Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items (1590 Views)

Tea Party Author Says Evidence Proves Obama Married A Pakistani Man / 2010 Election. . .the Tea Party Paradigm / Tea Party Protests . . . Really Anti-obama Racist Rallies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by yeswecan(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ Tayo-D

No one is playing identity politics but you. From the inception of this thread you declared your support for two Tea party members only because, in your words, they "inspires liberal rage" - so it is clear. The puzzle is the question of identity on your part.

For your information my support for Obama came to an end somewhere along the extension of Bush tax cut - borrowing from pre-elect 'He's Useless To Liberals'. I do not see why he keeps getting support from the Liberal camp since he is more conservative than Mccain can ever be (in his actions): He put forward a health plan almost identical to those that had been supported by Republicans, pointedly rejecting the single-payer option favored by liberals;  he extended bush tax cuts;  the recent debt-ceiling deal came with cuts on social services and no tax increase for the rich. The guy is making the poor poorer,  he even continued Bush’s war and national security policies even though they are the main causes of US debt.  The guy is more useful to conservatives, this is also why i do not get the teabaggers  . . .

I do not denounce tea party because they are predominantlt whites i denounce them because it is a RACIST organisation. You do not need a pair of binoculars to see that . .
Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by cap28: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^^

Well said - Tayo D needs more than a pair of binoculars to see that the tea party are a bunch of racists - he needs a brain transplant.
Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by TayoD1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
@JeSoul,

A real darn shame. Malleable is downright the perfect word for Romney. He doesn't come off to me as someone with the strongest of convictions. On the flipside Bachmann and my hunting buddy Palin do, but they're just such polarizing figures. I believe it is possible to be of an ideological persuation but be able to win the (reasonable) opposition. And having an opinion on a matter doesn't mean you're always right, but be willing to listen to the other side as well. The more I look at politics - especially we the populace - the more I think our major differences are just misunderstandings. We all want the same thing (for the most part) - I think its the politicians that are screwing with us . . .
It appears you have accepted the narrative without question. What makes them polarizing other than they do not give in to the premise and the spirit of Washington? There is no way you can stand for something and not be seen as ideological. Reagan was a harmless, lovable fuss-ball, and yet was excoriated by the Left in this country. What about Clarence Thomas?

Lol . . . you've done your homework. I haven't looked into the details of the deal. Everything na trickery now I will like to think they made out as best they could not that I trust any of them. But word is the new sheriffs in town (tea party congressfolk) are laying the law down, we can be at least hopeful the spending spree will be halted. We can slowly eat into the debt one bill at a time . . .
I am trying to be as optimistic as you are but it's gonna be tough. Some inside info reveals that the hierarchy in the RNC actually threatened some Tea Party congressmen of redistricting their blocks so as to keep them from coming back to the House. Who needs the Left when so-called conservatives take such aim at you. Word is these Tea Party folks didn't back down and called their bluffs. We are in for some interesting times.

Really hmmm . . . do you have a link where I can check out the bill?
Details are still being revealed, however that is just how Washington works. Check out the following article I just was on yahoo! One can only wonder why they waited till that terrible bill passed before writing the piece.

Much of the problem has to do with the language of Washington, which, you might have noticed, is different from the speech you hear almost every other place on Earth. When most politicians talk of "cutting" spending, they don't always literally mean that they intend to reduce current spending levels. Instead, under this version of fiscal discipline, Congress merely agrees not to spend as much money as it initially had planned. Once that deal is struck lawmakers then turn around to sell their proposals as "cuts." http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/congress-did-not-actually-cut-federal-spending-201521533.html
Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by TayoD1(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2011
@yeswecan,

No one is playing identity politics but you. From the inception of this thread you declared your support for two Tea party members only because, in your words, they "inspires liberal rage" - so it is clear. The puzzle is the question of identity on your part.
I proclaimed muted support for two White Women and you accuse me of identity politics?  You wanna go search out what that phrase means?

For your information my support for Obama came to an end somewhere along the extension of Bush tax cut - borrowing from pre-elect 'He's Useless To Liberals'. I do not see why he keeps getting support from the Liberal camp since he is more conservative than Mccain can ever be (in his actions): He put forward a health plan almost identical to those that had been supported by Republicans, pointedly rejecting the single-payer option favored by liberals;  he extended bush tax cuts;  the recent debt-ceiling deal came with cuts on social services and no tax increase for the rich. The guy is making the poor poorer,  he even continued Bush’s war and national security policies even though they are the main causes of US debt.  The guy is more useful to conservatives, this is also why i do not get the teabaggers  . . .
I will let you continue in your delusion that Obama is anywhere conservative.  What I will want to know is why you voted for someone who's track record if any, does not reveal who he really is?  Could your identity politics have influenced your initial support?  Are the facts and reality now pushing you further away from an earlier stance?

