Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 (769 Views)

Boris Johnson Turned Away From Polling Station After Forgetting ID / Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 / Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Teaser4(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
Despite heightened tensions NASA and Roscosmos agreed earlier this month for astronauts to continue riding Russian rockets and for Russian cosmonauts to catch lifts to the ISS with SpaceX beginning in autumn

Russia has said it will withdraw from the International Space Station (ISS) after 2024 to focus on building its own orbital outpost.

Yuri Borisov, who was appointed to lead the state-controlled space corporation Roscosmos earlier this month, said during a meeting with President Vladimir Putin that Russia would fulfil its obligations to other partners before it leaves the project

Mr Borisov said "the decision to leave the station after 2024 has been made".

It comes amid continued tensions between Moscow and the West over the war in Ukraine.

In April Mr Borisov's predecessor, Dmitry Rogozin, said Russia would halt co-operation on the ISS in response to the sanctions imposed on Russia over the invasion of Ukraine.

He argued the sanctions were designed "to kill the Russian economy, plunge our people into despair and hunger, and bring our country to its knees" and said normal relations could only be restored with the unconditional lifting of the "illegal" measures.

Despite heightened tensions NASA and Roscosmos agreed earlier this month for astronauts to continue riding Russian rockets and for cosmonauts to catch lifts to the ISS with SpaceX beginning in autumn.

The agreement will ensure the space station will always have at least one American and one Russian on board to keep both sides of the orbiting outpost running smoothly, NASA and Russian officials said.

Earlier this year NASA published plans for the ISS which could see the 444,615kg structure taken out of orbit in January 2031 and crashed into a "spacecraft cemetery".

It said the laboratory would continue operating until 2030 but its long-term future is unsustainable.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/russia-to-withdraw-international-space-station-after-2024-12659444

Mynd44 Lalasticalala Seun

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by God1000(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
The ripple effect of this war

1 Like

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
It's good. China will complete its own space station before 2022 comes to an end what's stopping Russia a space superpower from having its own.

7 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by VeryWickedMan: 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hmmm

With China and now Russia going on their own, US and her allies will have nobody to help transport their equipment to space.

The US will die slowly.

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by VeryWickedMan: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:
It's good. China will complete its own space station before 2022 comes to an end what's stopping Russia a space superpower from having its own.

Lol

This guy thinks this is bad news for Russia. grin
It is actually a sign of strength to own your own space station and the US doesn't own one.

The ISS is an international collaboration and Russia getting its own now means that they are now bigger than the rest.

11 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:

You think to assemble space station is that easy? It efforts that takes decade both in building and testing, Any error you are dead.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Hmmm

With China and now Russia going on their own, US and her allies will have nobody to help transport their equipment to space.

The US will die slowly.

Are you Sure you have been following the news?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

You think to assemble space station is that easy? It efforts that takes decade both in building and testing, Any error you are dead.

SMH. You are not current at all.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/24/module-launch-brings-china-closer-to-space-station-goal

That news was two days ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:

SMH. You are not current at all.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/24/module-launch-brings-china-closer-to-space-station-goal

That news was two days ago.

I'm not talking about China, I knew China have already test lab in space, I'm referring to you saying best time for Russia to have theirs.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

I'm not talking about China, I knew China have already test lab in space, I'm referring to you saying best time for Russia to have theirs.

Did Russia/China tell you it's a day job. Russia can and they will.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:

Did Russia/China tell you it's a day job. Russia can and they will.

Just stating the fact. Beside China is ahead of Russia now, Thanks to the continous Cyber espionage against the the US to steal files.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

Just stating the fact. Beside China is ahead of Russia now, Thanks to the continous Cyber espionage against the the US to steal files.

Shut up. China got its space tech transfer from Russia.

7 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
US needs to ramp up its space program, all NaSA personnel that would be on board the ISS in future missions would undergo military training, The ISS should at all times have a US personnel on board every time, US has been dependent on the Russians, is time to transport themselves to space with their brooms and is time for Russians to go to space without a single signal
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Teaser4(m): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mynd44 Seun Lalasticalala FP
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:

You don't have sense. Be civil when replying, Who told you Russia transferred it space tech to China? This is how you guys go on to deceive the gullible.

