Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? (2342 Views)

Check Out The Beauty That Is Adams Oshiomhole's Wife, Mrs Iara (photos) / Usa Write’s Oshiomole Over $6b Stolen Fund’s Comment — Spy Nigeria / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by homesteady(m): 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
IMO, its a big YES!! He is so so over-hyped!! To start with - I won't deny that he is the best thing that has happened to my Father's land!! He made benin look like were human beings can be found!! Lucky igbinidion was the worst thing that happened to edo state!!.
He also succeeded in making people think that Edo state is one 'HEAVEN' you'll not like to miss! (I've seen many victims especially on Nairaland) Well it is a good thing, because I can proudly tell anyone that I am from edo state!! Lol!!
But coming down to reality,Oshiomole is just one of those governors!! It 'll be a crime to humanity to classify oshiomole under the league of performing governors!! I was so shocked when I saw oshiomole's name among the list of performing governors!! And I was so surprised that people that I thought were intelligent were praising him!!
Oshiomole only transformed Ring road in benin city!! Just one area!! And he re-constructed many roads,but in the process of re-construction, he caused many hardship for people, hold-ups everywhere!! Most times you'll be stranded
In infrastructures, he has done absolutely nothing!! In transport - he brought some buses, which is a common thing in most states.
Sometimes I just wonder how he was able to gain much publicity like how he gets!! And it seems that is what is encouraging him to nothing in edo state again!! What The governor of kano state kwankawaso did in 2 years, oshiomole did not do in 6years!! So what makes him a performing governor?? Benin is simply like a developed village!! And oshiomole is doing nothing, he is just feeding on the praises he gets from people that have never been to benin before!!
I did not create this thread to de-fame him!! I just opened it to tell the whole Nigeria the plain-truth!! So that he'll start getting criticised like many other governors and stop getting praise from people who don't want edo state to be developed!! Thanks
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by brownlord: 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
If you had stared this criticism with your pay masters who squandered the money meant for development for 8 yrs the same benin wont be where it is today, it would have been a modernized heaven and not a village as you regard it, so the hardship you are complaining about is because of holdup you experience as a result of construction of roads, thank God you said the truth unlike your colleagues on nairaland who would do everything humanly possible to discredit him because they are no longer in the government payroll ( PDP chop i chop ) system in edo state. anyway did you bother to look at the schools? as quack private schools is fading away, please try to visit Ambrose alli university i was amazed at the massive development i saw there the last time i visited, Okpella cement factory is coming up, i would have enlighten you more, but no need some of you PDP thugs have since lost your mind and sale you soul to the devil nothing else anyone can do to convince.

But my advise, get a better job cos PDP will remain in opposition for a very long time in Edo state

1 Like

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 12:39am On Jun 04, 2013
homesteady: IMO, its a big YES!! He is so so over-hyped!! To start with - I won't deny that he is the best thing that has happened to my Father's land!! He made benin look like were human beings can be found!! Lucky igbinidion was the worst thing that happened to edo state!!.
He also succeeded in making people think that Edo state is one 'HEAVEN' you'll not like to miss! (I've seen many victims especially on Nairaland) Well it is a good thing, because I can proudly tell anyone that I am from edo state!! Lol!!
But coming down to reality,Oshiomole is just one of those governors!! It 'll be a crime to humanity to classify oshiomole under the league of performing governors!! I was so shocked when I saw oshiomole's name among the list of performing governors!! And I was so surprised that people that I thought were intelligent were praising him!!
Oshiomole only transformed Ring road in benin city!! Just one area!! And he re-constructed many roads,but in the process of re-construction, he caused many hardship for people, hold-ups everywhere!! Most times you'll be stranded
In infrastructures, he has done absolutely nothing!! In transport - he brought some buses, which is a common thing in most states.
Sometimes I just wonder how he was able to gain much publicity like how he gets!! And it seems that is what is encouraging him to nothing in edo state again!! What The governor of kano state kwankawaso did in 2 years, oshiomole did not do in 6years!! So what makes him a performing governor?? Benin is simply like a developed village!! And oshiomole is doing nothing, he is just feeding on the praises he gets from people that have never been to benin before!!
I did not create this thread to de-fame him!! I just opened it to tell the whole Nigeria the plain-truth!! So that he'll start getting criticised like many other governors and stop getting praise from people who don't want edo state to be developed!! Thanks

I really don't know where to start with you as almost every single sentence in ur write-up contains falsehood. I'm not from Edo State, but was in Edo State (Uniben) from 2004 to 2009(when I went for service) so I saw 1st hand the horror of PDP in that state. You are a big LIAR and an INGRATE too say Oshiomole isn't a top performer. What exactly did you expect from him that he hasn't done.

