Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law (28492 Views)

'Tinubu's Transcript Has Implicated Him' - David Hundeyin / Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government / 'It’s Unfair To Compare Obasanjo’s Government With Buhari’s' - Olujonwo Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by nairavsdollars(f): 6:15am On Jul 28, 2022
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila believes that the military government led by former Head of State and later president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo unjustly murdered his father-in- law, the late General Iliya Bisalla, Nigeria’s former Minister of Defence.
Gbajabiamila who is married to Salamatu, the late Bisalla’s daughter,  stated this in his book ‘MR SPEAKER: The legislative life, service, and resilience of Femi Gbajabiamila’ written by Charles Omole and Musa Krishi and forwarded by Chief Emeka Anyaoku, former Commonwealth Secretary-General.
Bisalla was executed along with 30 other officers on March 11, 1976, for being involved in the abortive coup of February 13, 1976 in which Nigeria’s then Head of State, General Murtala Mohammed was assassinated.

A total of 125 people were arrested in connection with the coup. Forty were released, but 32, among them the defense minister, Maj. Gen. I. D. Bisalla, received death sentences. They were executed at the Kirikiri prison shooting range.
Throughout his trial, he was said to have maintained his innocence before the Gen. Emmanuel Abisoye led Military Tribunal that tried the coup plotters.
Mrs Salamatu Gbajabiamila was just  was just eight when she lost her father.

The book, a copy sighted by DAILY INDEPENDENT reads “Gbajabiamila was admitted to the Georgia State Bar in June 1991. He then set up his own law firm, Femi Gbajabiamila and associates in Atlanta, Georgia the same city where he met his wife, Salamatu”.
“Salamatu Bisalla was a student in Washington DC when he casually crossed paths with Gbajabiamila. Born into a prominent family, her father- the late General Iliya Bisalla – was appointed Minister of Defence (Federal Commissioner for Defence) under the Murtala Mohammed regime”.

“Although, he and Murtala were coursemates at Sandhurst Course 27, Bisalla was implicated in the Dimka-led coup that killed Murtala. He pleaded his innocence of the charges until the very end…
Gbajabiamila believes that his late father-in-law was unjustifiably implicated in the coup attempt where, curiously, 90 percent of those involved were of Middle-Belt extraction”.

“The military at that time was unfortunately highly politicised and a lot of people, both military men and civilians, were under severe pressure to incriminate people".

"When the evidence against Bisalla could not be substantiated or corroborated, the then military government under Obasanjo and Yar’Adua enacted the controversial Decree 29 that makes anyone who hears of the planning of a coup and does not report the matter guilty as an ‘accessory to the fact”.
“It was the first time in the history of any judicial investigation that a Decree will be passed because of a single individual” Gbajabiamila opines.

Many years later, it was this same Decree that was used in arresting Obasanjo by General Abacha”.

https://independent.ng/how-obasanjo-government-implicated-executed-my-father-in-law-gbajabiamila/

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by NmachiEbubechi: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
Such an interesting read. Go get these books: Understanding, Releasing and Maximizing your potential by Myles Munroe. Forget Nigerian politicians for your own sanity.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Freelane33(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria jaga jaga
Regionalization is the only best thing that can happen to Nigeria at the moment
Obidatti, atiku , tinubu or whatsoever will still be dribbling round the same circle without regionalization

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by TimmyTen(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
Already, a sizable chunk of Nigerians are tired of the Nigerian experiment and want to end it. All they need is a very good reason to end it... any good reason except Coup.

Democracy under APC is nothing but doom

15 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by phemmyfour: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
You better face your studies in harvard

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Daddyyin: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by AntiChristian: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2022
God will judge all of us in the end whether you believe in Him as you should or you don't!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by dfrost: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2022
Attention diversion strategy. Well done Gbaja, well done.