4 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

some of you are leaving in absolute darkness or assumption,US it self does not have the technical know how to keep a space station afloat at the moment ,so how is china going to steal a file that does not exist , it's either Russia wich is their friend assisted them or they did there own research

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
jackslow:
some of you are leaving in absolute darkness or assumption,US it self does not have the technical know how to keep a space station afloat at the moment ,so how is china going to steal a file that does not exist , it's either Russia wich is their friend assisted them or they did there own research

The guy na mumu. E matter don taya me. I won't reply him anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2022
jackslow:

US does not have Space technicality? Kai, nothing i won't see on NL.

Please Let me not engage you in anything anymore for now, till you go and read more about the Cyber espionage commited by China against the US to steal files partaining designs, I don't have the time to start a class afresh on here.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

US does not have Space technicality? Kai, nothing i won't see on NL.

Please Let me not engage you in anything anymore for now, till you go and read more about the Cyber espionage commited by China against the US to steal files partaining designs, I don't have the time to start a class afresh on here.
well I don't know much about the cyber espionage against US by Chinese don't always believe what you see on the internet always use your sense of reasoning China led US in 5G Technology, china is also leading US in hypersonic weaponry, china is leading entire world in AI technology so I don't know where they stole all those research from.

I still maintain my stand as at today been 26 July 2022 US does have the technical know how to keep a space station afloat

6 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
jackslow:
well I don't know much about the cyber espionage against US by Chinese don't always believe what you see on the internet always use your sense of reasoning China led US in 5G Technology, china is also leading US in hypersonic weaponry, china is leading entire world in AI technology so I don't know where they stole all those research from.

I still maintain my stand as at today been 26 July 2022 US does have the technical know how to keep a space station afloat

You need to go and read the cyber espionage by China against US. When you steal design, you can Always reseach to Improve on it. That China is leading US in hypersonic race does not mean China is able to match US.

You see What happened to Huawei when Trump imposed sanction on them? They Simply dropped below top Five of phone Manufacturing.

For the fact that US. is able to develop and testing their own hypersonic Missile should tell you that they are ever capable.

Please stop saying US can not control the international space station; NASA have made it clear that they will if Russia decides to quit. International space station control was a collective decisions, US segments generates and control the electricity and oxygen generators, and Russia segments controls the orbital directions.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

You need to go and read the cyber espionage by China against US. When you steal design, you can Always reseach to Improve on it. That China is leading US in hypersonic race does not mean China is able to match US.

You see What happened to Huawei when Trump imposed sanction on them? They Simply dropped below top Five of phone Manufacturing.

For the fact that US. is able to develop and testing their own hypersonic Missile should tell you that they are ever capable.

Please stop saying US can not control the international space station; NASA have made it clear that they will if Russia decides to quit. International space station control was a collective decisions, US segments generates and control the electricity and oxygen generators, and Russia segments controls the orbital directions.
NASA did not say they can do it rather spaceX but we have seen how their rockets are catching fire on blast

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Biodun556(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

There's nothing hard in it. Russia will just disconnect there own modules from the international space station. That's all

The international space station is a combination of modules of several countries.

4 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by ken6488(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
Exactly I can't be partying with my enemies

3 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by DerrickzB: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hanibbal:

Bro stop wasting energy on that kid!! From the whole thing he has said u should know he is a child nau!!!

Abeg don’t beat yourself over him oo!! Their type na automated bot them be!! Mumu full him belle!!

Na noise he sabi make

3 Likes

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Biodun556:

There's nothing hard in it. Russia will just disconnect there own modules from the international space station. That's all

The international space station is a combination of modules of several countries.

