Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu (33414 Views)

Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by pinkPUSSY(f): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
Governor of Oyo State, ‘Seyi Makinde, has wished the former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, well in his quest to become the president of Nigeria.

While wishing Tinubu well, the governor noted that he wants the best for Nigeria.

He said this when Tinubu visited him over the demise of a former governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, and two prominent traditional rulers – the Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade III, and the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogunguniso 1.

A statement by Mr. Taiwo Adisa, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde, quoted the governor as saying that the national leader of All Progressives Congress stood for politics without bitterness.

According to him, politicians, may fight, struggle for political positions, but power can only come from God.

He said, “I want to welcome you to Oyo State. We are really grateful for this visit. This is the year political parties will elect their candidates towards the election that is coming next year. So, what this had demonstrated to us is, you stood for politics without bitterness.

“During this political season, you may have to question yourself on why you need to come to the Government House because people might have another interpretation to it. But you sent a message to me and I was delighted to host you in Ibadan.

“We lost two traditional rulers almost in quick succession. First, it was Soun of Ogbomoso land, and we were planning for the burial when the Olubadan of Ibadanland also joined his ancestors. We were still in the middle of that when former Governor Akala also died. I can see that in Oyo State, we try to take politics out of what we call ‘omoluabi’.

“We may fight, struggle for political positions but we know power can only come from God and He gives it to whomever He will like to give it to at whatever time.

“We really thank you for this visit and want to let you know that we have taken proper notice that you have risen above politics and all that is going around here to come and share with us at this moment that we are grieving. We say thank you.

“Let me also use this opportunity to wish you well in your political quest to govern this nation. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time.”

Read Also
Nigeria beat Sudan 3-1, break record, reach AFCON last 16
[LIVE] AFCON: Sudan score penalty, reduce Nigeria's lead to 3-1
[LIVE] Nigeria vs Sudan: Dominant Super Eagles lead 2-0 at half time
Tinubu was quoted as saying that the reign of the two prominent traditional rulers was peaceful, adding that the duo contributed to the peaceful atmosphere of the state.

The statement also quoted Tinubu as stating that the late Governor Alao-Akala equally contributed immensely to the political development and the love radiating within the political arena in the state.

He said, “I want to thank you, the governor. It was only last night that I thought of my coming here and we are here today. Having lost a former governor of this state, the Olubadan of Ibadanland and Soun of Ogbomoso, it is just for us to go back to the sense of value of people and their lives.

“With this situation, we share in your loss. You, as the governor on the saddle of power, take responsibility for the situation here. I want to say that we thank God Ibadan has been peaceful and not a den of violence but peaceful.

“Every other thing that has happened has taught us in the book of religion that we are just passing through and we will leave one day. But no matter how long, it is difficult to absorb the loss easily.

“Thank you for being accommodating. We gave you a short hour’s notice and you responded.

“That is a demonstration of a good character, which is rare. People get, sometimes, intoxicated with power and the arrogance of office can be overwhelming, but not with you. Thank you for receiving us so quickly.”

Tinubu’s visit to the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, came after he had paid condolence visits to the palaces of the Soun of Ogbomoso land, Olubadan of Ibadanland, and residence of the late Governor Alao-Akala, where he sympathised with the respective families.

https://punchng.com/presidency-i-wish-you-well-but-want-the-best-for-nigeria-makinde-tells-tinubu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1642275622

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by vanbonattel: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
When translated, it means

" You are the worst candidate out there" grin

350 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by System202: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bola Tinubu

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Entprys(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
Meaning ?
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by insidelife22(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
dude is indirectly telling bullion bat that he is not a good one for Nigeria.
he should keep to Lagos.

246 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by pinkPUSSY(f): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
vanbonattel:

Maybe Makinde is Ipob

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Jostoman: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good one Seyi makinde

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Coolsperm: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Tinubu is very greedy man that want unity without equity

227 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Validated: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Tinubu is backing on first mover advantage ... e no dey work like that. Soon, new entrants will overshadow this supposed shine.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
He said, “I want to welcome you to Oyo State. We are really grateful for this visit. This is the year political parties will elect their candidates towards the election that is coming next year. So, what this had demonstrated to us is, you stood for politics without bitterness.

“During this political season, you may have to question yourself on why you need to come to the Government House because people might have another interpretation to it. But you sent a message to me and I was delighted to host you in Ibadan.

