and possibly preparing to carry out their plans to attack the Nigerian law school in Bwari as earlier reported.”

Intelligence sources said, “Troops on routine patrol along Kubwa – Bwari were ambushed by suspected terrorists. Three soldiers were injured during the attack. The soldiers have been evacuated for medical attention.

“Yes, they (troops) were attacked and the attack was successfully repelled. We had a few wounded in action who have been taken to the hospital and are receiving treatments.

“At the moment our troops are still combing the general area to get rid of the criminals that have been threatening the general area. It is advised that residents go about their lawful businesses and keep cooperating with us by giving us timely information to enable us win the fight against the criminals”.

But reacting to the incident Deji via his facebook handle opined: “Dear Nigerians,

“Are you aware that terrorists abducted a Captain & 13 soldiers while responding to a distress call in an Abuja community yesterday?”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/femi-falana-joins-nlc-protests-as-deji-adeyanju-alleges-kidnap-of-13-soldiers-in-abuja/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by God1000(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
This is commendable.

I have a question for frustrated students that are currently staying at home as a result of this protracted ASUU strike

Why are you still supporting the party that is destroying your future?

307 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
I was there. If you are youth and still sitting at home campaigning for Tinubu and Atiku, I pity your generations.

If ordinary Siri Lanka can do it, why not you? Are they smarter than you. Your shame dey shame me. Chai

232 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by WibusJaga: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022

If only this protest will metamorphose into the Sri Lankan uprising. Those Sri Lankans never experienced up to a tenth of what we are enduring in this country.

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Standardcosting(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
This country is finished, it is only carcass that is remaining

It's only prayer that is holding Nigeria together.

Imagine Soliders are being kidnapped.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by SIMONEKPA7: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
shame
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by gbaskiboy: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nigeria was once a country!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Davinity: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
These people don't listen
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by gambia(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
The country is completely finished.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Ojabifi: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
hnnnnm
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Oceemo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
One love comrade we shall win the battle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Amotekun777: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
But, wait... Terrorists kidnapping military men?

Can there just be a military coup already in this nation? Even as bad as Abacha was, his regime was way better than this so called democracy or civilian rule. None of them were as corrupt as all these bloody civilians. angry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Bobloco: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
sad
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Hezmatosky: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, at this juncture, our major priority now is how to start guiding our soldiers kiss

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Blackfire(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Fake news

Rabble rousers

Our gallant soldier's are okay

Stop fake news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Prozico22(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Any APC friend
Any APC sibling
Any APC neighbor
Any APC schoolmate
Any APC member
Pls dont help me
Pls don't give me anything
Because I can't be eating with the devil

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tinubu can't even remember the full meaning of APC

Watch through this link

https://fb.watch/evCsAAisUN/

7 Likes

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by nzeobi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
The economy and security of this country has already collapsed and am sure that we will go the way of srilanka soon

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Xscape047: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nawao
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Melodydoctor: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good, but it won't solve any problem. Nigeria needs to break apart. The country is too big for a black man to manage effectively. Anyways, Bubu is to blame.

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by ambivert27(f): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
I just like this man and his antecedents. Always giving his voice against bad governance even when he's in a position to equally benefit from it but chose otherwise.

This is what I think people should look out for not shouting Peter Obi upandan who was obviously part of the rot in the system.

Forget Tinubu, Peter Obi and Atiku, is Sowore not parts of the contestants? But because he has no funds to float his campaign, there's no much noise about him even when we've all seen how he has endangered his life just to see the country great again.

7 Likes

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Sadiq3051(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Jaqenhghar: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
I was there. If you are youth and still sitting at home campaigning for Tinubu and Atiku, I pity your generations.

If ordinary Siri Lanka can do it, why not you? Are they smarter than you. Your shame dey shame me. Chai
They dont want to die, they believe that when they make money everything will be alright. Leave them.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by 5iine: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
E don reach Una turn, when youths bin dey protest Una say dem dey do rubbish

1 Like

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by xpressionx(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nice.
These old people that has plundered our economy protested,yet pdp didn't do half of what they are doing now.
We should all join it

1 Like

Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by bigdammyj: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Noted.
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Xd
Re: Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja by edungene7: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
I trust Nigerian Pastors u will soon see a crusade banner tagged Every APC in my live die by Fire

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Zombies Are Obedient – Femi Kuti / Chatham House: Presidential Election Not Conducted In Line With INEC’s Guideline / Governor El-Rufai Carries His Children On His Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.