@ tuoyoojo this is why it was brought to the fore. Something for us to chew on.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Brendaniel: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2022
And today you are speaker of house of rep, You, Lawan, Buhari and Tinubu are doing the exact same thing to Nigerians, killing and destroying lives and properties with the same power vested on you all, yet you sit down and accuse another man who was doing his job under military junta(not justifying his actions) but you have no moral standing in governance to accuse him ...

The same man wiped almost all Nigeria's debt off and also saved while you guys piled up debts and depleted what was saved.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Toneypen247(m): 6:23am On Jul 28, 2022
H
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by inoki247: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2022
We don dey too see this one for News lately he no find solution to the problem we are facing in this country na attention he jus dey find up nd down..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by tishbite41(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2022
U can all go to hell.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by tuoyoojo(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2022
It is well

Sorry to hear this

Wanted to ask why this is brought to the fore now

Modified

Compatriots arise

Don't take ur eyes from the ball

Them one confuse us and give us hard bone to chew

After owo massacre, who was arrested. Now attacked on construction site...watch how they would say, Nigerians show go about their normal duties and that every thing is under control

Those telling you to be calm go japa when things red o

Do you feel safe in this country. Do you think the government who you pay tax to can protect you

Where are the billions allocated for security.

They use 1 billion dollars for security....Carry calculator do the maths....how many billions in naira is that

Where are the tucano jets

Do u feel safe under this regime

Stay focused

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Pwettylinda(f): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2022
grin
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2022
Many many were po nle

It is called okotua meme

Government lenfi Gau
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by DWJOBScom(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2022
He heard of a coup and did nothing
I love history but not when it's told by a politician

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Brushstrokes20: 6:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Mr harvad shouldn't distract us undecided
A thousand and one problems is currently bedevilling Nig and your executed in law ain't one of them!

The lifeless scammer must be CHECKMATED / IMPEACHED asap undecided. enough of nonsense.

15 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Fcwilly: 6:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Please what has this got to do with issues at hand? (Insecurity and economic problems) this guy brain need to be fingered.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Luminary1(f): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Very stupid man. How does this change the fact that some terrorist attacked ondo state again? With scores of people killed and maimed cry

What is wrong with us as a people? Value for human life zero! My God!

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Teerach: 6:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Abeg shut up. PMB government is doing worst. They are implicating and executing Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Proudlycanadian: 6:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Being a leader, you'll step on toes... Just make sure it is justice for all

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 28, 2022
No pity for you.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by datola: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2022
Gbajabiamila should go and sit down. What he and his ills are currently doing for Nigerians is worse than any alleged past error by Obasanjo.

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by princeryle1: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2022
History
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Khastro(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2022
Some of Nigeria's darker days. Still none of those leaders were there entirely for the people. They protected their interests since 1914. I just think back to Atiku saying that most northerners aren't on SM. It is this kind of deprivation that does not enable formation of needed "Critical Mass" required for a revolution

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Originakalokalo(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2022
It is well.

As the world winds down, what happens to you after life?

I am certain of eternal rest.

You?

See my assurance

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
— John 6:40 (KJV)

A word is enough for the wise.

Don't be deceived,
If you don't get baptized and acknowledge him as the Son of God who took your place of punishment on the cross, you don't believe in him.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Nokio1: 6:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Coward bissala that made the coup fail,the northern cabal would never had held us to ransom since! Didn't know that agbado speaker is our in-law...bissala is from gindiri,mangu local government, plateau state while dimka is from amper,kanke lgc,plateau.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by NwaAdazzi(m): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Dah one concern her papa..Mr Harvard

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Gval123: 6:28am On Jul 28, 2022
You never know, if the military takes over power today, that same faith will come upon these criminal politicians we have today

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Sonnobax15(m): 6:29am On Jul 28, 2022
tongue
Re: Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law by Gkay1(m): 6:29am On Jul 28, 2022
Because your father in_law refused to loyal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Dead As Youths Clash With Police In Anambra (Pics, Video) / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members / Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu's New Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.