Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi (3826 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Busted For Using Fake Photos As Atiku Campaigns In Sokoto / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term / Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Move2(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
https://gazettengr.com/nigerian-soldiers-busted-for-sharing-in-n100-million-ransom-paid-by-deji-oyewunmi-abducted-kaduna-train-passenger/

Peoples Gazette has been informed that Nigerian soldiers took cuts in the ransom paid by one of the passengers seized by bandits who intercepted a Kaduna-bound train on March 28.

Deji Oyewunmi, a manager at Iris Smart Technologies
an immigration contractor in charge of international passport printing and distribution, was one of the three victims released on Monday by armed groups after paying a N100 million ransom. It was unclear how much the other victims paid, but one of them said the Buhari regime had no input in the efforts that yielded his release.

The Gazette learnt that Mr Oyewunmi’s firm raised N60 million, while the remaining N40 million came from a coalition of friends and family. At least two people directly involved in the fund-raising and release activities
told The Gazette anonymously how Nigerian soldiers shared in the ransom.

“After we did all the consultations and we arranged. the
N100 million cash for the bandits, we met some Nigerian soldiers at several checkpoints leading to the forests in Kajuru, and they
collected large amounts ranging from N100,000 to N220,000,” a source familiar with the matter said. “They were boldly telling us that it was their share of the ransom and the bandits would understand.”

“We were short about N700,000 from the N100 million by the time we got to the bandits,” the source added. “We were all ashamed that Nigerian soldiers had the audacity to openly collect their own share because they were laughing
and mocking us at the checkpoints that it was their own share of the ransom we were taking to the bandits.”

Another source said some of the soldiers
sympathised with the victims and their relatives affected by the mass abduction but said they had also been in the trenches for months without adequate
supplies.

“Some of the soldiers said they were sent to guard the forests in Niger, Kaduna and other states because of bandits but they were not properly armed and no food for them,” the source said. “They said the military generals abandoned them in the forests to the awareness of even the bandits.”
A spokesman for the Nigerian Army did not return requests seeking comments regarding what the headquarters might have been told about the extortion
activities and welfare of soldiers deployed in the troubled North-West.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by azpekuliar: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
Why am I not shocked.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Floorbeat(f): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
wink undecided
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
H
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by kotubi: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Massdamm(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Oga oooo...
They should blame the government not the soldiers....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Typicool8(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
Haa if this is true then it is finished
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by MITCHELL96: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
azpekuliar:
Why I'm I not shocked.

Use "Am" instead of "I'm" whenever you're questioning okay ?

You just said why i am i not shocked

Thank you. smiley

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Saviourk: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
checkpoints leading to the forests in Kajuru, and they
collected large amounts ranging from N100,000 to N220,000

Not surprised! criminals in uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Qtrpst4: 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Wetin dey worry you exactly, see as you dey carry another useless man language for head,
you no get your own?

Go fix your inferiority complex issues abeg

MITCHELL96:

Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by MITCHELL96: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Wetin dey worry you exactly, see as you dey carry another useless man language for head,
you no get your own?

Go fix your inferiority complex issues abeg

This has nothing to do with you dude, learn to mind your business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by paramakina202: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
They are government bandits even AsÖrock will get their own share.Shameless things

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Fkmodhi: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
The country is damage, it can’t be redeem again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by psucc(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Somebody at the Presidential Villa will also have a share. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by UptownVibes(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
psucc:
Somebody at the Presidential Villa will also have a share. This is Nigeria.
Just say it directly. Buhari will also have his share.. Nothing to hide there again nau

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by NwaMamaIwota(f): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
See what omenka party is causing.

cursed bastard Apc criminals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Onigawara(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hmm *speechless
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by ibechris(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
Oh Jesus.

This country is utterly destroyed by Buhari.

They must be Bokoharam soldiers working hand in hand with Bandits.

What a country!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Qtrpst4: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Look at you, was the guy talking to you? Did you mind your business before correcting his English? Teacher teach me nonsense

MITCHELL96:

This has nothing to do with you dude, learn to mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by odaniel1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Blood of Jericho! If this has not made me want to travel out the more make I bend! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by MITCHELL96: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Look at you, was the guy talking to you? Did you mind your business before correcting his English? Teacher teach me nonsense

Are you done ? grin now go back to your dungeon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by pacino26(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
Back in the day, NPF used to have marked bills used for covert and surveillance operations.

Nigeria get better past, our future as a nation get as e be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Authoreety: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Always knew that our law enforcement officers hav been compromising...

Peter Obi will stop this nonsense.. I'm so sure oof that!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by azpekuliar: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Thank you. smiley

Oh! cheesy

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Babaken(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
azpekuliar:
Why I'm I not shocked.
because as long as Nigeria is concern anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by seborrhic: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
This is the kind of shitty story that puts that junk of an online news media, People'sGazette in trouble.
Is it that easy to carry ₦100m cash about and be openly displaying it to soldiers at checkpoints,when any reasonable person knows there maybe some security operatives at these checkpoints who,having seen the cash could quickly organise for it to be stolen b4 it gets to the bandits?
Anyway,it's people that read trash stories from PG that are being made to look like f ools.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by MITCHELL96: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
azpekuliar:

Oh! cheesy

Thank you!

You're welcome.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by MITCHELL96: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
Qtrpst4:

Look up here kid cheesy The person i corrected is even happy and thankful, he's even an old NL member, meaning he's not a kid.

Next time, mind your business kid.✌️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Gandollar(f): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
azpekuliar:

Oh! cheesy

Thank you!
Uwc dear. This is what you should simply do. Not those guys doing gbasgbos up there

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by Gandollar(f): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
seborrhic:
This is the kind of shitty story that puts that junk of an online news media, People'sGazette in trouble.
Is it that easy to carry ₦100m cash about and be openly displaying it to soldiers at checkpoints,when any reasonable person knows there maybe some security operatives at these checkpoints who,having seen the cash could quickly organise for it to be stolen b4 it gets to the bandits?
Anyway,it's people that read trash stories from PG that are being made to look like f ools.
You must be a Ghanian..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Busted For Sharing In N100 Million Ransom Paid By Deji Oyewumi by SouthSouth1914: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Nigeria needs a hard reset!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Stepping On Toes / Development In Electricity / Power Sector / WAEC Officially Responds To Request For Copies Of Buhari's Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.