Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ (352 Views)

Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by iSense247: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ – Ex-Kogi Governor

Clarence Olafemi, a former governor of Kogi State, has criticized the Muslim-Muslim ticket of All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Bola Tinubu ahead of the 2023 elections.

In an interview with Track News, the APC chieftain described the Muslim-Muslim ticket as an insult to the Christian community’s sensibilities.

When asked if there was no Christian in the North capable of filling the position of vice president, Olafemi said he was not a part of the decision that resulted in the ticket.

The APC chieftain stated that while the Muslim-Muslim ticket worked in 1993, the situation was very different from what is happening today.

Regardless of the backlash that has followed the decision, Olafemi stated that he will continue to work for the success of the APC in the 2023 general election.

“Are you saying there are no Christians in the North capable of holding the position of Vice President?” he asked. It offends the Christian community’s sensibilities, in my opinion. I tried to see if anyone could persuade me because I was not a part of the decision that resulted in the tickets, but no one could.

“Even though it worked previously in 1993, the scenario was quite different from what is currently in play.” Nigeria has become so polarized that it requires a great deal of reconciliation and unity, which the same religious tickets cannot provide in a country with two major religions, Christianity and Islam.

“I believe that if we truly want peaceful coexistence in the country, we must demonstrate that we are doing everything possible to pacify all religions in order to bring about peace, and not otherwise.”

“However, as a party member, I will have no choice but to work for my party’s success at the polls.”

https://www.tracknews.ng/2022/07/tinubus-muslim-muslim-ticket-is-an-embarrassment-to-the-christian-community-ex-kogi-governor.html/amp
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2022

Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by God1000(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
The arrangement is inequitable and below the belt
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by Omoslim26: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
If you see truth talk am.
Apc and tinubu do not care about what happens to you and I,it is all about winning elections to them.
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by Newton2024: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
A very big embarrassment. Any christian that would vote muslim-terrorist ticket is forever cursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by ceede2: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
Stop rubbishing the thread with pictures, if you have elderly man or woman who is above 70 go and kill them, since they don't entitled to life.

Karma is real, time is coming same you will like to contest for any post, this is how people will be at agonizing you with irrelevant things

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by iSense247: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Newton2024:
A very big embarrassment. Any christian that would vote muslim-terrorist ticket is forever cursed.

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by Parachoko: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2022
ceede2:
Stop rubbishing the thread with pictures, if you have elderly man or woman who is above 70 go and kill them, since they don't entitled to life.

Karma is real, time is coming same you will like to contest for any post, this is how people will be at agonizing you with irrelevant things
Nah only in Nigeria I dey hear people go dey complain say Old people can't rule as if nah royal rumble dem wan go fight for Aso Rock.

Ruling right has nothing to do with ones age
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by sotall(m): 11:04am On Jul 27, 2022
grin
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by Parachoko: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2022
Anybody that feels Tinubu break a law should go to court
Re: ‘Tinubu’s Muslim-muslim Ticket Is An Embarrassment To The Christian Community.’ by apache22b: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2022
In all honesty, Tinubu is the right man for the office of the President shocked

(1) (Reply)

Blame Buhari For The Insecurity In Nigeria — Shehu Sani / We Are At The Finishing Line- Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. / Differences Between Obi And Tinubu: What Are They? Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.