Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School (16850 Views)

Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Maxymilliano(m): 2:22am On Jul 27, 2022
The Body of Benchers, on Tuesday, in a meeting reached a consensus to move the Call to Bar ceremony from the Law School premises in Bwari to its newly constructed Headquarters in the Jabi area of Abuja, The PUNCH has learnt.

Although the details were still sketchy, sources said, “The decision was informed by the security threat in Abuja and its environs.”

Some BOB members said the meeting was devoted to how to ensure a successful and hitch free Call to Bar on Wednesday.

https://punchng.com/insecurty-call-to-bar-moved-from-law-school/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1658869459

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Maxymilliano(m): 2:24am On Jul 27, 2022
CHANGE OF VENUE FOR CALL TO BAR CEREMONY

This is to notify all Members of the Body of Benchers and Aspirants to the Bar that the Call to Bar Ceremony earlier scheduled to hold at the Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Abuja has been rescheduled to hold as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 27th July, 2022
Venue: Body of Benchers Hall, Plot 688, Institute & Research District FCC, Phase III (Behind Federal Medical Centre, Jabi Airport Road), Abuja
Time: 12 Noon

Parents/Guardians/Friends of the aspirants and the General public should take note that the ceremony is strictly for the Aspirants, therefore only the Aspirants will be granted access to the venue.

There will be live coverage of the event on Channels Television as well as live streaming on YouTube.

ALL ASPIRANTS ARE TO BE SEATED BY 10 AM.

We regret all inconveniences caused by the change of venue.
Thank you.

Daniel Manasseh Tela, Esq
Secretary, Body of Benchers
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Seniorwriter(m): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2022
As expected...
NBA in Nigeria has a complexity problem with diverse facets....If you know you know....recently one of their members(NBA) was caught via voice or video recording bragging about been part of a syndicate that controls JUDGES......so he was asking for monies do they'll influence the magistrate on a particular case I can't seem to remember much details about...! Imagine the effontry....
Corrupt Lawyers dominate as majority in this law organization.

uchennamani:

Wetin concern this comment with the plan to move call to bar ceremony to a secure location?
What brought about the relocation? Insecurities....if the NBA was not a corrupt outfit by now most of our erring politians will be behind bar.
lexy2014:

Is the lawyer in question the one in olanipekuns chambers that made Akpata to ask olanipekun to resign as head of BOB?
Pinned

@Seniorwriter

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by ican2020: 2:42am On Jul 27, 2022
May God’ save my country from this reoccurring evil that has refused to go

6 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Kzinne: 2:44am On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Maxymilliano(m): 2:50am On Jul 27, 2022
If you are in this country and don't know how wrecked insecurity has become under the lifeless regime of Buhari, this is just a pointer out of many.

Very soon, major events like Armed Force rememberance days and independent day celebrations will be behind closed doors for fear of bandits attack.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by crestedaguiyi: 3:47am On Jul 27, 2022
The bandits should be after the judges not the poor lawyers.

The judges are the ones giving reckless judgement that sometimes look ridiculous

16 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 27, 2022
Just imagine a country that has leaders...

Well, as it is now, only the people can defeat Bokoharam, Only a united people can defeat Bokoharam, Only a trusted president can unite Nigeria.

2023 is our last chance...

7 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Lurdmax10: 3:54am On Jul 27, 2022
I expect the law students to boycott this ceremony in protest against insecurity and bad governance ravaging the country.

History will never be kind to Buhari

17 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by gabolak(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2022
Hope it won't reach the stage where those members of the National Assembly won't be able to hold their sittings in the chambers anymore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Betanaija42moro: 4:08am On Jul 27, 2022
Is so sad, Nigerians are not secured again, even Abuja is not safe again.
APC has failed. Insecurity, poverty, bad economy, corruption is bitting hard on this country.
Get your PVC and vote wisely.
Say no to bad governance.
Say no to APC and PDP

12 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by kenedy175(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2022
In saner climes, Buhari should have been impeached since his first tenure.

Our rubber stamp legislative can only threaten him with impeachment.

The state of the country is abysmal

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Honestfrend: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2022
This president is busy traveling from one country to another doing what does not concern him.

I have a strong belief that maybe now or in the future Nigeria go split..

4 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by tuoyoojo(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2022
It is well with this country

Everyday we hear bad news about insecurity across the country

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Melodistic(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2022
hmm issokay
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by SafariHunter(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
I expect someone to start his comment with "May God".
.... Ifaaaaslap you ehn!!!!....

Nigeria is gone, we are just barely holding on. The evils we have collectively failed to kick against due to stupid Tribal/Religious/Political bias has come to bite our Nyanssh hard.....

