Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics (2339 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by EkoIle1: 1:38am On Aug 01, 2011

Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital

Patients Express Gratitude As Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital

Jul 29, 2011 - Patients at the Maternal and Childcare Centre in Gbagada, on Friday praised Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), for his commitment to the delivery of quality healthcare to the people of Lagos.

Governor Fashola interacted with the patients when he visited the Maternal and Childcare Centre after undertaking a tour of the first of its type Cardiac and Renal Centre as well as the Trauma and Burns Centre both of which civil work had been completed at Gbagada General Hospital in the Kosofe Local Government Area, to assess the progress of work on the installation of medical equipment at both Centres.

Speaking to newsmen during the visit to the Maternal and Childcare Centre which is also within the complex, a woman patient and nursing mother who gave her name as Mrs. Bassey, describe the Governor as God-sent adding that both the medical facilities and the personnel combined to make life easy and comfortable for them.

Another patient and nursing mother who gave her name as Mrs. Rhoda said, "God is using Governor Fashola and the nurses and doctors to save lives of Nigerians in Lagos. I am truly grateful to Governor Fashola. He has really tried and he is still trying to make life comfortable for us. We thank him".[b]

Conducting Governor Fashola round the Cardiac and Renal Centre earlier, the Project Director of Deux Projects, the contractor handling the facility, Dr Walter Olatunde, told the Governor, who was accompanied by the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, that the civil work on the Cardiac and Renal Centre has been completed adding that what is being done now is installation of highly sophisticated medical equipment.

While taking the Governor through the various sections of the complex, Dr. Olatunde explained that the Cardiac and Renal Centre is an 80-bed facility with 24 dialysis stations, a 15-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with special laminar flow for extra sterility.

According to the Project Director, the Centre will undertake Open Heart Surgery; Heart Transplant, Kidney Transplant and Invasive Cardiac Procedures adding that it also has 64 Slice CT scan which is first of its kind in the country and Cath Lab.

It would be recalled that Governor Fashola, in early July this year, while hosting an Indian Medical Mission from Ruby Hall, India, at the Lagos House, Ikeja, reiterated the commitment of his administration to reducing, to its barest minimum, the number of medical cases taken abroad from the State for treatment saying the capital flight resulting from such foreign treatments was not good for the State.[/b]

The Governor told the six-man Mission led by Dr. Sameer Ghotavadekar, who were in the State to assist the local medical team to perform cardiac surgery in the State's University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH),"Our objective is to reduce the amount of money we spend exporting patients to India for treatment. It is not good for our business. I want to keep that business in Lagos, I want to keep it for our doctors, I want to keep it for our nurses".

Saying that his administration was also interested in developing a competitive exchange with India, Governor Fashola noted that one of the responsibilities of government is the obligation to prolong life, to make it worth living adding that this can only be done if the people are kept healthy as a healthy workforce, a healthy population, is a useful asset to any nation.

Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by EkoIle1: 1:38am On Aug 01, 2011
/

Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by EkoIle1: 1:43am On Aug 01, 2011
I remember claiming a while back that Lagos state was constructing the best Renal and Heart centers in Nigeria, well, it here.

God Bless The Great State Of Lagos
Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by antitpiah: 1:51am On Aug 01, 2011
Why show us the building, who cares about the building

Show us the inside, I mean the cool toys inside
Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by phantom(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2011
antitpiah:

fashola the 'show' man, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by EkoIle1: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2011
phantom:

fashola the 'show' man, grin grin grin grin grin

I still prefer the showman that just built the the best Renal and Cardiac center in West Africa and not some side walk pepper soup and beer belly governor parading around with and calling 400 crate poultry grand achievement especially when the same joker spends more money than Lagos state.

With so much money, na only mediocre poultry the people deserve?

These backward people sef.
Re: Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital. Pics by EkoIle1: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2011
antitpiah:

You mean they should pack multi billion dollar equipment inside uncompleted structure?

You people no dey even make the smallest effort to think or make use of your already meager brains.

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Destroys Tech Dreams: They Want To Hijack My Stem Cell Project / Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? / Nigeria Backs Rail To Boost Economic Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.