Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) (93943 Views)

Burial Photos Of Corper Who Drowned In Bayelsa Boat Accident; Friends Mourn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Offpoint1: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:
Though the NYSC scheme gradually loses its relevance yearly, the fact remains that it is a semi-paramilitary service (if I can use that classing) & is very regimented which is why Camps have a lot of military personnel & the DG of NYSC is always a top military officer.

Given the above, it is almost impossible to see a female soldier or female security officer wearing clothing outside the norm or approved wears, hence, same is applicable to Corpers...

However, the NYSC may consider looking into this aspect & come up with an acceptable standard for those who have strong religious beliefs on clothing or alternatively, make the Camp optional for those set of people (females only).
If you have a "strong religious beliefs ” you placed above a circular educational institutions and her code of conduct... Simply don't attend circular schools, there are RELIGIOUS schools out there for you.

You go join army begin dey yarn dust sey camouflage is is against your religious beliefs, you no blind before you join.

1 Like

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Niyinficient(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

No Matter the kind of uniform or whatever you do, I cannot as a man, put on a skirt. It is abomination.
So likewise it is for a woman.
We Live in a world where abnormality and abominations has become normal.

I rather Please GOD than please man under any guise.

Been reading your comments here ever since. You are always on point but on this, you goofed. Were you to be a Scott, would kilt be a sin to thee? There are trousers for men and there are trousers for women just like in the Bible times when men and women wore gowns but made in different ways. Some culture and traditions here in Nigeria have men wearing wrappers, their women also use wrappers but made specifically for them.

Let the lady go and get her appropriate outfit. We too Dey allow religion drive us nuts!
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Offpoint1: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

No Matter the kind of uniform or whatever you do, I cannot as a man, put on a skirt. It is abomination.

Problem with people like you is you fail to reason beyond your noses and you drink and eat hypocrisy.

NYSC wasn't established yesterday, before you gained admission into versity you have already know there's a mandatory NYSC scheme you'll attend after graduation. You sure know their ethics, code of conducts, rules and regulations.
You're not oblivious to all of the above I listed, you know what is and what's not against your moral standards and religious beliefs.
You should have chosen to attend a religious school instead of circular ones to meet your religious Standard.
NYSC camp is a place of mental developments, not some spiritual camp.

If a circular educational institutions conduct says "cap is mandatory ” and your religious belief is against caps, then don't attend circular school.

If your church conduct is for everyone to attend service with their Bibles, those without Bibles shouldn't be allowed inside the church; me fully aware of the conduct I decided to come to service without Bible and the ushers throws me out... Will you support the ushers actions or you'll support me? who's right and who's wrong?

1 Like

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Offpoint1:

If you have a "strong religious beliefs ” you placed above a circular educational institutions and her code of conduct... Simply don't attend circular schools, there are RELIGIOUS schools out there for you.

You go join army begin dey yarn dust sey camouflage is is against your religious beliefs, you no blind before you join.

Again, some of you need to learn decorum when quoting comments.

NYSC is not the Army & there is not wrong if some considerations are made. And if the government feels such changes are not necessary, the status quo remains. That doesn't mean those with contrary opinions shouldn't air thier views.

You need to learn tolerance of opinions especially when those opinions do not insult your own beliefs and person.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Akagas(m): 7:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
There is nothing absolutely wrong with her wearing a skirt. It's the same material, it's the same uniform.

Even in the military, you have women who put on their skirts.

Trouser is not for women! It's for men.
Even if the whole women Worldwide put on trousers, it doesn't make it right.
She is not man! And so her putting on skirt is not a crime.

Infact she is a worthy example for the ladies.
So incase of emergency how would she run,?
If she is against putting on that she better go home.period by the way who Is she deceiving by that idea.
Very anyhow living.....joooo

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by mat2lock(m): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

I have simply question for you, who designated trousers are clothing for men, was it God or man and if God, kindly direct me to the book or wherever it is stated.

1 Like

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Offpoint1: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:

Again, some of you need to learn decorum when quoting comments.

NYSC is not the Army & there is not wrong if some considerations are made. And if the government feels such changes are not necessary, the status quo remains. That doesn't mean those with contrary opinions shouldn't air thier views.