If you like vote Bat or TikTok, it'll only grow exponentially.
Military sef supposed just do small coup by now because the bold attacks in Abuja spell doom, now security forces are concentrated in Abuja thereby leaving the rest of Nigeria vulnerable. That's game the terrorists are playing, these guys are super organized and fucckinnng brutal!!!!!!( na just me dey imagine Sha)

Fellow Nigerians let us push the enemies of the state out on election day ooo...

Wetin concern me, my papa house na fortress, my people na warriors. We hold am stand, what about you

3 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
7 years of failure...

5 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
To where?
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by emmanuelbrown26: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
Breakfast time!!!!!! Let d killings and kid appings continue jare, after all, we live in a world DOG EAT Dog.
Shout out to all d hommies that saw tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Ara21(f): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
Buhari failed big time. It was not this bad in Jonathan's time.

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Enskynelson(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
Let's kick PDP and APC out come 2023 for a better Nigeria.
Remember, Nigeria was tired of PDP before APC came and now the APC has shown us their true colour.

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2022
Who said Nigeria doesn't have government? We have a government, and bandits are the government. They decide what they want, they tell us when schools should be open or close, they dictate when and where there should be telecommunication network, they determine what routes Buhari should take, they decide who should be in jail and who should be freed, they determine who deserves to live and who deserves to die. They are the grand commander in chief.

Buhari!!

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Kennitrust(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2022
It is baffling that in the face of Asaba serving as Nigeria’s first ever capital, Calabar and Lokoja are laying claims to the same historical position in Nigeria. Calabar’s claim especially is as a result of its thorough determination to boost its eco tourism profiles to attract local and international tourist lovers from around the world. But it is wrong to arrogate to itself what never occurred in history, particularly as records are there to buttress what truly transpired.
Claiming that Calabar was Nigeria’s first seat of power is non-recognition of Asaba in the colonial administration of the country. The British started the administration of Nigeria from the area called Asaba and propitiously that Asaba is still a part of the same Nigeria today. Therefore there was Calabar because there was Asaba administratively. The British cannot write the history of its first colonial headquarters in the area now called ‘Niger-Area’ (Nigeria) without Asaba. Any such history that neglects Asaba will be indistinguishable to the neglect of the colonial activities of the Royal Niger Company before Calabar.
Before Calabar, Asaba was the preferred choice of the British Royal Niger Company and Royal Niger Company was the incorporated institution of the British colonialists with which the British entered into treaties with locals and also conquered territories which they in due course annexed to the British Empire. It was on the potency of the Royal Niger Company that the British derived authority as well as imperial influence to present and support arguments on claims of territories at the Berlin conference. It was on the claim of Royal Niger Company that Great Britain’s claims were so recognized by other world leaders. In fact, the Royal Niger Company was Britain and
Britain was Royal Niger Company, since the company was its extended agent.
For proper comprehension of the discourse at hand, Sir George Goldie formed the National African Company in 1879, a mercantile company that operated in the lower valley of the River Niger in West Africa. He then persuasively encouraged other traders with similar economic aims to join him in the ownership of the company. This company then became an amalgamated British company. The company later translated to Royal Niger Company. Following the Berlin Conference of 1885 which made the partition of Africa possible, the Royal Niger Company in 1886 received a charter of incorporation authorized to engage in administration on behalf of the British.
It was the Royal Niger Company that extended the British influence in what later became Nigeria including Calabar and Lokoja, two other two claimants. The Royal Niger Company played significant role in the making of the country. For instance, it was the Royal Niger Company that signed treaties with the emirs of Sokoto and Gondo in 1885, an arrangement that effectively secured the areas of the Benue River and Lake Chad, thus blocking the advancing Germans. If Royal Niger
Company’s activities extended to far away Sokoto and Lake Chad, it is historically deceptive to conclude that Asaba never served as Nigeria’s first capital. The argument here is that Asaba was the headquarters of colonial administration of the British in Nigeria and that Asaba is still a part of Nigeria.
Royal Niger Company did not manage to subdue the Fulanis but it acquired for the British several northern emirates and forced them to recognize its suzerainty. It is historically correct to state that Asaba served Nigeria as its first capital from 1886-1900. There were a number of factors that ensured the relocation of the headquarters from Asaba to Calabar. In 1899, the Royal Niger Company became locked with territorial dispute with the French and added to this was the near perpetual complaints from the people of Brass which bothered on commercial interest but one must not fail to recall the stiffest Ekumeku resistance that the British faced in the hands of the Anioma people. The Ekumeku movement which spanned from 1898 to 1914 historically remains the longest resistance put up by any group against colonial imperialism in Nigeria and this forced the British to relocate to Calabar.
The argument in some quarters that the British never ruled Nigeria directly with Asaba as its capital but the Royal Niger Company did is no more than historical mendacity, perverted submission, and confusing argument. But if this must be accepted as factual, Calabar cannot also be said to be the capital of Nigeria but capital of Oil River Protectorate established in 1891 since the British never also ruled Nigeria directly from Calabar but with Oil Rivers Protectorate. Again, there was Oil River protectorate because there was Royal Niger Company just as administratively there was Calabar because there was Asaba.
There cannot be difference with Royal Niger Company and Oil Rivers Protectorate.
A history of Sir Goldie shows that he was a colonial administrator who worked for the British colonial interest, developing British rule on the River Niger and also responsible for bringing northern Nigeria under the British protectorate and finally part of independent
Nigeria. His company governed the area obtained by him for the British crown. It was on the strength of Royal Niger Company’s activities with Asaba as its capital that the British successfully claimed at the Berlin West Africa Conference of 1884 -1885, the areas that would later extend to Calabar. It was also the transference of the company’s charter to the imperial British government on December 31, 1899 that made possible the relocation of the nation’s capital to Calabar.
That the British colonial activities began first in Asaba but later extended to Calabar as its headquarters; that the same colonial power being Britain was involved; that the British operated with charter first with Asaba as its headquarters then Calabar; that the British concealed its interest using Royal Niger Company as a tool in Asaba, later Oil River Protectorate in Calabar and for the fact that Asaba from which the British first operated remains a part of Nigeria, Asaba remains Nigeria’s first capital.
The claim that the British never ruled Nigeria directly from Asaba therefore cannot lay claim to being the nation’s first capital is not only unsound to historians but obnoxious to true sense of judgment.
Granted that the making of Nigeria was at its decisive stage at the time the British made Asaba its capital but as it turned out, Asaba became favoured as the first ever headquarters of the British colonial administration. Asaba was the first capital of Nigeria, not Calabar or Lokoja that assumed the position in 1914.
By Emeka Esogbue
•Esogbue, is a Lagos based journalist

