Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU (1745 Views)

ASUU Strike: Does The Union Deserves Their Withheld Salaries? / 500 Persons Benefit From National Igbo Students Union In Outreach Program / ASUU Strike: What Led To The Walkout Of The Union Members During The Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Sheynex(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
"Be Patient With The Union In Its Current Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much To Sacrifice" - ASUU President Beg Nigerian Students

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has make a promise not to back down on there five months strike until the government answer them.

ASUU National President, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke make the vow during the Nigerian Labour Congress Mega at Abuja.

Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and ASUU Member stage solidarity protests at the Nigerian capital on Wednesday.

"We won't back down, we would fight to finish, two years is not too much to sacrifice for generations to come" [/i]he said.

Mr. Osodeke also thank the NLC and other Unions who join them in the struggle as he also beg Nigerian students to be patient with them.

[i]"We beg Nigerian students to be patient with us, Two years is not too much to sacrifice, this struggle is not for only the present students but for there children, grand and great grand children and generations to come"

"We would fight until governors and presidents children begin to attend our Universities"

ASUU has been on strike since February 14 2022.

https://exclusivebase.com.ng/be-patient-with-the-union-in-its-current-struggles-two-years-is-not-too-much-to-sacrifice-ASUU-president-beg-nigerian-students/

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Commentor: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hahaha.

I dey laugh students wey dey cheer ASUU on.

grin

They've made their careers and put yours on hold.

They would receive their emoluments with maybe a negotiated increase.

If you were in your second year, a fresher in UK stands a greater chance of graduating ahead of you.

10 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by JASONjnr(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
My only problem is having to being this up when Buhari is almost leaving office ...

They were supposed to have started the strike immediately after Buhari's second term strated...

That way, they will bring Buhari to his kneels...

The insecurities in the country presently is worrisome... Abuja is almost on a shutdown and if they break into Abuja, then they can break into any state...

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by tayewomi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
Chaii!!My only mistakes was paying my school fees before the strike,i would have simply move on with my life..This strike go long pass ONitsha bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by paulolee(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
24 wasted months is not too much?? I pity students caught up in this mess

4 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by hopman98: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
The Buhari-led govt used this samestrike as a campaign tool against the GEJ-led govt. Yet, the weyrey tenure was much worse than GEJ own. May we never experience this again. Mod abeg front page pls

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by sinkhole: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Seriously, two years? embarassed
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Sardauna24(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
Chaiii......
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Mario1989(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
IN THIS BUHARI REGIME, THREE(3) POLITICIANS CAN PAY ASUU WHAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR. THIS REGIME IS THE MOST CORRUPT AND INHUMAN REGIME IN NIGERIA HISTORY...
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Brainmytool: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Can someone help me tell Peter Obi dat we are still on strike
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by MDK777: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ride on you all got my support
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by blaquebelle: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
Blood of Jesus. These people want to use my destiny to play football.

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by MagnoIia(f): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
pdp are behind this strike using ASUU as cover up

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Teenwolf(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
ASUU and FG dey craze angry
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by princefrank76: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
They are insane to issue out such uncouthed statement!!

What then is the faith of the Nigerian students?

All these incessant strike is among the reason why a lot of youths involved in fruad and other crimes

3 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by khadaffi(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
princefrank76:
They are insane to issue out such uncouthed statement!!

What then is the faith of the Nigerian students?

All these incessant strike is among the reason why a lot of youths involved in fruad and other crimes

Dem dey talk of money you dey talk of youth. You know how much the lecturers are fighting for here. grin let the kids relax first abeg

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Acidosis(m): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
By the time APC is done with Naija ehn !
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Bdotnets: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
APPLY: 2022/23 TPAPY Educational Foundation Scholarship for Nigerian Students

Host Country: Republic of Benin

Study Abroad: Study in Africa

Category: Undergraduate Scholarships

Eligible Countries: All Countries

Reward: N210,000

Referral Code: BJC101

Deadline: Not Specified

CLICK LINK TO APPLY � https:///3B6ruxk
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by beautyhd: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
These students are already frustrated .

Later they will say yahoo is on the rise when these youngsters are idle.

Since Covid 19 year(2020), I doubt if these students have spent complete 6months in session.

6 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by lekzy116(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
God embarassed

These people made me regret the choice I made 5years ago. I would've just go for HND and please my dad rather than trying to trail after B.Tech. Now am stuck in the middle of no where with just 2 months remaining to crown my efforts and say goodbye to undergraduate.

Well, it's not yet over. I just need to move on but the truth is that the beautiful dream has been killed already, am diverting my focus to somewhere else now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Honlucas: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
sinkhole:
Seriously, two years? embarassed

shey u see why ASUU dy selfish bro

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Richy4(m): 12:30am On Jul 28, 2022
The saddest part is that their children are not studying in Nigeria...
Most of the senators ignoring the fact that students were at home, their children are not in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by princefrank76: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2022
khadaffi:

Dem dey talk of money you dey talk of youth. You know how much the lecturers are fighting for here. grin let the kids relax first abeg
chaiii!!

I see!!

U dey sound like this because de strike no affect u!! I believe u don graduate already
Re: Be Patient With The Union In Its Struggles, Two Years Is Not Too Much - ASUU by Messsi1: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
lekzy116:
God embarassed

These people made me regret the choice I made 5years ago. I would've just go for HND and please my dad rather than trying to trail after B.Tech. Now am stuck in the middle of no where with just 2 months remaining to crown my efforts and say goodbye to undergraduate.

Well, it's not yet over. I just need to move on but the truth is that the beautiful dream has been killed already, am diverting my focus to somewhere else now.
brother we're on the same shoe

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? / Study Affordable Ba £6950* And Mba £3,950* In London / NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY (UNIZIK) POST UTME EXAM 2013/2014 UPDATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.