If the PDP had done up to 5% of what Oshiomole has done I'm sure Edo State people wouldn't have voted them out. PDP destroyed that state for almost 10 years and it's the rot Oshiomole is trying to clean up.

His overwhelming victory in the last election shows how satisfied Edo people are with Oshiobaba. The dude has done exceedingly well for Edo State and only one who used to benefit from the rot that characterized the PDP Govt will say Oshiomole isn't doing well. One won't be wrong to call such ones VERMINS, BLOOD-SUCKING WITCHES who detest progress and development. These folks are Satanic, dark-hearted agents of Darkness.

God bless Edo State!!!

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 12:45am On Jun 04, 2013
Even the Oba of Benin couldn't hide his excitement over Oshiomole's victory

I prayed to ancestors for Oshiomhole to win – Oba of Benin

July 19, 2012 | 1:10 am

BENIN CITY – Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, said he prayed to his ancestors and God Almighty to give Governor Adams Oshiomhole victory in last weekend’s election, so that he can complete the laudable projects his administration had started.

The monarch spoke when Governor Oshiomhole and his deputy, Dr Pius Odubu, visited him in his palace, where the governor presented his Certificate of Return to the Oba.

Before the Oba spoke, he brought out a special kola and hot drink, which he mandated the Iyase of Benin kingdom to pray with for the second tenure of Oshiomhole.

In his prayers, the Iyase thanked God and the ancestors for ensuring victory for Oshiomhole and prayed that the gods will provide the wherewithal with which the governor will use to continue his infrastructural development.

Addressing the governor, the Oba said, he had always prayed for the success of the governor privately but that he had now decided to address him publicly now that God and the ancestors had given him victory.

He said: “I have addressed you privately and prayed for you for your second term. You are welcomed to my palace. We have watched what you have done, like what the media is saying that your hand work is going to campaign for you. I prayed to my ancestors for you too and every body has seen what you are doing for the people.

“Some of the roads that were- left in a bad state, we have seen what you have done. And, of course, not only Benin Kingdom but the entire state, infrastructural developments are going on. The last time you came, I prayed to the ancestors to assist you come back to complete the works your started.  As my Chief was praying, he added in his prayers that God and the ancestors should provide you the wherewithal to carry on with your infrastructural development and do more.”

Earlier, Oshiomhole thanked  the Oba for the support to his administration and assured that he would use the resources of the state to build a new Benin City in his second tenure.
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 12:49am On Jun 04, 2013
The Retardeen got punked by the Oba, same Oba who endorsed Oshiomole.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 12:58am On Jun 04, 2013
@OP

I expect you to come on this thread and apologize to the good people of Edo State for denigrating the one and only comrade Governor.

Failure to do that will see me making the rest of ur NL days HELL.

Its a promise, not a threat.....

I'm following you already!!

cool

P.S.: My regards to ur Oga, Edo State PDP Chairman...

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by dayokanu(m): 1:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Ikengawo: 1:45am On Jun 04, 2013
ACN is the most annoying party in Nigeria.
Like i've said before, two developments per governor, and 8 years of LOUD noise.

Oshiomole re-did roundabouts and started cleaning the place.
the end result is ACN will tell you he's martin luther king.
there are schools in Edo that wouldn't be allowed to stand in Somalia.
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 8:18am On Jun 04, 2013
Ikengawo: ACN is the most annoying party in Nigeria.
Like i've said before, two developments per governor, and 8 years of LOUD noise.

Oshiomole re-did roundabouts and started cleaning the place.
the end result is ACN will tell you he's martin luther king.
there are schools in Edo that wouldn't be allowed to stand in Somalia.

Akpu chopping dude...

