Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,362 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

What Would You Want The Next President To Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Want The Next President To Do? (325 Views)

2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu / APC To Zone Senate President To North-east, Speaker, South-west / Excited Crowd Disrupts Buhari’s Campaign In Jos, Forces President To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by TruthinAction: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
We are taught in school that democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. But what we are witnessing in Nigeria is not in conformity with this definition. Rather, it's our leaders who tells us what they want to do for us. I think we should start telling our elected leaders even before they are elected what we want from them.

So, I want us to use this forum to begin make our lists. And the youth bodies in Nigeria should summarize this list and present them before the presidential aspirants. Only those who make a commitment to the list should have our vote.

My own lists are;

1. I want a leader who will genuinely fight terrorist and bandits and end insecurity we are facing within six months of being in office.

2. I want a leader who will champion the course of an industrial revolution in Nigeria so as to create employment opportunities for our job seekers.

3. I want a president who will ensure all our refineries are working and completely stop the importation of refined petroleum products.

4. The next president should give attention to educate by making good budget for it and ensure that the demands of our lecturers are met.

5. The next president should invest agriculture and ensure that locally produced agricultural products are cheap and affordable.

6. The next president should ensure power supply issue is fixed. No economy can grow with epileptic power supply.

7. The next president should ensure that all are federal roads are in good condition and free of pot holes.

8. The next president should ensure that corruption is genuinely fought and those involved are prosecuted according to the provisions of the law.

9. The next president should ensure that appointments into public offices reflect true federal character without compromising competence.

Please, add yours.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by Opintiwa: 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
State policing.

Reduce all minsters,Senators,Governor’s salary to the minimum

1 Like

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by Massiveglory: 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
The next president should simply take Nigeria from a consuming nation to a producing nation as he has promised.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by slimanyd: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Nah God hand I dey so. Anywhere what mummy GO just said today about BBnaija

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmxK8CpbRfE
Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by Tokskob2008: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
The next president should be a very smart and sharp guy, enough of ineffectual and docile C-in-C...

1 Like

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
We said all we wanted before this present natural disaster currently in Aso rock came into power and started pressing everybody neck like village people.
Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by SmellyNyash: 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin To kill all zombies grin

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by 3ple9iner: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
what I expect from the next administration is not only for the president but the next Senate

1) Within six month reduce banditry and terrorism to a minimum and finally end it in the next six months. during this process, the Senate should government should create a bill allowing state and Local governments to own,fund and control their own police.

2) There should also be a bill that would be passed by the Senate allowing states to manage and control resources in their states.

3) State and private companies should be allowed to generate and transmit electricity.

See they should just throw away our present constitution and a new one should be made in line with realities on ground.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Want The Next President To Do? by TruthinAction: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2022
Good contributions so far. Please, let's speak out. The youths seems to be too quiet. We shouldn't allow the Lekki toll gate killings to deter us from contributing to good governance in Nigeria. I know that there are saboteurs amongst the youths. But our voices must be heard.

(1) (Reply)

30 Terrorists Who Ambushed Soldiers In Abuja Neutralised – DHQ Claims / Will Obi Release Nnamdi Kanu? / F. Kperogi: These Last Months Of Buhari Are Like A Badly Written Horror Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.