You need to learn tolerance of opinions especially when those opinions do not insult your own beliefs and person.
There was at no point did I insulted you or any beliefs.
If government should start "considering" everyone based on their opinions then you'll have a chaotic society.

1 Like

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Softmirror: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2022
emorse:

The ladies in the photos have trousers/leggings that were APPROVED by the governing bodies on. The NYSC uniform is a t-shirt, a pair of trousers and a jacket. I'm not aware that they have APPROVED skirts. Enlighten me please.

By the way, I don't know if you're old enough to remember that the Cameroonian national team used the jerseys in the first photo after their first game at the 2002 AFCON because FIFA/CAF REJECTED the sleeveless one in the second photo. Do you still want to talk about uniforms sir?

THOSE TROUSERS ARE A NEW MODEL DESIGNED TO COMFORM WITH A CERTAIN PEOPLE'S CULTURE. THAT IS THE POINT. AND IT TOOK YEARS OF SOLICITATION. IT WILL ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME IN THE NEAREST FUTURE LADIES WILL BE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN SKIRTS AND TROUSERS FOR NYSC INORDER TO CONFORM WITH A PEOPLE'S WAY OF LIFE. MY POINT IS, LAWS ARE MADE BY HUMANS AND CHANGED BY HUMANS AT WILL. EVEN WITH YOUR ANALOGY CHANGE IS PERMANENT. TAKE A LOOK AT LAWN TENNIS.

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ike007(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
There is nothing absolutely wrong with her wearing a skirt. It's the same material, it's the same uniform.

Hahahahahaha olodo
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by LilCfour: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2022
She never see anything, is she the first muslim female copa who has ever served in Nigeria?
What rubbish! Do these people think they can breach the law in any Nigerian organisation at will?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by stawarts(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Pls where the law that says trouser is not for woman emanate from
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by BrashMan: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

You can as well tell women not to wear pants or tights because it has two legs like a man's trousers.
Where is it written in Bible that trousers is strictly for men? Who set the standard? Is it God that created trousers and call it men's wear?
In Scotland, men wear skirt. Men also wear Jalabia or whatever they call it thag looks like female gown. Would u also call thag a sin?

I'm sure you and your kinsmen do tie wrapper in the name of traditional wear and you don't see anything wrong with it. Isn't wrapper meant for women?

You better study your Bible with your brain intact and stop following the band wagon.

Stop outsourcing your brain to your pastor.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2022
Offpoint1:

There was at no point did I insulted you or any beliefs.
If government should start "considering" everyone based on their opinions then you'll have a chaotic society.

Which is why I used decorum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, you can make yours without having to quote another person's & if you do, then be civil.

There is a reason why there are rules & regulations. Considerations would be done within certain conditions. It is forcing everyone to be in a 'box' that has led nigeria to where it is today.

My humble submission is that sometimes, we need to sit down & review areas of conflict of interest & address them before they snowball into larger problems.

& if it is determined that the status quo is preferable, then it should be clearly stated to those with a different view in such a way that it does not breed bad blood or crisis.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Offpoint1: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:

Which is why I used decorum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, you can make yours without having to quote another person's & if you do, then be civil.

There is a reason why there are rules & regulations. Considerations would be done within certain conditions. It is forcing everyone to be in a 'box' that has led nigeria to where it is today.

My humble submission is that sometimes, we need to sit down & review areas of conflict of interest & address them before they snowball into larger problems.

& if it is determined that the status quo is preferable, then it should be clearly stated to those with a different view in such a way that it does not breed bad blood or crisis.
Your submission should work perfectly well in other areas, but not when religion is involved.

As long as Nigeria is concerned there will always be conflict of interest when religion is involved. There's no acceptable way to explain anything to a religious institutions and individuals without causing bad blood. It might work in other western countries, but definitely not in Africa.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by MDK777: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria must become islamized Sharia law abiding is the best way
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by rapheal5(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

The way u take carry this mata 4 head even people wey force this religion on us dey learn frm u....
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Toni19: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2022
Another problem with insanity when people just want to cause unnecessary war. Does make it right to wear palazzo to NYSC camp?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Peacecore: 9:18am On Jul 28, 2022
kingw:
A saying says when you are Rome you gat to behave like the Romans ,well I agree she is dressing based on her faith ,but wat the laws says she should follow..if the laws does prohibit the authorized dressing she could dress anyhow she likes
Nysc got a dressing code bro

Buh supreme court has abolished the idea of dress code from every institution by their recent judgement.