How you dey??

cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by homesteady(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2013
brownlord: If you had stared this criticism with your pay masters who squandered the money meant for development for 8 yrs the same benin wont be where it is today, it would have been a modernized heaven and not a village as you regard it, so the hardship you are complaining about is because of holdup you experience as a result of construction of roads, thank God you said the truth unlike your colleagues on nairaland who would do everything humanly possible to discredit him because they are no longer in the government payroll ( PDP chop i chop ) system in edo state. anyway did you bother to look at the schools? as quack private schools is fading away, please try to visit Ambrose alli university i was amazed at the massive development i saw there the last time i visited, Okpella cement factory is coming up, i would have enlighten you more, but no need some of you PDP thugs have since lost your mind and sale you soul to the devil nothing else anyone can do to convince.

But my advise, get a better job cos PDP will remain in opposition for a very long time in Edo state
if you can point out any place I praised the edo pdp government, then I'll surely go and hug the nearest transformer in my area!!
I did not say he has not done anything in edo state!! I just said the hype is getting is more than enough!! And it is making him to be relaxed!! I gave an example of kano state governor!! What he has done in 2years, oshiomole did not do in 6 years!! I can boldly say this because I shuttle between kano and edo!!
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by homesteady(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2013
My people say 'You will never know the taste of poison, until you taste it'
I'm currently in Ugbowo, benin city edo state!!, near UNIBEN!! So in this case, I've tasted the poison!! So I know how it tastes!!
I said you people should stop over-praising him!! Is it so hard to understand!! the praises he is getting is making him so lazy!! I'll still continue to use kano state governor as an example!! Just in his 2years in office, he has transformed kano in almost every sector!! He is so popular and loved in kano state that people now dress like him!! White kaftan and red cap!! He has empowered a lot of people!! He has transformed sabon garri market!! The government house is now a sight to behold!! And many more things!! I'm always in kano, so I know all this things!! So if oshiomole is described as a performing governor, what will I call kano state governor?? Super performing governor?? I should have use lagos state in comparing, but I've never been to lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Myself2(m): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2013
Garri the 1st:

I really don't know where to start with you as almost every single sentence in ur write-up contains falsehood. I'm not from Edo State, but was in Edo State (Uniben) from 2004 to 2009(when I went for service) so I saw 1st hand the horror of PDP in that state. You are a big LIAR and an INGRATE too say Oshiomole isn't a top performer. What exactly did you expect from him that he hasn't done.

If the PDP had done up to 5% of what Oshiomole has done I'm sure Edo State people wouldn't have voted them out. PDP destroyed that state for almost 10 years and it's the rot Oshiomole is trying to clean up.

His overwhelming victory in the last election shows how satisfied Edo people are with Oshiobaba. The dude has done exceedingly well for Edo State and only one who used to benefit from the rot that characterized the PDP Govt will say Oshiomole isn't doing well. One won't be wrong to call such ones VERMINS, BLOOD-SUCKING WITCHES who detest progress and development. These folks are Satanic, dark-hearted agents of Darkness.

God bless Edo State!!!

See how your hatred for PDP as a party has completely blinded you such that you left the issues @homesteady raised,which is on the performance of Igbinedion(who he rightly scored zero) and Oshiomhole(who he rightly gave pass mark,but not had issues with how much the mark should be),you left the individuals and derailed to parties.
As if that wasn't bad enough,like a rabid dog,you kept barking at homesteady without addressing the issues he raised,is he not entitled to his opinion?

1 Like

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Garrithe1st: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Myself2:

See how your hatred for PDP as a party has completely blinded you such that you left the issues @homesteady raised,which is on the performance of Igbinedion(who he rightly scored zero) and Oshiomhole(who he rightly gave pass mark,but not had issues with how much the mark should be),you left the individuals and derailed to parties.
As if that wasn't bad enough,like a rabid dog,you kept barking at homesteady without addressing the issues he raised,is he not entitled to his opinion?

Another swine with fecal matter in place of brain cells...

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Myself2(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Another swine with fecal matter in place of brain cells...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Very funny,you must be mistaking me for your father
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
homesteady: IMO, its a big YES!! He is so so over-hyped!! To start with - I won't deny that he is the best thing that has happened to my Father's land!! He made benin look like were human beings can be found!! Lucky igbinidion was the worst thing that happened to edo state!!.