Not As easy As you think.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by RikudoSennin: 2:08am On Jul 27, 2022
This just means the cord has been severed. Make everyone deh their lane. Chai, the US lost a very good friend in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by davefurn: 6:26am On Jul 27, 2022
BritishNaija:

Not As easy As you think.
Lol read your history bro, Russia is a space superpower; in the soviets time, us couldn't even compare that's why they essentially needed russia cooperation in the international space station. Simple history study of russia cosmonauts achievement will have stopped all this nonsense. And the major reason why they are even leaving is because there's nothing in it to profit them again, after spacex.... Us doesn't really need to depend on russia to transport her cosmonauts to space. I love this development very well, atleast the competition on space can be back like in 90's. Never mention China in space when calling Russia, Russia and US are centuries ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 27, 2022
davefurn:

Lol read your history bro, Russia is a space superpower; in the soviets time, us couldn't even compare that's why they essentially needed russia cooperation in the international space station. Simple history study of russia cosmonauts achievement will have stopped all this nonsense. And the major reason why they are even leaving is because there's nothing in it to profit them again, after spacex.... Us doesn't really need to depend on russia to transport her cosmonauts to space. I love this development very well, atleast the competition on space can be back like in 90's. Never mention China in space when calling Russia, Russia and US are centuries ahead.

Please can you Try to explain What you are trying to say, As i really do not understand.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Hanibbal(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2022
BritishNaija:

Please can you Try to explain What you are trying to say, As i really do not understand.

Seriously serious? shocked
You see what we have been saying that this section is not for you. That guy just educated you but you couldn't comprehend it. grin
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2022
Hanibbal:

Seriously serious? shocked
You see what we have been saying that this section is not for you. That guy just educated you but you couldn't comprehend it. grin

You i have already knocked out Several times, If you call tha Education Then I cant help you. I did not want to say What he wrote There was rubbish because I'm Being civil, I gave him the benefit of doubts to restructure that.

Don't be faster than your shadow.
Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by davefurn: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2022
BritishNaija:

Normally NASA and Russia cosmonauts (Rosmonauts), cooperates to ship american astronauts to the space station. But with the recent rise of Space X, it's becoming less profitable that's why Russia wants to leave the ISS and build theirs. Now on capacity to build theirs, Russia has the absolute capacity and knowledge which you can see from their history and 90's struggle for supremacy between united States and Soviets. More than 40% of the achievement on space were achieved by Russians and US taking the later part; Summary is that Russia has the knowledge and capacity to the extent that they even gave the Chinese some knowledge on it inwhich you can see the results. Now is the finances to fund it, I believe yes especially with the new man in charge and surely they will militarise it. We are about to see a new age of competition in the space industry like in the 90's and it will be very great.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2022
davefurn:

Normally NASA and Russia cosmonauts (Rosmonauts), cooperates to ship american astronauts to the space station. But with the recent rise of Space X, it's becoming less profitable that's why Russia wants to leave the ISS and build theirs. Now on capacity to build theirs, Russia has the absolute capacity and knowledge which you can see from their history and 90's struggle for supremacy between united States and Soviets. More than 40% of the achievement on space were achieved by Russians and US taking the later part; Summary is that Russia has the knowledge and capacity to the extent that they even gave the Chinese some knowledge on it inwhich you can see the results. Now is the finances to fund it, I believe yes especially with the new man in charge and surely they will militarise it. We are about to see a new age of competition in the space industry like in the 90's and it will be very great.

I like your kind of explanation and it goes to show at least you have ideas of What is going on, and not some clowns barking on my mention without able to contribute.

I Love arguments that is based on facts. I have lived in Russia Before and Ukraine, To pursue development in certain fields, you need funds, and funds are one of problems of Russia. Unlike US and China for now.

Most of the people arguing blindly here does not even know that Private indigenous companies in Russia seek and acquire loans from the west to execute projects.

It's one thing to have An idea, it's another thing to secure the funds to develop and build it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israeli Jets Enter Syria; Airports Bombed In Damascus & Aleppo Cities. / The Hatred For Christ By Jews Is Out Of This World / Sarah Palin And The Redundancy Of "executive Experience"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.