1 Like

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Peacecore: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Please they should wear it in camp and climb rope ladder.

tongue
while u go dey for the foot of the ladder smiley smiley

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by joshuaidibia(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Let your sister go to a Sharia town and wear trouser or bum shot. You're a biblical fool
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Offpoint1:

Your submission should work perfectly well in other areas, but not when religion is involved.

As long as Nigeria is concerned there will always be conflict of interest when religion is involved. There's no acceptable way to explain anything to a religious institutions and individuals without causing bad blood. It might work in other western countries, but definitely not in Africa.

Doesn't mean we can't give it a try...

If I recall correctly, hasn't NYSC already approved the use of Hijab for female Muslim corpers? Isn't that a concession to the Muslim faith already?

We cannot always deal in absolutes if we want to coexist is peace...

& again, it shows how unsuited we are to live & develop today as one country if we do not review & restructure our present socio-political & financial arrangement.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Alexgeneration(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:

Why are you so mannerless?

Do you speak out of your butthole before you think with your brain?

Go and create the separate uniform and exempt religious people from service.

You lots don't think before spewing rubbish online. I wonder how you graduated from secondary school if you cannot think and process information properly.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2022
Good one it could be a terrorist, or a guy disguised as a lady, later they will go to the girls quarter to rape them, if cant respect the dress code stay at home, to serve Nigeria is not by force. angry
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by VirileNelly2420: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Clothing can only b made formal/gender specific by d people. If d people see trousers as a unisex attires, dey become one!

Even in d Bible where d declaration was made, men were wearing gown or overall, not trousers.

Even Christ himself wore same gown as at den.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Revamp20: 9:43am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Now! This is absolute heresy.

What book of the Bible states that "trouser is for men"?

I think it's high time evangelists take "Bible study" more seriously and pay attention to accurate doctrinal study.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Revamp20: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

But if you had been born in igboland, you would have been joyously tying wrapper

Or even Scotland where their men wear skirts.

Did Jesus put on trousers in His days? What was Jesus putting on?

We must learn to separate customs, traditions, ethics and morals from the biblical prescription
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Dfynboi: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

shataap, why can't we obey simple instructions,did they ever asked copers to wear skirt,yes or no
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Go and create the separate uniform and exempt religious people from service.

You lots don't think before spewing rubbish online. I wonder how you graduated from secondary school if you cannot think and process information properly.

Lol.

Definitely an ill-bred lout... that is the 'thing' you are.

You talk before you think. You can't process information but you just feel you have to open your orifices & pollute the 'space' because this is a faceless forum.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Alexgeneration(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:

Lol.

Definitely an ill-bred lout... that is the 'thing' you are.

You talk before you think. You can't process information but you just feel you have to open your orifices & pollute the 'space' because this is a faceless forum.

Because you can string-up a couple of words in English language,you think you're intelligent and can give your stvpid opinion on important issues.

"NYSC DG", go and give religious people a separate uniform and even exempt them from service. Anuofia.

Please, also extend it to the military too. Religious soldiers should wear gown while serving, they can even be exempted from service because they are religious.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Because you can string-up a couple of words in English language,you think you're intelligent and can give your stvpid opinion on important issues.

"NYSC DG", go and give religious people a separate uniform and even exempt them from service. Anuofia.

Please, also extend it to the military too. Religious soldiers should wear gown while serving, they can even be exempted from service because they are religious.

A liliputan with an over inflated ego, that is the 'thing' you are.

I'd you were not so blinded by your misdirected frustration, you would know that NYSC already allows the use of hijab which already makes your deluded rants irrelevant.

Since you are against such, you might as well go to NYSC camps & chase out all hijab wearing corpers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo) / Corper Gbadamosi Mayowa Brags About Sleeping With His Students In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.