HEY!! Where are you from?m i am very sure you just hate the dude pure and simple. how on earth will you say that oshobaba constructed only a few road. May God forgive you, i am sure you must have taken money to make this report. for your information you are not the only one to have been to Edo or from the state. Have you seen those road in Auchi all through to agenebode and the drainage and erosion control in place? ok lets move to edo central, the roads linking all the communities constructed at the cheapest rate in Nigeria by a governor, not to talk of the numerous roads in Benin. What about Education? Edo state boast of the best government class rooms in the entire county. The dude build health centers in all the local government areas of the states. renovating some of the government buildings and a lot more i can mentions here.Edo people are to educated to fall for your cheap blackmail...try maiduguri or yobe you may suceed. idiot Lucky igbenedion soldier that wants to see the state destroyed.
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
present school situation in Edo state..i am sure the OP did not enjoy such facilities as an undergraduate.

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
more

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
compare to what Lucky igbinedion PDP govt. left

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
Newly constructed Ogbemudia Stadium by Oshiomhole

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by ehispapa(m): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
OP to be continue...its the Op and hie like that never wish the good people of Edo well. But by the grace of God they are moving forward

Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Mylove55(f): 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
Oshiobaba is not working,but he is better than Gej.trash this thread,is rubbish,i waste my mb viewing it.apologise to me now
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by Wendyslim(f): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Na Wah oooo. See as brt bus full everywhere very soon danfo and cabs driver go become jobless all over the country as he don dey happen for Abuja.
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by dapachez: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2013
What poison did or do you taste in ugbowo? The road construction on the major road is a federal government project been carried out by RCC or are you not aware? Oshiomole is only in charge of the side roads.there was always serious hold ups but all that has eased up from isihor to uwasota junction(that's my daiky route so I know what am talking about or do you expect him to control traffic for federal projects?)have you taken a drive round benin and see how the schools all the way from uselu shell to iyaro,dawson,1st,2nd n 3rd east circular to ikpoba hill.I left benin 7 years ago though I do come in for visits once in a while and frankly Oshiobaba has transformed Benin city( that's the part I have seen so far) if the previous administration had done even a tiny bit of what he has done then there wouldn't have been much more development. Frankly Oshiomole has raised the bar for anyone that takes over to beat. That said those men in red that control traffic should be called to order asap cos if allowed to blossom in their current phase lastma will be child's play. God bless Edo state,God bless Nigeria and God touch the hearts of our leaders to do the right thing
homesteady: My people say 'You will never know the taste of poison, until you taste it'
I'm currently in Ugbowo, benin city edo state!!, near UNIBEN!! So in this case, I've tasted the poison!! So I know how it tastes!!
I said you people should stop over-praising him!! Is it so hard to understand!! the praises he is getting is making him so lazy!! I'll still continue to use kano state governor as an example!! Just in his 2years in office, he has transformed kano in almost every sector!! He is so popular and loved in kano state that people now dress like him!! White kaftan and red cap!! He has empowered a lot of people!! He has transformed sabon garri market!! The government house is now a sight to behold!! And many more things!! I'm always in kano, so I know all this things!! So if oshiomole is described as a performing governor, what will I call kano state governor?? Super performing governor?? I should have use lagos state in comparing, but I've never been to lagos.
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by homesteady(m): 7:18am On Jun 06, 2013
Please you people should not get me wrong!! All I'm just trying to say is that he is not working with the same zeal he had before!! The praises are to much, making him to think he has already transformed edo state into one heaven!! He is not working like before!! Everytime you'll hear fashola is doing this, he is doing that!! I also want to hear and see the same of oshiomole!!
Besides I even voted for him during the last election!! Because I thought he 'll continue with his very good works!!
Re: Is Adams Oshiomole Over-hyped?? by dapachez: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2013
List the sectors with sources or pictures,development of market ko market ni? Am waiting for your reply. People love him that they dress like him smh for you. What is the typical hausa dressing isn't it kaftan or agbada? So what's the big deal.
homesteady: My people say 'You will never know the taste of poison, until you taste it'

(1) (Reply)

[Video] What Mrs Aisha Buhari Actually Said In Edo / Goodluck Jonathan 10 Achievements That Buhari Must Not Take Credit For / 5 Things Nigerian Govt Must Make Its Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.