“We lost two traditional rulers almost in quick succession. First, it was Soun of Ogbomoso land, and we were planning for the burial when the Olubadan of Ibadanland also joined his ancestors. We were still in the middle of that when former Governor Akala also died. I can see that in Oyo State, we try to take politics out of what we call ‘omoluabi’.

“We may fight, struggle for political positions but we know power can only come from God and He gives it to whomever He will like to give it to at whatever time.

“We really thank you for this visit and want to let you know that we have taken proper notice that you have risen above politics and all that is going around here to come and share with us at this moment that we are grieving. We say thank you.

“Let me also use this opportunity to wish you well in your political quest to govern this nation. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time.”

Nice speech from Makinde, saluting Asiwaju political acumen of not playing politics of hate and agreeing to meet with the governor while in Oyo state. Makinde wished him well in his political quest and said we all want the best for the country.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by haffaze777(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
LegendHero:

Nice speech from Makinde, saluting Asiwaju political acumen of not playing politics of hate and agreeing to meet with the governor while in Oyo state. Makinde wished him well in his political quest and said we all want the best for the country.

just say after me "God bless Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu"grin

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
haffaze777:

God bless Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by DEROX: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
smiley he will still win

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Tap0lane: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
I know for a fact from now till eternity a convicted run away Atiku who left his wife in jail over $20M laundering scandal or Peter Peter Obi who used his daughter to launder $5M in cash to Pandora will never be beta than Tinubu.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by christejames(m): 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
What a subtle way of telling the geront to...

Zukwanike!!!grin grin grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Bettykeys: 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by kettykin: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Makinde is wise, this is one Yoruba man i respect so much.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Adeyinka12(m): 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
“Let me also use this opportunity to wish you well in your
political quest to govern this nation. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time.”

O deep gaaaan. Great meaning for the wise

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by EraseTheDot: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Maybe Makinde is Ipob
Understanding is so difficult for Igbos.. maybe because of their shape of head.

How would you expect a PDP Governor to openly support an APC candidate but of course, no PDP stalwarts has ever been received with pump and pageantry asTinubu was received in the Government house. It only indicates an underlying acceptance to Tinubu's ambition.

-erase the dot

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by yorubarere: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2022

See what punch and the op twisted to their evil wish. Seyi never said that headline to Tinubu. They knew Nigerians only read headlines, so they fooled them.

This politics of hate against one person will ruin so many people.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
it's obvious 90% of Igbo on Nairaland are illiterates, Makinde just identify with Tinubu Ambition of course indirectly being in opposition party

despite Tinubu came to pay visit for the losses of prominent people of Yoruba land in Oyo state, Makinde still find means to recognized the political Ambition

by 2023 igbo will understand why they (igbo) called Yoruba backstabber grin

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by yorubarere: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
vanbonattel:

Reading could have stopped you from this disgrace. Illiteracy and hate when mixed together can be disastrous for health cheesy

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by yorubarere: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
insidelife22:
dude is indirectly telling bullion bat that he is not a good one for Nigeria.

he should keep to Lagos.
Reading could have stopped you from this disgrace. Illiteracy and hate when mixed together can be disastrous for health cheesy

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by yorubarere: 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
kettykin:
Makinde is wise, this is one Yoruba man i respect so much.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Bettykeys: 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
vanbonattel:

You need refund on all your studies from primary to your last level of education

I wish you well. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time

The statement above simply implies that Makinde is for Yoruba presidency

I wish you well mean. You have my support

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by yorubarere: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
haffaze777:

Whom God has blessed, no pig can curse cheesy

Ipob will wail as usual and nothing will happen as it has been since 2015 and so shall it be till the end of time.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Indispensable85(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nice one!
Tinubu in the move while the bitter losers are wailing on nairaland.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by kettykin: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
yorubarere:

Makinde is foolish,this is one Yoruba man i disrespect so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Bettykeys: 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2022

The Punch and OP twisted the headline as bait for rising crime republic to masturbate as usually

In reality, we knw that when you wish someone well you want success for him.

Being opposition, Makinde use style to market omo Oodua for presidency.
Our own is our own. Oduduwa aagbewa oo

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Danjikanbauchi: 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
Upper cut

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Chimookigwe: 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
JAGABAN 23/27

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by ABUGEORGE(m): 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
I expect everyone to tell him the honest fact, he should relax and support Osibanjo for the president and Zulum for Vice President

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / DSS To Arrest Samuel Ogundipe Who Leaked Monguno's Letter On Abba Kyari - SIGNAL / Okada Riders Clash In Ogun: Dangote Trucks Set Ablaze, 7 People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.