I do not denounce tea party because they are predominantlt whites i denounce them because it is a RACIST organisation. You do not need a pair of binoculars to see that . .
You guys continue to press the self-destruct button with all these baseless accusations.  More Americans are beginning to see that all these accusations are nothing but slander for political advantage. First they are attacked as being uneducated, then bigots, racists and now terrorists.  Americans are beginning to see that the Left's modus operandi involve the destruction of the character of those who stand against them.  They tried to destroy Reagan, Bush, Sarah Palin, Justice Clarence Thomas, Bachmann etc., not based on the substance of the debate, but on campaign of lies.  The end is coming to this, and it is fun to see you guys unhinged. tongue
Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by yeswecan(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
Tayo-D:

@yeswecan,
I proclaimed muted support for two White Women and you accuse me of identity politics?  You wanna go search out what that phrase means?

You are a slowpoke if you think 'identity politics' is exclusive to race, There is nowhere in the States where identity politics is more powerful than in the Tea Party, in short, tea party is the definition of identity politics. In your head identity politics means supporting your race, sorry its more complicated than that. "Its a tendency for people of a particular religion, race , social background, etc, to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics". Thats tea party . . . without the bolded part there is no identity politics . . This is specific not the common parlance.

Tayo-D:

I will let you continue in your delusion that Obama is anywhere conservative.  What I will want to know is why you voted for someone who's track record if any, does not reveal who he really is?  Could your identity politics have influenced your initial support?  Are the facts and reality now pushing you further away from an earlier stance?

You are not making any sense, i presented specific arguments to support the proposition that 'Obama is a moderate conservative' by his actions; you need a counter-argument to talk back. I supported Obama because i thought he was a true liberal that is willing to discard traditional values. Now i know i thought wrong juding by his actions, it has nothing to do with his colour. And for your information my support for Obama means nothing i am Nigerian and proud. Debating US politics is like playing a video game to me, its nothing personal, i'm a mere visitor in the western world.
Re: My Tea Party Express Presidential Poll And Other Items by TayoD1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
@yeswecan,

You are a slowpoke if you think 'identity politics' is exclusive to race,
I see you are also infected by the same malaise that plagues all liberals - the false notion that you are smart when you call others names.  You know what, it is only a sign of immaturity and lack of self-control.  Please consider how to let go of such bad manners.

There is nowhere in the States where identity politics is more powerful than in the Tea Party, in short, tea party is the definition of identity politics. In your head identity politics means supporting your race, sorry its more complicated than that.  "Its a tendency for people of a particular religion, race , social background, etc, to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics". Thats tea party . . . without the bolded part there is no identity politics  . . This is specific not the common parlance.
Again jumping to conclusions based on what you assume that I think.  Let's go by your definitions to arrive at a conclusion here.  Can you prove that ALL Tea Party members without exclusion are bound by religion, race and social background as you listed above?  One thing binds them together - ideology.  While there may be fringe members who have other motives, the rule is very clear. Tea Partiers are bound together by the ideology that a weaker central government coupled with stronger state govt is necessary for the well-being of the republic.

You are not making any sense, i presented specific arguments to support the proposition that 'Obama is a moderate conservative' by his actions; you need a counter-argument to talk back.
It's sometimes better to let others continue in their delusion.  This explains my not bothering to counter your erroneous statement.  You make an argument from a premise that I chose not to accept. For instance, your premise with regards to Obamacare assumes that I agree that the FG should provide universal health care.  If I agree to such a premise, then you will be right to say that Obama is moderately conservative because he did not push for a single-payer system as his ultimate goal.  As a conservative, I do not believe in the govt taking over the health care system, so how can I even think someone who pushed for the system is a conservative?  Go figure!!!

I supported Obama because i thought he was a true liberal that is willing to discard traditional values. Now i know i thought wrong juding by his actions, it has nothing to do with his colour.
Like I have said several times on this forum, many supported Obama based on their projections of what they assume he is.  You are just one of many gullible folks who are now admitting what we have said earlier. Your case is a lot different though, considering that your profile name is same as Obama's campaign theme: "yes we can".  Is that just a coincidence or the full manifestation of identity politics?

And for your information my support for Obama means nothing i am Nigerian and proud. Debating US politics is like playing a video game to me, its nothing personal, i'm a mere visitor in the western world.
This is the most sensible thing I have read from you.  I wish people like cap28 can just admit same and stop hating on the US because he was probably denied a visa!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Having Sex With Door [PHOTO] / ISIS Releases Horrifying Footage Of Child Soldiers Executing Taliban Captives / Make Obamabots No See This One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.