Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage (1035 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack / Car AC Leakage Quick Fix solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by ubest1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good day my people, I said I should bring this my experienced here it may be a help to others in this situation. Four years ago after my follow come car compressor spoiled which I replaced it has been problem upon problems fixing it. Leakage upon leakage I was advised to change the evaporator I did, after a month it went bad again, the AC engineers pinpoint the problem on compressor which was repairs several times no still solution. Because am the type I can't drive a car without AC so I summon courage took the car to different companies change the compressor again, change dryer, hoses, pipes, condenser etc it works after like three month the leakage returned, get back for repairs this guy keep repairing my compressor changing hoses collecting money from me to a level I get tired and decided to be refilling monthly like am buying fuel, luckily a colleague of mine used his special AC auto testing machine to pinpoint the problem to GAS FILLING VALVES which was replaced with N500 till date am enjoying my car AC.
In case you having this experience try and change those VALVES first because the leakage was too tiny that form water can't detect the leakage and all the companies I visited none even talks about the VALVE direction their concentration always on evaporator, compressor,pipes, hose & condenser, God bless you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by 2special(m): 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Wrong advice, if any one is having issues with the A/C, the first thing to do is to run a scan on the AC, this will show the problem affecting the AC.

1 Like

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by ubest1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Haven't you see where I said I took the car to auto companies for proper & processional diagnosis and check but no solution till the Valves was change after three good years of spending.
2special:
Wrong advice, if any one is having issues with the A/C, the first thing to do is to run a scan on the AC, this will show the problem affecting the AC.

2 Likes

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by wenogodie2: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
ubest1:
Haven't you see where I said I took the car to auto companies for proper & processional diagnosis and check but no solution till the Valves was change after three good years of spending.

Please I'm handling something similar with a vehicle put in my care. Please can you drop the contact of your friend so he help me scan the vehicle with his A/c auto testing machine.
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by ubest1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
It depends your location he based in Port-Harcourt, and I just can share his number online without his permission, but if u in PH I can seek his consent first before texting it to u

wenogodie2:

Please I'm handling something similar with a vehicle put in my care. Please can you drop the contact of your friend so he help me scan the vehicle.
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by wenogodie2: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
ubest1:
It depends your location he based in Port-Harcourt, and I just can share his number online without is permission, but if u in PH I can seek his consent first before texting it to u

No, I'm in Lagos unfortunately.
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by Morganaliticus: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
What car model and year?
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by buygala(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
2special:

Scan AC as how biko? smiley

As in an OBD scanning will pick up a faulty compressor, evaporator, condenser, or a leaking pipe?

Is all well with you Sir?

2 Likes

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by 2special(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
buygala:

Scan AC as how biko? smiley

As in an OBD scanning will pick up a faulty compressor, evaporator, condenser, or a leaking pipe?

Is all well with you Sir?
Yeah, at least you read where the O.P said his colleagues used a special AC auto testing machine to pinpoint the problem... it's really well with you Sir

1 Like

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by Dozieson(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
ubest1:
Good day my people, I said I should bring this my experienced here it may be a help to others in this situation. Four years ago after my follow come car compressor spoiled which I replaced it has been problem upon problems fixing it. Leakage upon leakage I was advised to change the evaporator I did, after a month it went bad again, the AC engineers pinpoint the problem on compressor which was repairs several times no still solution. Because am the type I can't drive a car without AC so I summon courage took the car to different companies change the compressor again, change dryer, hoses, pipes, condenser etc it works after like three month the leakage returned, get back for repairs this guy keep repairing my compressor changing hoses collecting money from me to a level I get tired and decided to be refilling monthly like am buying fuel, luckily a colleague of mine used his special AC auto testing machine to pinpoint the problem to GAS FILLING VALVES which was replaced with N500 till date am enjoying my car AC.
In case you having this experience try and change those VALVES first because the leakage was too tiny that form water can't detect the leakage and all the companies I visited none even talks about the VALVE direction their concentration always on evaporator, compressor,pipes, hose & condenser, God bless you all.

Please can you share a picture of the gas filling valve?
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by buygala(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
2special:
Yeah, at least you read where the O.P said his colleagues used a special AC auto testing machine to pinpoint the problem... it's really well with you Sir

Aside a guage that's used to test for car ac leaks, there is no such thing as an AC scanning machine that can identify all car ac issues.

Unless maybe you have manufactured one that we are yet to know about.
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by Kingdemu: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
2special:
But you earlier said the OP was wrong in using the AC testing apparatus and advised us to SCAN. Why are you now referring back to what you earlier said was wrong? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by 2special(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kingdemu:
But you earlier said the OP was wrong in using the AC testing apparatus and advised us to SCAN. Why are you now referring back to what you earlier said was wrong? cheesy
in the last paragraph from the OP write-up, he said .... incase you're having this experience try and change those valves First.... which to me is somehow wrong, you diagnosed before you prescribe, you scan first...is just like having headache, a doctor after diagnosing might advice a patient to take enough rest, whereas another patient with headache might be to drink more water and likewise another patient with headache might be given tablet......
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by 2special(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kingdemu:
I didn't mean to say the OP was wrong using the testing apparatus....to me he was wrong when he said,if you're experiencing the same problem that we should change the valves First... the right thing to me is to know the problem before changing the valves.
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by buygala(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
2special:
I didn't mean to say the OP was wrong using the testing apparatus....to me he was wrong when he said,if you're experiencing the same problem that we should change the valves First... the right thing to me is to know the problem before changing the valves.
[

@ bolded..

Know the problem by scanning the AC ..yeah? smiley
Re: How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage by okoroemeka(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
2special:
pls how do you scan an ac system?is it from the normal obd port or from another port?which scanner do you use for that?

(1) (Reply)

Code P0968 For Volvo S80, 2006 Model / NISSAN ALMERA TINO, Fuel Smells In The Car When U Drive. / Car Engine Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.