Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) (41003 Views)

Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / Pictures From Ongoing NLC Protest In Ikeja Lagos / Protesters Mock Ngige With ‘okija Priest’ Banner (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by IMPACT05(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Okija priest’, protesters mock Ngige at NLC protest

Some protesters were seen carrying a banner in mockery of the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, on Wednesday in Abuja at the ongoing protest organised by the Nigeria Labour Congress in solidarity with the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

An official of the ASUU who spoke to our correspondent said they were carrying the banner as a form of protest against the Labour Minister over his inability to resolve the issues between the federal government and ASUU, and for his last Wednesday’s statement concerning the ongoing protest.

He said, “We’re mocking Dr Chris Ngige with this banner because he was against the protest despite not being able to convince the Federal Government for over five months to resolve the issues with ASUU, and also for speaking against the protest last week.”

The NLC had threatened to go on a two-day protest on July 26 and 27 in solidarity with the strike by the ASUU.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that Ngige said he would be surprised if the NLC goes ahead with the planned protest.

ASUU had been on strike since February 14, with parties involved running into gridlock over issues bordering on funding universities, as well as on salaries and allowances of lecturers.

But speaking with journalists last Wednesday, Ngige said it was against international labour practice for the congress to embark on such a protest.

The minister said the NLC has representatives in the negotiation with ASUU, adding that the congress is privy to all discussions with the university lecturers’ union.

He said, “It is a very incongruous situation I must tell you. Why? NLC is on the table of the discussion. They are there. I invited them as the head of the federation to which ASUU belongs, to which SSANU belongs, to which NAAT belongs.

“I invited them. And so, they are on the table as their senior partner. That’s one. Two, we have a National Labour Advisory Council inaugurated in January 2021. It is an ILO instrument, an ILO architecture for labour unions, governments, and the private sector to come together at any given time.

“So, we’ve just finished our meeting in March, and this issue was tabled before them. And the NLC is in NLAC, the National Labour Advisory Council, and much more importantly, the head of NLC, Nigeria, has an affiliate of workers federation, world over called International Trade Union Congress.

So, I will be surprised if he’s going ahead with his NEC to do a demonstration, knowing fully well that that is not permissible in international labour parlance.”

https://punchng.com/okija-priest-protesters-mock-ngige-at-nlc-protest/

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Dagah2: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ngige was once everybody's toast in Anambra...
APC wrecked his political life intoto

343 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by farouk2much(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
End APC now and ASUU will never go to strike again...... But if we mistakenly let that drug dealer enter villa....... Wallai we don finish kpata-kpata.....

Anyway 3rd to comment ........... never happen since i register with NAIRALAND

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Ange01(f): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
He is not doing his job well

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by cocoboss(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ngige is an urchin , he is no longer important or valued in SOUTH EAST

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by KayCee92(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin
Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by JealousCobra(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
cheesy

And really the masquerade in the banner looks exactly like the APC Clown labour Minister Mr Ngige..

25 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Emperor07(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Truth be told
Ngige is not qualified been a minister
A colossal failure

42 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by ephraim18(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
No be only okija priest...
Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by daniska3yaro(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Things don bad o

1 Like

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by paulolee(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
that ngige deserves worst...the man no try atall

7 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by SocialJustice: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dagah2:
Ngige never stood out as an outstanding politician to me. What did he do in Anambra, what is his legacy?

Thanks for the mentions. So he's another Fashola that went from superb governor to useless minister.

34 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Olololonwa: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
He is collecting wotowoto
Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Vifx: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ha
Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by ecolime(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dagah2:
I remember 2015 to 2016, some Nairalanders were calling Buhari a good man in a bad party. Was just laughing because there is nothing as such. Thank God we can all see for ourselves now undecided

You can't call yourself a decent man but yet you are card carrying member of an evil party.

20 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ngige is as confused as the president. I am wondering the effectiveness of the combination of Ngige and Kenyamo. I feel some positions need be scrapped.

4 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Badonasty(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
Lol…No remorse

1 Like

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by MartinsD12(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
SocialJustice:
Ngige never stood out as an outstanding politician to me. What did he do in Anambra, what is his legacy?
He built many roads in anambra

5 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Floorbeat(f): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
Funny pic

1 Like

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Melkilala: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
SocialJustice:

Me: He exposed a long standing powerful cabal in Anambra and liberated the state...he was truly outstanding until he joined APC...

22 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by sofiscatedmoron: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by ogub(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
May God help us
Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Dagah2: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
SocialJustice:
Ngige fought god-fatherism to a halt. He started the road construction revolution in Anambra. He did exceptionally well that when Peter Obi reclaimed his mandate, we felt bad and that he should have continued.

10 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by tillaman(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin
Life is a dreaded Bxtch

1 Like

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Sonnobax15(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
lipsrsealed
In a sri lanka kind of citizenry,peeps like Ngige would have been thrown out of the window of the ministry..

5 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Primusinterpares(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
This shit is getting real

1 Like

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Dagah2: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
Melkilala:

Me: He exposed a long standing powerful cabal in Anambra and liberated the state...he was truly outstanding until he joined APC...
Exactly bro...
Twice in an election cycle, I voted him against Peter Obi and Willie Obiano.

3 Likes

Re: 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture) by Antoeni(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
Even Chief Priest , See This Government Finish

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Calls Tinubu 'Last Man Standing'. Tinubu Says: 'Still Standing' / Photos: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Attack In Chad / Photos From Colonel Emmanuel Nwobosi Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.