2 Likes

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by Samfloxin(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2022
Please let us share what the politīcians have left from their loot on the national cake,let me take my own and head to Namibia. I heard they have massive land with few occupants
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by nony43(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2022
On what indices will APC base their campaign. Like tell me one thing that they will and everyone will nod or gives them thumbs up. The next president has a lot to do.
Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by omenka(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2022
Do we really have a president in this country at all? This is horrible.

1 Like

Re: Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School by stabilizer: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2022
Where is that Malami? I was actually thinking the rumor abt the man in Aso Rock isn't Buhari but as it is now, that fit no be Buhari ooo.. How can a man who has once tiled this country as a military head of states failed woefully in the security aspect of his governed country.
I don't believe that idiot in Aso is Buhari. Whaew Re his associates, what happened to his extended families, where are the Fulani elites, are they all in one about this evil act or plan? Whichever way it is... Aba Kyari was killed just like ajumobi, same as Alex badeh and one of young smartest and abled chief of staff who was killed in an aero crash.. Hmmmm and that man na military head of state. It no go better for Malami. No wonder things are not going in order in every sector of the country, majority of Nigerians are just striving, struggling and pushing with all it takes hoping it go better when we've not even started the it go better journey.. I'm a full bloided yoruba citizen but at this junction, in begining to sense why rodent ate our presidential furniture will needs to be replace and the security door was brought down, I fully realized why Buhari order every one to withdraw and submit their registered and licensed arms when he come into the power. I understand fully well why Mamman family had the guy to hold up a fight agaisnt our first last at Aso Rock and the video could also erupt online, walahi Malami onisorire..Na Ogun go kill that evil Buratai. I won't curse Tinubu for now cause he's cursed already of what I'm thinking if true. No wonder they didn't say anything about the sighted helicopter which is said to be registered in abdusalam name that supplies basics to terrorist, do you remember aisha once deny the man in Aso Rock, she once said it too that some people have hijacked the government from her husband... What about oshiomole that threatened to say something when APC knack am wotowoto... He was silenced. WHERE ARE THE SOUTH SOUTH AVENGERS? Why do you think Obj and some elderstatemens always speaks in parable since 2019.. Everyone seems to be scared. Wether our minister of information is linked to terrorist or not, what happened back then requires the govt to terminate his appointment. Now, I remember very well when a kidnapped case was traces with money paid. The numbers on the notes were recored and sent out to all banks for security conscious of whoever walk into the bank to deposit with the said ransome notes, and the first person to be arrested at the bank with the money was an AIG... IN this same country?I hope we now realized the purpose of end sars.. Well... My dad said I should stop but that Malami dey fvckk Aishat codedly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Sacked From Your Workplace? / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! / How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.